Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newport Programme 15:28 - Dec 14 with 4216 viewsBillyRudd

Hi,
Can anyone confirm that for the postponed 25th January 1969 fixture (promotion season) away at Newport, no programmes exist as none where actually printed. The tie was subsequently played on the 10th February.
I have been seeking this programme for awhile now but I am now being told I have been on a fools errand. Would appreciate confirmation of this from any of the experts out there. Thanks in advance. UTD.
Newport Programme on 19:21 - Dec 14 with 4089 views100569

I can confirm no programme for that game
Newport Programme on 19:58 - Dec 14 with 4053 viewsBillyRudd

Thanks for that 100569. It has saved me a lot of frustration. Guessed it was the case when there was,nt an avalanche of posts saying they had a copy.
100569. I like your username. A day to remember.
Newport Programme on 09:51 - Dec 15 with 3885 viewsmingthemerciless

Newport Programme on 19:58 - Dec 14 by BillyRudd

Thanks for that 100569. It has saved me a lot of frustration. Guessed it was the case when there was,nt an avalanche of posts saying they had a copy.

I was there. Slapped Big Reg on the back during the post match pitch invasion. It was like slapping a tree !
Newport Programme on 20:09 - Dec 15 with 3780 views100569

Newport Programme on 19:58 - Dec 14 by BillyRudd

As with your username. A midfielder to remember !
Newport Programme on 21:25 - Dec 15 with 3741 viewsBillyRudd

100569 Please can I ask if you know what the situation is regarding the programmes for the two Halifax postponements of 22nd February (HOME) and the 18th March (AWAY)
Much obliged if yourself or anyone can confirm their existence. Thanks in advance.
Yes Ming he was a strapping lad for sure. Mind you in those days you only usually got a booking if blood was drawn. Different game. Never had the chance to speak to Reg personally but I,m led to believe he was a true gentleman .Only remember it as a happy day the 10th, but in truth there was a lot of tension because the defeat on the 8th at the Shay meant we needed a win to be certain of going up..
One vivid memory I have is of being on a coach going to the Halifax away match and from the Moorcock pub there was a practically unbroken line of coaches (mainly Yelloway) snaking up the hill to the Whitehouse. I still keep an eye out for Halifax as would like to see them back in the league one day.
Newport Programme on 22:20 - Dec 15 with 3691 viewsmingthemerciless

Newport Programme on 21:25 - Dec 15 by BillyRudd

100569 Please can I ask if you know what the situation is regarding the programmes for the two Halifax postponements of 22nd February (HOME) and the 18th March (AWAY)
Much obliged if yourself or anyone can confirm their existence. Thanks in advance.
Yes Ming he was a strapping lad for sure. Mind you in those days you only usually got a booking if blood was drawn. Different game. Never had the chance to speak to Reg personally but I,m led to believe he was a true gentleman .Only remember it as a happy day the 10th, but in truth there was a lot of tension because the defeat on the 8th at the Shay meant we needed a win to be certain of going up..
One vivid memory I have is of being on a coach going to the Halifax away match and from the Moorcock pub there was a practically unbroken line of coaches (mainly Yelloway) snaking up the hill to the Whitehouse. I still keep an eye out for Halifax as would like to see them back in the league one day.

I went over to Halifax on the train. No problems at all. The game was pretty dull to be honest, the sort of game you knew that was always going to be settled by one goal. We never really got going, the small pitch didn't suit our passing game.

17,186 on The Shay that night.
Newport Programme on 01:22 - Dec 16 with 3628 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

I've got the 22nd Feb v Halifax listed in my collection and also an entry for 30th April when the game was played.

I denote postponements by date and highlight in red if I don't have (or cannot see in existence) a copy of a programme. With the 22nd Feb entry not being listed in red...unless I've not been as meticulous as I should be....there are two programmes.

Only one record in my list for the Halifax (A) game which was played 8th May.

Unfortunately, I'm based several thousand miles away from my collection. I'll ask for help from home to check I definitely have 2 different copies for the home game.
Newport Programme on 08:10 - Dec 16 with 3572 viewsRegJenkinsBoot

There was definitely a programme for the 22/2/69 postponement at Home to Halifax (I'm fortunate enough to have a copy myself), but I have never seen a programme for the first postponement at Halifax (which doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't exist).

