Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We have become a vile set of supporters 18:11 - Dec 13 with 4784 viewsRAFC1907

Thats all there is to it.

The way we are slating our manager and players on here when things are not going right is bang out of order. We finished 8th last season, our highest ever finish. Short term memory for some.....

At a time like this we should be creating a much more positive atmosphere and getting behind the players from start to finish.

Did any of you attend Rochdale in the Barrow years? We have no divine right to win every football match, and not every match we play will be all about playing teams off the park. 9 times out of 10 its about out working the opposition.

If the players where not putting in the miles fair enough, but they are doing and theres no way any of them will be pleased with the recent losses.

There is nothing wrong with expectation, but look at the likes of Bournemouth, get behind your team and see where they can take you.

Poll: Bottomley...

We have become a vile set of supporters on 18:14 - Dec 13 with 3645 viewsfitzochris

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxim_Demin

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

We have become a vile set of supporters on 18:26 - Dec 13 with 3601 viewsJimmyRustler

Is that you Flickers?
We have become a vile set of supporters on 18:28 - Dec 13 with 3596 viewsdalestats

Being bankrolled by a Russian Billionaire also helps

Poll: Remain in the eu

We have become a vile set of supporters on 18:33 - Dec 13 with 3577 viewsTalkingSutty

It sounds like we played ok yesterday, not agreeing with the managers versions of events isn't a criminal offence and shouldn't be confused with not supporting the team. Wigan haven't proved to be the footballing powerhouse Hilly would have us believe, Burton, Barnsley and Blackpool will tell you that. Hilly put them on a pedestal which gave everybody a excuse before a ball was kicked. He used to have no fear, what's happened?

Accepting second best against lower division football teams shows signs of weakness. Some of the recent performances have been flat and lacking in motivation. Do supporters not have the right to voice their concerns? The more the manager comes out with rubbish, the more supporters will put him straight. Dale fans have seen it all ( plenty before Barrow) and know fanny when they hear it being spouted. Supporting the team comes before massaging the managers ego, so not agreeing with his comments means nothing at all.
We have become a vile set of supporters on 18:34 - Dec 13 with 3575 views1mark1

Yes we must all be vile, paying money watching our team, many for 20, 30, 40, 50 even 60 years.

I think anyone calling fellow Dale fans "vile" is the one that is vile, and that's a very calm response to what you really deserve.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

We have become a vile set of supporters on 18:35 - Dec 13 with 3566 viewsNDGN82

I disagree that we're a vile set of supporters!

We're not expecting too much. All anyone expects is that we play our best team (which includes Eastham at centre half) and sign a striker. Even a blind man can see that's our problem.

We're 2 players short of being a very very good side, even for league one, and one of those sits on our bench every week (Eastham), which leaves one more player to complete the jigsaw! A STRIKER!!
We have become a vile set of supporters on 18:42 - Dec 13 with 3534 viewssince58

the barrow years,many of us attended spotland before we,d even heard of graham barrow.fook off.
We have become a vile set of supporters on 18:45 - Dec 13 with 3526 viewsTalkingSutty

We have become a vile set of supporters on 18:35 - Dec 13 by NDGN82

We're not expecting too much. All anyone expects is that we play our best team (which includes Eastham at centre half) and sign a striker. Even a blind man can see that's our problem.

We're 2 players short of being a very very good side, even for league one, and one of those sits on our bench every week (Eastham), which leaves one more player to complete the jigsaw! A STRIKER!!

Vile is a terrible description, how can somebody support a club like Rochdale and be described as a vile supporter? I don't think we are the best supporters in the land by a long chalk but that's mainly due to the lack of numbers.

Our vocal support at home is pretty poor but if the singers all congregated behind one goal rather than being split around the ground, the atmosphere would jump markedly. I can't think of any other set of home supporters who do this, coupled with the fact our attendances are so low it's no wonder we struggle to make a noise.

We could all just happy clap every performance and never disagree with the manager but what sort of supporters would that make us....compliant and sad with no backbone?

