Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky 13:45 - Dec 15 with 2123 viewsBigKindo

It has been announced that Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox is to take over the 61% of Sky that they do not already own. What will this mean? Well one guarantee is that there won't be any reduction in their subscription rates. Expect there to be increases.
Sky on 13:57 - Dec 15 with 2089 views49thseason

Why? Are Virgin, BT, Talk Talk etc. going out of business?
Sky on 13:59 - Dec 15 with 2082 viewsBrighouseDale

I get a reduction on my subscription every 12 months, just tell them I'm going to cancel.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Sky on 15:11 - Dec 15 with 1954 viewselectricblue

Sky on 13:59 - Dec 15 by BrighouseDale

I get a reduction on my subscription every 12 months, just tell them I'm going to cancel.

Glad that worked for you as for me it didnt so i told them to shove it...
Anyway we just had virgin media contractors laying pipework for fibre....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Sky on 15:20 - Dec 15 with 1931 viewsjimmysbaldhead

Sky on 13:59 - Dec 15 by BrighouseDale

Yep did that myself this year when Sky put their prices up. Called them, said it wasn't on as they had lost the Champions league which meant I had to now buy BT sport so I might as well get Virgin. They couldn't reduce the price quick enough.
Just to add I haven't bought BT sport as can't be arsed with the CL anymore....not missed it.
Sky on 15:37 - Dec 15 with 1900 viewsMoonyDale

I did the same, I was paying over 80 quid a month and was going to cancel after my contract ran out. I now pay under 40 quid for the next 15 months then 55 for 3 months, it will then be cancel time again.......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Sky on 15:57 - Dec 15 with 1852 viewsnordenblue

Sky on 15:37 - Dec 15 by MoonyDale

I did the same, I was paying over 80 quid a month and was going to cancel after my contract ran out. I now pay under 40 quid for the next 15 months then 55 for 3 months, it will then be cancel time again.......

Just buy a dodgy box for about 100 quid and hey presto 12 months free for everything then 40 quid a year there after to upgrade the software...

Having previously bought a fire stick for £29.99 the endless amounts of stand up,box sets,etc is quality and an endless supply of stuff for the doris.....
Sky on 16:18 - Dec 15 with 1795 viewsJumeirahDale

Almost a $2.5bn discount for Fox / Murdoch at the latest GBP/USD rates compared to what they would have had to pay pre-Brexit. Bet he's bloody grateful all those newspapers were so pro-leave isn't he. Worked out quite well for him.
Sky on 16:36 - Dec 15 with 1750 viewsMoonyDale

Sky on 15:57 - Dec 15 by nordenblue

Just buy a dodgy box for about 100 quid and hey presto 12 months free for everything then 40 quid a year there after to upgrade the software...

Having previously bought a fire stick for £29.99 the endless amounts of stand up,box sets,etc is quality and an endless supply of stuff for the doris.....

I use Mobdro on my android tablet and that gets me everything Sky puts out, plus so much more . I really only use the broadband for downloading and streaming , was looking at the dodgy boxes but unsure of the best one to go for.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Login to get fewer ads

Sky on 17:20 - Dec 15 with 1700 viewsrafc1984

Sky on 16:36 - Dec 15 by MoonyDale

I use Mobdro on my android tablet and that gets me everything Sky puts out, plus so much more . I really only use the broadband for downloading and streaming , was looking at the dodgy boxes but unsure of the best one to go for.

Get a kodi box off eBay, a decent "jail broken" one will set you back around £35. Hey presto you've got everything you want.
TV wise it's the best value for money item I've ever bought, if it broke tomorrow I'd replace it in a heartbeat.
Sky on 18:12 - Dec 15 with 1621 viewsnordenblue

Sky on 16:36 - Dec 15 by MoonyDale

A friend of mine is very much into them,you do need a sky dish and a box to receive,but unlike the kodi where you "stream" the programs which can lead to a lag and buffering the box is instant and is as good as actual Sky for viewing quality.
Agree with Kodi for pre recorded stuff it's possibly the best value for money thing Ive ever spent buying an amazon fire stick for 30 quid
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024