Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Twin Town Targets 10:51 - Jun 24 with 2007 viewsrkershaw

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53078948

Having read the above article with great interest........'St Pauli - The Cult German football club that wants to change the game forever - Is this club already living football's new future?'.......I drew distinct parallels with our own beloved football club and it's, predominately, working class fan-base. Thinking cap on.......I've quickly jotted down a few ideas as to how our club could, possibly, follow St Pauli's journey to global success (400 official supporters clubs around the World). Rochdale is twinned with Sahiwal (Pakistan)......population 431,000 .....Lahore (180km away)....population 12M.......Faisalabad (100km away).....population 3.5M. Twinned with Sylhet (Bangladesh).....population 852,000.......Sylhet Division/Region ....population 12M.......I know that the club already endeavours to engage the local Pakistani / Bangladeshi community.....perhaps we could throw the net further afield?? Twinned with Lviv (Ukraine)......population 724,000. Admittedly, only Lviv have a football club to note (FC Lviv who play in the Ukrainian Premier League (standard??) and comprise of players from the Ukraine and, more interestingly, Brazil!!) Post- Brexit......Rochdale's twin town links with Bielefeld and Peine (Germany) and Tourcoing (France) will be deemed unacceptable after the UK leaves the EC......replaced by Rhyl, Worksop and Romford (all have which have a football club...... with the former having a newly formed phoenix club). Keeping with the theme of global domination......it'd be great to think that the club could continue to forge links with the aforementioned European twin towns in some capacity or other (especially as US Tourcoing FC seemingly developed a certain Didier Drogba and Johan Cabaye within their youth ranks!!;) The three UK based twin towns could perhaps provide us with pre- season friendlies and possibly a scouting system which could unearth the next Hendo?? Just think now would be the perfect time to create something a bit different and to think of our future........ both on and off the pitch!!

[Post edited 26 Jun 2020 7:14]
Twin Town Targets on 15:13 - Jun 25 with 1654 viewsSandyDrum

I'm curious, have you read this satirical article from The Rochdale Herald and taken it seriously?

Or am I being whooshed?

https://rochdaleherald.co.uk/2016/11/16/rochdale-twin-towns-to-be-replaced-post-

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Twin Town Targets on 18:23 - Jun 25 with 1443 viewsrkershaw

Twin Town Targets on 15:13 - Jun 25 by SandyDrum

I'm curious, have you read this satirical article from The Rochdale Herald and taken it seriously?

Or am I being whooshed?

https://rochdaleherald.co.uk/2016/11/16/rochdale-twin-towns-to-be-replaced-post-

Read the BBC article on St Pauli and had a stab at coming up with an idea to replicate at our own club .....focus being on thinking outside of the box. An attempt to widen our own fan base which would, in turn, promote our success on the pitch. Not intended to be a political stance......simply to provoke thoughts /discussions of how it can be done. I'm sure that you'll tell me to stick to my feeble attempts at song writing but if you've got any suggestions then I'm, like the FA cup, all ears!! ;)
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 18:26]
Twin Town Targets on 18:37 - Jun 25 with 1417 viewstony_roch975

That article interested me too. I think this is one of the best threads on here since the thwarted EGMs - it's exactly this sort of creative thinking which the Trust question to the Board (What other avenues to bring in investment have you considered?) was intended to illicit; and sadly their response failed to deliver anything as imaginative as you've set out here. This sort of USP for the Club would offer a way to stay distinct and yet reflect and respect the values of Daleys and the town. Hope the Trust will add it to their basket of new ideas to promote further.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Twin Town Targets on 18:40 - Jun 25 with 1409 viewsAncoats_Blue

A few lower league clubs have “friendships” with European clubs. Oldham and Eintracht Frankfurt Spring to mind Locally. It’d be great if we could reach out to Arminia Bielefeld and Karpaty Lviv. A few of us go over there and get some of them over here. I’ve been wanting to take in a game in Lviv for years.

How about a pre season tourny between the Dale twinned clubs?
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 18:42]
Twin Town Targets on 19:04 - Jun 25 with 1369 viewsrkershaw

Twin Town Targets on 18:40 - Jun 25 by Ancoats_Blue

A few lower league clubs have “friendships” with European clubs. Oldham and Eintracht Frankfurt Spring to mind Locally. It’d be great if we could reach out to Arminia Bielefeld and Karpaty Lviv. A few of us go over there and get some of them over here. I’ve been wanting to take in a game in Lviv for years.

How about a pre season tourny between the Dale twinned clubs?
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 18:42]

The Rochdale Herald informs me that little old Rochdale once formed a formidable, global and rather lucrative cooperative movement......just saying like!! More importantly......Worksop Town FC play their home games at a certain Sandy Lane.....would thou believe it!! ;)
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 19:13]
Twin Town Targets on 19:25 - Jun 25 with 1331 viewsAtThePeake

Twin Town Targets on 18:37 - Jun 25 by tony_roch975

That article interested me too. I think this is one of the best threads on here since the thwarted EGMs - it's exactly this sort of creative thinking which the Trust question to the Board (What other avenues to bring in investment have you considered?) was intended to illicit; and sadly their response failed to deliver anything as imaginative as you've set out here. This sort of USP for the Club would offer a way to stay distinct and yet reflect and respect the values of Daleys and the town. Hope the Trust will add it to their basket of new ideas to promote further.

That's USP for Unique Selling Point and not Ultras Sankt Pauli right?

Tangled up in blue.

Twin Town Targets on 21:04 - Jun 25 with 1230 viewsrkershaw

Twin Town Targets on 19:25 - Jun 25 by AtThePeake

That's USP for Unique Selling Point and not Ultras Sankt Pauli right?

St Pauli adopted the Jolly Roger / Pirate flag which was to become their global trademark and key merchandising / marketing tool i.e. USP !! (a light-hearted gibe at their so-called richer footballing rivals).....What if we were to adopt the Co-op's original rainbow / dove trademark (see links below).....circa 1921-25......possible centenary kit sponsored by non-other than the CO-OP??.....Leyton Orient have flogged more shirts than ever off the back ....pardon the pun.... of Harry Kane's NHS logo / kit sponsorship deal)!! Going down a non -political route, paying homage to Rochdale's very own cooperative international trading movement (opening new investment opportunities .....both financial and footballing........along the way) and, last but not least, jumping onto the rainbow bandwagon; which is so prominent and identifiable in today's current climate (LGBTQ / NHS)??

http://sarceemeadows.coop/co-op-information/the-rainbow-flag#:~:text=Everyone%20

http://www.icaap.coop/pages/history-ica#:~:text=Co%2Doperative%20Flag,ICA'%20Cen
[Post edited 26 Jun 2020 8:35]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024