Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust board Director 15:02 - Jun 30 with 2254 viewsjudd

For any Trust members who have not yet voted, today is the last day to cast your vote for/against Trust representation on the main Club board.

The link was sent out with the June newsletter.

From a purely personal perspective, I would implore members to vote in favour for several reasons, not least it would be highly unusual for the largest shareholder to NOT be represented at main board level, representation in place should an investor proceed with an expression of interest, and eyes and ears in place as an independent Director given how one man was allowed to rule as if he owned the place previously.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Trust board Director on 15:50 - Jun 30 with 2144 viewssxdale

Thanks for the reminder I have now voted. For what it's worth I too think it's better to be inside the tent pi$$ing out rather than the other way round!
Trust board Director on 15:51 - Jun 30 with 2141 viewsJames1980

Vote cast

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Trust board Director on 16:15 - Jun 30 with 2087 viewsturnthescrew

Trust board Director on 15:50 - Jun 30 by sxdale

Thanks for the reminder I have now voted. For what it's worth I too think it's better to be inside the tent pi$$ing out rather than the other way round!

But does it matter who it is, that's doing the pi$$ing?
Trust board Director on 16:23 - Jun 30 with 2069 viewsjudd

Trust board Director on 16:15 - Jun 30 by turnthescrew

We know who the one candidate is and he is wholly approachable and transparent.

Trust board Director on 16:31 - Jun 30 with 2044 viewssxdale

Trust board Director on 16:15 - Jun 30 by turnthescrew

Not entirely sure what your point it there. Care to explain?
Trust board Director on 17:04 - Jun 30 with 1974 viewsturnthescrew

Trust board Director on 16:23 - Jun 30 by judd

We know who the one candidate is and he is wholly approachable and transparent.

Don't doubt it for a minute, but seen by some as a 'yes' man. Others have no idea who he is or what his Dale supporting history is. There may well be no more suitable candidate, but a bit like the Chairman people are a tad sceptical about these people who seem to pop up from nowhere. I doubt if anyone outside the Dale bars would know him if he sat next to them. Only a minority of fans use the bars or are in the Trust anyway.
Trust board Director on 17:10 - Jun 30 with 1945 viewsD_Alien

Trust board Director on 17:04 - Jun 30 by turnthescrew

Don't doubt it for a minute, but seen by some as a 'yes' man. Others have no idea who he is or what his Dale supporting history is. There may well be no more suitable candidate, but a bit like the Chairman people are a tad sceptical about these people who seem to pop up from nowhere. I doubt if anyone outside the Dale bars would know him if he sat next to them. Only a minority of fans use the bars or are in the Trust anyway.

I'd say it's more a case of being bound by NDAs

If the role is intended to enable feedback to Trust members and the wider Dale support, it's not been happening. That's why i question the role

I fully understand why NDAs are part of being a member of the board

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Trust board Director on 17:15 - Jun 30 with 1922 viewsjudd

Trust board Director on 17:04 - Jun 30 by turnthescrew

I am sure there is a Who's who section on the Trust website.

Joining the Trust and having your say can help guide the direction the Trust board representative should take.

He/she is independent, as all board directors should be.

There has been no precedent set at this club before for how a Trust board rep should operate so this appointment has been very much suck it and see. I am sure lessons have been learned and representation and reporting in line with the MOU and FSA Improving the regulation of professional football club proposals can be pushed for.

After all, we are - currently at least - fan owned and fan led.

Login to get fewer ads

Trust board Director on 17:16 - Jun 30 with 1921 viewsjudd

Trust board Director on 17:10 - Jun 30 by D_Alien

I'd say it's more a case of being bound by NDAs

If the role is intended to enable feedback to Trust members and the wider Dale support, it's not been happening. That's why i question the role

I fully understand why NDAs are part of being a member of the board

There's also an MOU in place which needs implementing, IMO.

Trust board Director on 17:26 - Jun 30 with 1906 viewsD_Alien

Trust board Director on 17:16 - Jun 30 by judd

If there's a gap between a MOU being "in place" and being "implemented", what's preventing it from being implemented as intended?

Trust board Director on 17:35 - Jun 30 with 1876 views442Dale

This is crucial and it came up at the meetings with supporters when ensuring this or a new agreement was adhered to in ALL circumstances would be the only way for the club to realise that years and years of lip service are simply not acceptable.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Trust board Director on 07:28 - Jul 4 with 1288 viewsD_Alien

As well as implementing, the MOU section on the Trust website could do with a different photo

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/01/mou-signed-between-trust-and-club/

Trust board Director on 09:03 - Jul 4 with 1186 viewskel

Trust board Director on 07:28 - Jul 4 by D_Alien

As well as implementing, the MOU section on the Trust website could do with a different photo

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/01/mou-signed-between-trust-and-club/

Aye, the bloke on the right has a beard these days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024