Reg was an absolute gentleman . He was kind enough to provide a foreword for my book and did a signing session in the Club Shop in 2003 - the queue, I'm told, snaked through the shop, out past the turnstiles and along Wilbutts Lane. People were still getting his autograph at 15:05 after the match had kicked off!! He was also in great form at the Centenary Dinner.
Login to get fewer ads

Newport Programme on 09:04 - Dec 16 with 3545 viewsmingthemerciless

Newport Programme on 08:10 - Dec 16 by RegJenkinsBoot

There was definitely a programme for the 22/2/69 postponement at Home to Halifax (I'm fortunate enough to have a copy myself), but I have never seen a programme for the first postponement at Halifax (which doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't exist).

Reg was an absolute gentleman . He was kind enough to provide a foreword for my book and did a signing session in the Club Shop in 2003 - the queue, I'm told, snaked through the shop, out past the turnstiles and along Wilbutts Lane. People were still getting his autograph at 15:05 after the match had kicked off!! He was also in great form at the Centenary Dinner.

Given the fee we paid for him he must have been the 'Dales best ever signing. I remember many of " Reg's Rockets " but one direct free kick from about 40 yards out at Bolton will stay with me for ever. No bend or swerve, just hit with the laces and straight as an arrow into the far top corner. The goalie didn't even see it until it went past him.
Newport Programme on 19:15 - Dec 16 with 3444 viewsBillyRudd

Newport Programme on 01:22 - Dec 16 by Albert_Whitehurst

I've got the 22nd Feb v Halifax listed in my collection and also an entry for 30th April when the game was played.

I denote postponements by date and highlight in red if I don't have (or cannot see in existence) a copy of a programme. With the 22nd Feb entry not being listed in red...unless I've not been as meticulous as I should be....there are two programmes.

Only one record in my list for the Halifax (A) game which was played 8th May.

Unfortunately, I'm based several thousand miles away from my collection. I'll ask for help from home to check I definitely have 2 different copies for the home game.

Thanks for your help with this Albert. I have now had it confirmed that the 22nd Feb programme exists so please don,t go to any further trouble on that score.
Regarding the 8th May away game, on my list that is a rearranged game from a postponement on March 18th. Thanks again for helping me.
Newport Programme on 19:32 - Dec 16 with 3418 viewsBillyRudd

Newport Programme on 08:10 - Dec 16 by RegJenkinsBoot

Thanks for your reply RegJenkins and confirming the existence of the 22/2/69 programme. At least I know I,m not wasting my time trying to track down a copy.
Which just leaves the question of the March 18th Halifax away postponement. If anyone can confirm its existence I would be grateful. Thanks again RegJenkins, both username and namesake.
One thing that really strikes you looking back at the 68/69 season is the miniscule number of players used. The team other than injuries was more a less a given. Probably why even now, anyone from that era can reel off the team names.
Nowadays you need a mainframe computer to remember all the comings and goings of players.
Newport Programme on 20:51 - Dec 16 with 3385 views100569

Newport Programme on 19:32 - Dec 16 by BillyRudd

Thanks for your reply RegJenkins and confirming the existence of the 22/2/69 programme. At least I know I,m not wasting my time trying to track down a copy.
Which just leaves the question of the March 18th Halifax away postponement. If anyone can confirm its existence I would be grateful. Thanks again RegJenkins, both username and namesake.
One thing that really strikes you looking back at the 68/69 season is the miniscule number of players used. The team other than injuries was more a less a given. Probably why even now, anyone from that era can reel off the team names.
Nowadays you need a mainframe computer to remember all the comings and goings of players.

Nothing for 18th March. Heres a list of programmes that exist for postponed games that season.

14.12.68 Darlington Home
28.12.68 Southend United Home
08.02.69 Wrexham Home
15.02.69 Notts County Away
22.02.69 Halifax Town Home
31.03.69 Southend United Home

Hope this helps BR and anybody else out there.
Newport Programme on 22:01 - Dec 16 with 3356 viewsRAFC1970

Newport Programme on 20:51 - Dec 16 by 100569

Nothing for 18th March. Heres a list of programmes that exist for postponed games that season.

14.12.68 Darlington Home
08.02.69 Wrexham Home

Great info for the 68-69 season postponed programmes..
Anybody got a list for other season's postponed programmes??
also Friendlys & Lancs Cup games
Newport Programme on 22:13 - Dec 16 with 3347 views100569

Newport Programme on 22:01 - Dec 16 by RAFC1970

Great info for the 68-69 season postponed programmes..
Anybody got a list for other season's postponed programmes??
also Friendlys & Lancs Cup games

Just let me know what you want.
Newport Programme on 22:32 - Dec 16 with 3338 viewsRAFC1970

Hi 100569
From the 68/69 season I still need the Halifax home 22/2/69 that's now on my list..
What about Oldham away Rose bowl & Lancs Cup 68/69
There are loads on my list that i need friendlys & Lancs Cup all the way back to the 46/47 upto 93/94 season
Newport Programme on 09:13 - Dec 17 with 3255 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

14.12.68 Darlington Home
08.02.69 Wrexham Home

Based on this, I'm short of the Darlo and Southend home postponed game programmes for a full set.

