Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coleman compensation 20:27 - Jan 23 with 955 viewsBrierls

Just listened to an interview with Accy owner Ilyas Khan on BBC Radio Lancs after seeing a link on AccyWeb, he gives an update on the situation with compensation for Coleman...

- Accy are very supportive of Coleman and Bell, and feel they should 'bend over backwards' to help them if they want to go.
- Dale and Accy need to agree terms, and Peter Marsden and Rob Heys have been tasked with handling the negotiations for Accy.
- Makes a firm point that Coleman is contracted, but keen that a fair agreement is reached.
- Can't put a timescale on things, but said days rather than weeks.
- Hasn't spoken to Jimmy Bell but fully expects him to join Coleman at Dale.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00mv654/Sport_23_01_2012/ (listen from 8 mins in)
Coleman compensation on 20:32 - Jan 23 with 902 viewsfitzochris

Does Coleman need to twiddle his thumbs until this is sorted, I wonder?

The sooner he gets stuck into the mess that is our first team the better.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Coleman compensation on 20:40 - Jan 23 with 819 views442Dale

Coleman compensation on 20:32 - Jan 23 by fitzochris

Does Coleman need to twiddle his thumbs until this is sorted, I wonder?

The sooner he gets stuck into the mess that is our first team the better.

Why days though? Khan said earlier that "The compensation for a manager under contract in the Football League is a relatively well established and easy issue to resolve"

It's a bit frustrating, but something we'll have to put up with I suppose.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Coleman compensation on 20:45 - Jan 23 with 769 viewsfitzochris

Coleman compensation on 20:40 - Jan 23 by 442Dale

Why days though? Khan said earlier that "The compensation for a manager under contract in the Football League is a relatively well established and easy issue to resolve"

It's a bit frustrating, but something we'll have to put up with I suppose.

That's what I would've thought. The more protracted these things are, the more irritating for both clubs.

Coleman can't exactly turn up and take Accy for training with them all knowing he's off. At the same time, Beech can't take our training with the players waiting for Coleman to come in.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Coleman compensation on 20:49 - Jan 23 with 723 views442Dale

What's Eyre up to tomorrow?

Actually, as has been established from his interview, Eyre knows Coleman well... It wouldn't be beyond the strange world of football for him to find himself in a role at Spotland again some day.

Coleman compensation on 20:50 - Jan 23 with 721 viewsBrierls

Having listened to the interview, I don't think it will drag on. Khan was pressed for timescales, but didn't really know what to say as he's not experienced this situation before.

We all know how good Colin Garlick is in this area, and Rob Heys has come across well on the Accy side. Hopefully they can come to an agreement this evening or early tomorrow morning so both clubs can move forwards, and I think that will be the remit set by their respective chairmen.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Coleman compensation on 20:55 - Jan 23 with 679 views442Dale

Coleman compensation on 20:50 - Jan 23 by Brierls

Having listened to the interview, I don't think it will drag on. Khan was pressed for timescales, but didn't really know what to say as he's not experienced this situation before.

We all know how good Colin Garlick is in this area, and Rob Heys has come across well on the Accy side. Hopefully they can come to an agreement this evening or early tomorrow morning so both clubs can move forwards, and I think that will be the remit set by their respective chairmen.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

The only possible issue Heys may have is he thought it would be a "a very long process" on twitter, so he might keep dropping his pen while looking at the clock!

Coleman compensation on 21:01 - Jan 23 with 633 viewsTVOS1907

Coleman compensation on 20:55 - Jan 23 by 442Dale

The only possible issue Heys may have is he thought it would be a "a very long process" on twitter, so he might keep dropping his pen while looking at the clock!

Shame Eric Whalley isn't still at Accy.

This could have been an episode of that TV series about them.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Coleman compensation on 21:22 - Jan 23 with 480 viewsSuddenLad

Depending on when the interview took place, (and at what stage during the 'negotiation process') things may have moved on apace, even since then. I don't foresee anything that is likely to complicate the move.

It all seems very amicable, so I'd expect the new boss to be putting the Dale players through their paces tomorrow.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024