Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There is always hope 19:32 - Jan 1 with 5581 viewspioneer

Hey, Buffalo Bills make the NFL play offs so miracles do happen. The last major league team in noth america to reach the play offs this century!

Lets go Buff-a-lo!

Up the dale!
There is always hope on 15:34 - Jan 2 with 5463 viewsUSADale

Being a Patriots season ticket holder I hate all things Buffalo. Especially the city itself its an absolute dump and like going back in time....decent wings at the Anchor bar though.
There is always hope on 17:33 - Jan 2 with 5373 viewsisitme

The Browns making the play offs would be a miracle. It was great seeing a great servant like Kyle running the ball this weekend.
There is always hope on 18:07 - Jan 2 with 5347 viewsNigeriamark

There is always hope on 17:33 - Jan 2 by isitme

The Browns making the play offs would be a miracle. It was great seeing a great servant like Kyle running the ball this weekend.

Very unlucky to lose every game and are certainly better than last season when they won one. A good draft and some QB help and I predict 8-8 next season
There is always hope on 05:06 - Jan 3 with 5250 viewspioneer

There is always hope on 15:34 - Jan 2 by USADale

Being a Patriots season ticket holder I hate all things Buffalo. Especially the city itself its an absolute dump and like going back in time....decent wings at the Anchor bar though.

You Pats fans are such lovely people...perhaps you should stick to deflating footballs and avoid taking over the Buffalo tourist board.

Its amazing how you can hate the bills so much given you have a guarenteed two wins against them for the last 15 years or so.
There is always hope on 10:27 - Jan 3 with 5187 viewsisitme

There is always hope on 18:07 - Jan 2 by Nigeriamark

Very unlucky to lose every game and are certainly better than last season when they won one. A good draft and some QB help and I predict 8-8 next season

They do have some good young players and lots of draft picks but they are crying out for a quarterback. They lack veteran leadership, apart from Thomas and need to find a way to keep their own free agents who at the moment can't get away quick enough.

Trade a second and third for Alex Smith, draft a quarterback in the first to sit for a season and learn. Splash some cash on experienced free agents like Jacksonville did lack season so that their young players can learn from them.
There is always hope on 11:23 - Jan 3 with 5143 viewspioneer

You can tell you are a long standing Dale fan.......something in the blood that means you can turn a 0-16 season into a positive! I think the Bills 'success' leaves the Browns with the longest play off drought now.

But buffalo could take over the longest drought in the NHL should the hurricane make the playoffsthis year.
There is always hope on 16:21 - Jan 3 with 5079 viewsDaleiLama

Well done on ending the drought Pioneer - even at the expense of a L to the Fins. 17 years. Drink that in and enjoy the run ..... though it may be short. I'll be watching Ritchie Incognito especially - we should never have let him go but had to.

Mark ....... what can I say ........ the Dale and the Browns - no one should have to endure that in one lifetime. I fancy our chances of staying up are better than you achieving parity next season though, no matter who you draft. The franchise is broken and needs someone to come in and fix it.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

There is always hope on 22:28 - Jan 3 with 5002 viewsNigeriamark

There is always hope on 16:21 - Jan 3 by DaleiLama

Well done on ending the drought Pioneer - even at the expense of a L to the Fins. 17 years. Drink that in and enjoy the run ..... though it may be short. I'll be watching Ritchie Incognito especially - we should never have let him go but had to.

Mark ....... what can I say ........ the Dale and the Browns - no one should have to endure that in one lifetime. I fancy our chances of staying up are better than you achieving parity next season though, no matter who you draft. The franchise is broken and needs someone to come in and fix it.

So Hilly to the browns then Sorted!!
Login to get fewer ads

There is always hope on 17:10 - Jan 4 with 4856 viewsDaleiLama

There is always hope on 22:28 - Jan 3 by Nigeriamark

So Hilly to the browns then Sorted!!