[Post edited 13 Dec 2015 18:51]
Login to get fewer ads

We have become a vile set of supporters on 18:45 - Dec 13 with 3523 views1mark1

We have become a vile set of supporters on 18:42 - Dec 13 by since58

the barrow years,many of us attended spotland before we,d even heard of graham barrow.fook off.

Agree, but why have you given a thumbs up to the OP?

We have become a vile set of supporters on 18:51 - Dec 13 with 3500 viewssince58

yeah sorry pressed the wrong one .
We have become a vile set of supporters on 18:54 - Dec 13 with 3487 views1mark1

We have become a vile set of supporters on 18:51 - Dec 13 by since58

yeah sorry pressed the wrong one .

Thought so.

If you click on the down button it will cancel out the up one. Might be able then to click it down.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2015 18:55]

We have become a vile set of supporters on 19:08 - Dec 13 with 3438 viewsfunkkk

I think we can all accept defeats, they're what many Dale fans were brought up on. 99% of the recent criticism on here has been fair. KH is our most successful manager ever but he isn't bigger than the club despite what he may think.

I'm all for being realistic with regards to where we should be but watching Dale/football is a f*cking rip off and we are awful to watch at the moment.
We have become a vile set of supporters on 19:36 - Dec 13 with 3359 viewsLuke8686

We have become a vile set of supporters on 18:45 - Dec 13 by TalkingSutty

Vile is a terrible description, how can somebody support a club like Rochdale and be described as a vile supporter? I don't think we are the best supporters in the land by a long chalk but that's mainly due to the lack of numbers.

Our vocal support at home is pretty poor but if the singers all congregated behind one goal rather than being split around the ground, the atmosphere would jump markedly. I can't think of any other set of home supporters who do this, coupled with the fact our attendances are so low it's no wonder we struggle to make a noise.

We could all just happy clap every performance and never disagree with the manager but what sort of supporters would that make us....compliant and sad with no backbone?

If only we had a 1000 or so more supporters we could make the Pearl Street our away end and have all the vocal supporters in the Sandy Lane and open up Willbutts Lane to home support.

This won't happen until we get some serious investment in the club or first off at least own the ground!!
We have become a vile set of supporters on 19:44 - Dec 13 with 3337 viewsBartRowou

We have become a vile set of supporters on 18:45 - Dec 13 by TalkingSutty

I've been thinking about the atmosphere at Spotland. I got in early against Burty and spent a good while thinking about how we could improve it.

1. The music thing has been done to death, I know. We have to accept that the p.a. is there to appeal to indie fans and visiting supporters so there's no chance of him playing music that might generate an atmosphere e.g. at about 2.45, play the music that the chants are based on so that those chants could be heard as the players come out. This is a bad idea and must not be considered because it's not cool to play any form of music that isn't generic indie.

2. Where are our ultras? Accy have them and their support is smaller than ours. Latics have them too and they're still singing their hearts out despite weeks of woeful performances. Forest have set up a singing zone in their Bridgford stand and they fill the ground with noise.
My singing days are long gone but there must be 100 or so teenagers who regularly attend Spotland and who could be coralled into a corner of the Sandy or WMG with some flags and banners and enthusiasm.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

We have become a vile set of supporters on 19:52 - Dec 13 with 3312 viewsMancDale

We have become a vile set of supporters on 18:35 - Dec 13 by NDGN82

But what is our best team? I'm not sure anyone actually knows. Why do people on here think they're better placed to choose than the management team that sees the players in training every day? Eastham played pretty much every game last season and we conceded nearly 70 goals! He's clearly not the answer.