Cheers 100569.
Newport Programme on 10:02 - Dec 17 with 3228 viewssoulboy

Newport Programme on 22:20 - Dec 15 by mingthemerciless

I went over to Halifax on the train. No problems at all. The game was pretty dull to be honest, the sort of game you knew that was always going to be settled by one goal. We never really got going, the small pitch didn't suit our passing game.

17,186 on The Shay that night.

I agree, it was a poor game, very tense. We went by car and despite getting in the Shay about 645, my dad and his mate decided it would be a good idea to stand at the top of the shale slope but by kick off time it was a real struggle to see much of the pitch! I was always under the impression the crowd was just over 18000, but even if it was 17000+, its unbelievable that over 30000 watched the two games.
As a different post says, the line of coaches stretching from Littleborough up Blackstone Edge is something that ill never forget. The drive home was almost in total silence, but 48 hours later on that muggy afternoon, 9000 fans were in paradise!
Newport Programme on 10:10 - Dec 17 with 3223 viewsmingthemerciless

Newport Programme on 10:02 - Dec 17 by soulboy

I agree, it was a poor game, very tense. We went by car and despite getting in the Shay about 645, my dad and his mate decided it would be a good idea to stand at the top of the shale slope but by kick off time it was a real struggle to see much of the pitch! I was always under the impression the crowd was just over 18000, but even if it was 17000+, its unbelievable that over 30000 watched the two games.
As a different post says, the line of coaches stretching from Littleborough up Blackstone Edge is something that ill never forget. The drive home was almost in total silence, but 48 hours later on that muggy afternoon, 9000 fans were in paradise!

I used to have the LP that is your avatar. Great music. My ex-wife got it when we divorced.
Newport Programme on 10:27 - Dec 17 with 3213 viewssoulboy

Newport Programme on 10:10 - Dec 17 by mingthemerciless

I used to have the LP that is your avatar. Great music. My ex-wife got it when we divorced.

It is, and im amazed someone on here recognises it! Sadly i made the worst decision of my life (apart from meeting ex girlfriend!) by being talked into selling the majority of my collection in 2004, the rest was actually stolen by someone in her family and sold to a record shop in Rochdale (who i took to a civil court but lost as i didnt have the evidence to prove they were my records!!.) The LP in question was one, along with their Young Mods Forgotten Story LP, together with other legendary LPS by Linda Jones, Artistics, Ambassadors, Bobby Patterson, Ebonys etc etc.
Newport Programme on 11:08 - Dec 17 with 3196 viewsmingthemerciless

Newport Programme on 10:27 - Dec 17 by soulboy

It is, and im amazed someone on here recognises it! Sadly i made the worst decision of my life (apart from meeting ex girlfriend!) by being talked into selling the majority of my collection in 2004, the rest was actually stolen by someone in her family and sold to a record shop in Rochdale (who i took to a civil court but lost as i didnt have the evidence to prove they were my records!!.) The LP in question was one, along with their Young Mods Forgotten Story LP, together with other legendary LPS by Linda Jones, Artistics, Ambassadors, Bobby Patterson, Ebonys etc etc.

When we finally ended up in court the judge gave me the privilege of buying my own record collection back off her ! I couldn't afford it at the time so that was that. CD's were getting popular at the time so I replaced lots of the stuff with CD's but it's not the same.

When people say women get a raw deal in divorces I could spew up.

Sorry to hijack this thread.
Newport Programme on 12:45 - Dec 17 with 3168 viewsBillyRudd

14.12.68 Darlington Home
08.02.69 Wrexham Home

Much appreciate your information and time on this 100569. Thanks. UTD
Newport Programme on 10:49 - Jan 7 with 2917 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

For the collectors there is a Rochdale AFC memorabilia collectors Facebook page. Have a look to join if you're interested to discuss and share Dale memorabilia info.
Newport Programme on 06:19 - Jan 11 with 2761 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Notts-County-v-Rochdale-

From the postponed County game if anyone needs.
Newport Programme on 08:52 - Jan 11 with 2698 viewsRespectTheChemistry

Newport Programme on 10:02 - Dec 17 by soulboy

Would loved to have seen that. We took a good convoy to Wolves for the FA Cup game but that sounds like a whole other level.

Does anyone have any photos?
[Post edited 11 Jan 2017 9:01]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024