Terrific gesture from Bills fans. I didn't see it but it appears Dalton threw a last minute TD to put the Bills into the playoffs, so Bills fans have donated $17 each to Dalton's charity on line - a $/play-off drought year. So far $57k has been raised. I always thought Bills fans weren't that classy, but see them in a new light now.

There is always hope on 05:17 - Jan 5 with 4785 viewspioneer

There is always hope on 17:10 - Jan 4 by DaleiLama

Terrific gesture from Bills fans. I didn't see it but it appears Dalton threw a last minute TD to put the Bills into the playoffs, so Bills fans have donated $17 each to Dalton's charity on line - a $/play-off drought year. So far $57k has been raised. I always thought Bills fans weren't that classy, but see them in a new light now.

Yes a great gesture. I am in buffalo at the moment and although it is currently colder than the north pole the place is buzzing.

The sporting public of Buffalo are incredible and get a bad reputation because of the behaviour of a small number of drunken idiots occasionally.

The flew home from Miami after the game on new years even and there were crowds waiting to greet them at Buffalo airport in -20 degree temperatures.

My favourite (and cheapest) parking spot in downtown Buffalo is on Pearl Street...what dya know!
There is always hope on 20:03 - Jan 5 with 4653 viewsUSADale

There is always hope on 05:06 - Jan 3 by pioneer

You Pats fans are such lovely people...perhaps you should stick to deflating footballs and avoid taking over the Buffalo tourist board.

Its amazing how you can hate the bills so much given you have a guarenteed two wins against them for the last 15 years or so.

Ahh the old deflating thing, AKA the ideal gas law. Strange how since something so insignificant came to light TB12 has won 2 superbowls.
As for hating the Bill's I do see your point regarding the 2 wins, can't really put my finger on why I don't like them so much. When I first started watching the Pats they were utter shite and the Bills had just come off their 3rd SB appearance in 3 years. Probably comes from a division rival being so successful even though it's a while ago, a bit like they hate the Pats now.
Not sure why anyone would be on the Buffalo tourist board, it's hardly a place people want to visit. I do go on other teams forums before and after games just out of interest to see what's going on although I don't post I just read. Some of the shite on Two Bills Drive after the 1st game was laughable, people actually wanting to get the DA involved and pursue legal action Gronkowski, it really was pathetic.
Anyway I think you guys have decent chance this weekend against Jax, I wouldn't be surprised to see your team coming to NE next Saturday evening.
On a side note Pioneer, do you live in Buffalo, I assume you're originally from Rochdale?
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 20:11]
There is always hope on 20:10 - Jan 5 with 4644 viewsUSADale

The whole organization needs turning over from top down, they're stacked with many talented 1st and 2nd round players who can't play together and have had bad coaching. There has been some bad decisions over the years, the Johnny Manziel spectacle comes to mind!
There is always hope on 04:59 - Jan 6 with 4582 viewspioneer

There is always hope on 20:03 - Jan 5 by USADale

Ahh the old deflating thing, AKA the ideal gas law. Strange how since something so insignificant came to light TB12 has won 2 superbowls.
As for hating the Bill's I do see your point regarding the 2 wins, can't really put my finger on why I don't like them so much. When I first started watching the Pats they were utter shite and the Bills had just come off their 3rd SB appearance in 3 years. Probably comes from a division rival being so successful even though it's a while ago, a bit like they hate the Pats now.
Not sure why anyone would be on the Buffalo tourist board, it's hardly a place people want to visit. I do go on other teams forums before and after games just out of interest to see what's going on although I don't post I just read. Some of the shite on Two Bills Drive after the 1st game was laughable, people actually wanting to get the DA involved and pursue legal action Gronkowski, it really was pathetic.
Anyway I think you guys have decent chance this weekend against Jax, I wouldn't be surprised to see your team coming to NE next Saturday evening.
On a side note Pioneer, do you live in Buffalo, I assume you're originally from Rochdale?