I agree we need to sign a striker but even then we're miles away from being a very good side. None of our players seem capable of playing well for even two games in a row. It might be boring but staying up this season will be a massive achievement. Hoping for more is fine but expecting us to get promoted and throwing the toys out of the pram when we don't just makes us as a set of fans look ridiculous.
We have become a vile set of supporters on 20:22 - Dec 13 with 3208 viewssince58

most of the fans are realistic and don't expect promotion,but for ffs they wont pay there hard earned cash to be bored.
We have become a vile set of supporters on 20:35 - Dec 13 with 3159 viewsroccydaleian

We have become a vile set of supporters on 19:52 - Dec 13 by MancDale

But what is our best team? I'm not sure anyone actually knows. Why do people on here think they're better placed to choose than the management team that sees the players in training every day? Eastham played pretty much every game last season and we conceded nearly 70 goals! He's clearly not the answer.

I agree we need to sign a striker but even then we're miles away from being a very good side. None of our players seem capable of playing well for even two games in a row. It might be boring but staying up this season will be a massive achievement. Hoping for more is fine but expecting us to get promoted and throwing the toys out of the pram when we don't just makes us as a set of fans look ridiculous.

Don't think anyone's saying Eastham is the answer, just that he's probably a better alternative to Lancashire who's been poor this season, and Eastham has definitely not had a fair crack at the whip.
Yes, this season has obviously been not great so far, but don't think staying up is a massive achievement there seems to be quite a few teams knocking about that are poor. I also don't know anyone who was expecting promotion this season.
We have become a vile set of supporters on 20:36 - Dec 13 with 3157 viewsMancDale

We have become a vile set of supporters on 20:22 - Dec 13 by since58

most of the fans are realistic and don't expect promotion,but for ffs they wont pay there hard earned cash to be bored.

We could be winning every game playing amazing football and we'd still get crap crowds. Some fans will always find an excuse not to come.
We have become a vile set of supporters on 20:43 - Dec 13 with 3134 viewssince58

We have become a vile set of supporters on 20:36 - Dec 13 by MancDale

We could be winning every game playing amazing football and we'd still get crap crowds. Some fans will always find an excuse not to come.

im talking hardcore fans who are bored they don't need an excuse not to come.
We have become a vile set of supporters on 20:46 - Dec 13 with 3128 views49thseason

I can't see what all the bother is about on here personally.
Last season we ended up on 63 points so far we have got 27 from21 games which would put us on 59 - 60 points by the end of the season.
To date, we have played 12 times against teams above us and 9 against teams below us and only 4 games against the bottom 6 teams. Swindon was the first team below us to beat us home or away. If the fixture list had been kinder we may well be on 30 points already and on target for 65+ points.
There are currently 9 teams who have won 7 or 8 matches including Dale. There are 7 teams that have won fewer than 7 games and 8 that have won 9 or more.
We are averaging 2 points a game from the 10 teams below us.
Bearing in mind the number of youngsters we have in the squad and on the pitch, reaching the end of the season in mid-table without spending money on transfers will be a fantastic achievement which will enable the club to purchase the ground and build an academy facility at Bowlee, hopefully followed by a first team training facility at the same venue. We might not be seeing the prettiest of football being played, but it is getting the job done.
We have become a vile set of supporters on 20:47 - Dec 13 with 3125 viewsrochdaleriddler

We have become a vile set of supporters on 18:33 - Dec 13 by TalkingSutty

It sounds like we played ok yesterday, not agreeing with the managers versions of events isn't a criminal offence and shouldn't be confused with not supporting the team. Wigan haven't proved to be the footballing powerhouse Hilly would have us believe, Burton, Barnsley and Blackpool will tell you that. Hilly put them on a pedestal which gave everybody a excuse before a ball was kicked. He used to have no fear, what's happened?