No but I have frequent work trips that bring me to the area.

In town until tuesday then flying back to UK, weather permitting.
There is always hope on 06:34 - Jan 6 with 4569 viewsDaleiLama

There is always hope on 20:03 - Jan 5 by USADale

Cheating insignificant?

You'll be saying filming other teams practising is insignificant too. Not to mention having officiating crews making up a whole new chapter of rules to suit the required outcome of Patsies games. No disputing Brady's obvious ability or Belicheat's tactical nous but there are many reasons that the franchise you follow is the most loathed in football outside of Massachusettes

There is always hope on 15:28 - Jan 7 with 4486 viewsUSADale

There is always hope on 06:34 - Jan 6 by DaleiLama

Cheating insignificant?

You'll be saying filming other teams practising is insignificant too. Not to mention having officiating crews making up a whole new chapter of rules to suit the required outcome of Patsies games. No disputing Brady's obvious ability or Belicheat's tactical nous but there are many reasons that the franchise you follow is the most loathed in football outside of Massachusettes

I would love to know about filming other teams practicing, i'm aware of ESPN running an article from the Boston globe a few years ago that was recanted, and deemed an outright lie. If you know of anything else please do tell.
Officiating crews making up new rule? Once again please do tell, if you're regarding the TD turnovers with Pitt and Buffalo then it's in the rules of the game don't blame the Patriots for the NFL abiding to the rules they set out. The fact Big Ben and Tomlin don't know their arse from their elbow with a few seconds left on the clock is down to poor coaching and not being prepared, something you'll never see from the Patriots.
Minnesota a few years ago warming footballs in front of a heater (when they played in the college stadium) affecting the ideal gas law, San Diego a couple of years ago when receivers used stick um on their gloves. Both team got a slap on the wrists and fined a few thou because it's Minnesota and San Diego, no one really cares. The Patriots lose TB for 4 games for a lack of air in cold weather because "it's more probable than not that he was generally aware" (I mean how vague can you be, if he was involved they would not have been all over the place each ball would have been a specific psi, his preparation is meticulous) and the your claiming the NFL Officiating is on the side of the Patriots? You should have a look on line at NFL teams cheating, you'll see the Patriots misdemeanors are pretty far down the list, it's quite an eye opener.
I've been to quite a few Pats away games and can tell you true football fans appreciate what the Pats have done and what they have seen. You do get some bloody idiots who ramble on about cheating when they don't actually know the facts and numpties who refer to Belicheck as Belicheat once again not really understanding anything but ultimately it comes down to success breeding contempt. By far the most successful team in the past 2 decades, people hate us because of that and I'm OK with that ( I used to hate United when they were good too, now I more pity them). Ultimately the run is coming to an end and we'll be dethroned, I started watching them when they were crap and i'll continue should they become crap again. This post season maybe the last time we see the greatest ever coach and greatest ever QB together.
There is always hope on 15:58 - Jan 7 with 4453 viewspioneer

As i said ....such lovely people!
There is always hope on 15:59 - Jan 7 with 4450 viewswatford_dale