Accepting second best against lower division football teams shows signs of weakness. Some of the recent performances have been flat and lacking in motivation. Do supporters not have the right to voice their concerns? The more the manager comes out with rubbish, the more supporters will put him straight. Dale fans have seen it all ( plenty before Barrow) and know fanny when they hear it being spouted. Supporting the team comes before massaging the managers ego, so not agreeing with his comments means nothing at all.

well said

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

We have become a vile set of supporters on 20:57 - Dec 13 with 3083 viewsrochdaleriddler

We have become a vile set of supporters on 20:46 - Dec 13 by 49thseason

Last season we ended up on 63 points so far we have got 27 from21 games which would put us on 59 - 60 points by the end of the season.
To date, we have played 12 times against teams above us and 9 against teams below us and only 4 games against the bottom 6 teams. Swindon was the first team below us to beat us home or away. If the fixture list had been kinder we may well be on 30 points already and on target for 65+ points.
There are currently 9 teams who have won 7 or 8 matches including Dale. There are 7 teams that have won fewer than 7 games and 8 that have won 9 or more.
Bearing in mind the number of youngsters we have in the squad and on the pitch, reaching the end of the season in mid-table without spending money on transfers will be a fantastic achievement which will enable the club to purchase the ground and build an academy facility at Bowlee, hopefully followed by a first team training facility at the same venue. We might not be seeing the prettiest of football being played, but it is getting the job done.

we had the money to buy the ground ages ago, be good if the club actually said what the plan is, then we might understand. I wont comment further on that, because I'm just a fan, and know nothing- the people that need to know, know already apparently.

The place needs a lift, everyone expects dullness, and mostly that's what we get. Ive given up on away games, cant justify the expense, when I get home feeling so down.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

We have become a vile set of supporters on 21:29 - Dec 13 with 3010 viewsTVOS1907

We have become a vile set of supporters on 20:46 - Dec 13 by 49thseason

What do you mean by 'If the fixture list had been kinder'? Don't we all play the same teams?

One of your '12 teams above us' was Peterborough on alphabetical order.

And every time we drop a place in the table, it means there is another team above us, by virtue of us having lost or drawn!

I agree and understand where you are coming from with some of your statistics, but as with all statistics, they need putting into context.

The bottom line is we aren't playing very well at the moment and haven't for the majority of the season. Our results show that.

However, given the congested mid-table, we aren't significantly different to every team from, say, Port Vale down to Chesterfield and how the season goes from here will be determined by what happens in the next six weeks.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

We have become a vile set of supporters on 21:33 - Dec 13 with 2999 views49thseason

We have become a vile set of supporters on 20:57 - Dec 13 by rochdaleriddler

we had the money to buy the ground ages ago, be good if the club actually said what the plan is, then we might understand. I wont comment further on that, because I'm just a fan, and know nothing- the people that need to know, know already apparently.

The place needs a lift, everyone expects dullness, and mostly that's what we get. Ive given up on away games, cant justify the expense, when I get home feeling so down.

I don't blame anyone for not doing away games, in fact, I am continually surprised how many do bother. If the money spent on travelling away was spent at the club, we would be much better off.
The ground purchase is taking a while but I suspect there are other elements that have not been mentioned such as perhaps switching the debt from the stadium to a lease on Bowlee and trying to get the FA to cough up for an artificial surface at Bowlee (which a cat3 Academy needs to have, I understand) at the same time. It's also possible that some of the council financial "stuff" might have to be done after April 2016. I think everyone wants to do the deal and clearly there is a considerable investment by the club that will be needed. I guess we will have to be patient.
We have become a vile set of supporters on 21:58 - Dec 13 with 2951 viewsTVOS1907

We have become a vile set of supporters on 21:33 - Dec 13 by 49thseason

I don't blame anyone for not doing away games, in fact, I am continually surprised how many do bother. If the money spent on travelling away was spent at the club, we would be much better off.
The ground purchase is taking a while but I suspect there are other elements that have not been mentioned such as perhaps switching the debt from the stadium to a lease on Bowlee and trying to get the FA to cough up for an artificial surface at Bowlee (which a cat3 Academy needs to have, I understand) at the same time. It's also possible that some of the council financial "stuff" might have to be done after April 2016. I think everyone wants to do the deal and clearly there is a considerable investment by the club that will be needed. I guess we will have to be patient.

To be fair, the majority of people who do away games also spend a lot of money (and time) at the club as well.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024