There is always hope on 15:28 - Jan 7 by USADale

I would love to know about filming other teams practicing, i'm aware of ESPN running an article from the Boston globe a few years ago that was recanted, and deemed an outright lie. If you know of anything else please do tell.
Officiating crews making up new rule? Once again please do tell, if you're regarding the TD turnovers with Pitt and Buffalo then it's in the rules of the game don't blame the Patriots for the NFL abiding to the rules they set out. The fact Big Ben and Tomlin don't know their arse from their elbow with a few seconds left on the clock is down to poor coaching and not being prepared, something you'll never see from the Patriots.
Minnesota a few years ago warming footballs in front of a heater (when they played in the college stadium) affecting the ideal gas law, San Diego a couple of years ago when receivers used stick um on their gloves. Both team got a slap on the wrists and fined a few thou because it's Minnesota and San Diego, no one really cares. The Patriots lose TB for 4 games for a lack of air in cold weather because "it's more probable than not that he was generally aware" (I mean how vague can you be, if he was involved they would not have been all over the place each ball would have been a specific psi, his preparation is meticulous) and the your claiming the NFL Officiating is on the side of the Patriots? You should have a look on line at NFL teams cheating, you'll see the Patriots misdemeanors are pretty far down the list, it's quite an eye opener.
I've been to quite a few Pats away games and can tell you true football fans appreciate what the Pats have done and what they have seen. You do get some bloody idiots who ramble on about cheating when they don't actually know the facts and numpties who refer to Belicheck as Belicheat once again not really understanding anything but ultimately it comes down to success breeding contempt. By far the most successful team in the past 2 decades, people hate us because of that and I'm OK with that ( I used to hate United when they were good too, now I more pity them). Ultimately the run is coming to an end and we'll be dethroned, I started watching them when they were crap and i'll continue should they become crap again. This post season maybe the last time we see the greatest ever coach and greatest ever QB together.

I think the reference was to the taping of the st louis rams practice ahead of their superbowl and then again when taping the Jets practice in 2007 (why?????????). The rest of it is pretty much done to create stories in this media driven age. The AFC should come down to Pats v Steelers (who should have a running game this time round) and Saints v Vikings.

Bills will depend heavily on how fit Lesean McCoy really is with the offense pretty much built round him and they should stand a good chance against the Jagwars. This should be a great defensive match up and if the Titans can win then so can the Bills.
There is always hope on 17:02 - Jan 7 with 4406 viewsDaleiLama

There is always hope on 15:28 - Jan 7 by USADale

There is always hope on 21:46 - Jan 7 with 4325 viewsDaleiLama

There is always hope on 05:17 - Jan 5 by pioneer

Yes a great gesture. I am in buffalo at the moment and although it is currently colder than the north pole the place is buzzing.

The sporting public of Buffalo are incredible and get a bad reputation because of the behaviour of a small number of drunken idiots occasionally.

The flew home from Miami after the game on new years even and there were crowds waiting to greet them at Buffalo airport in -20 degree temperatures.

My favourite (and cheapest) parking spot in downtown Buffalo is on Pearl Street...what dya know!

Commiserations Pioneer. The tackle by Anderson on 3rd and goal deserved to stop the Jags from scoring a TD, but a gutsy call to go for it and succeed. Tip of the cap to the (London?) Jags for that call and just edging it.

£345k raised by Bills fans for Dalton's foundation now. Classy.

There is always hope on 21:55 - Jan 7 with 4311 viewspioneer

There is always hope on 21:46 - Jan 7 by DaleiLama

Commiserations Pioneer. The tackle by Anderson on 3rd and goal deserved to stop the Jags from scoring a TD, but a gutsy call to go for it and succeed. Tip of the cap to the (London?) Jags for that call and just edging it.

£345k raised by Bills fans for Dalton's foundation now. Classy.

Yes, disappointing but not devastating. Got to use it as motivation to get better next season and aim for a home play off. Minus twenty in buffalo against a warm weather team would be perfect.
There is always hope on 16:48 - Jan 8 with 4205 viewsUSADale

There is always hope on 15:59 - Jan 7 by watford_dale

I think the reference was to the taping of the st louis rams practice ahead of their superbowl and then again when taping the Jets practice in 2007 (why?????????). The rest of it is pretty much done to create stories in this media driven age. The AFC should come down to Pats v Steelers (who should have a running game this time round) and Saints v Vikings.

Bills will depend heavily on how fit Lesean McCoy really is with the offense pretty much built round him and they should stand a good chance against the Jagwars. This should be a great defensive match up and if the Titans can win then so can the Bills.

Watford Dale yes the taping of the Rams practice was brought up by a Boston newspaper, ESPN then took the story and ran with it. When it turned out to be a load of crap the newspaper issued a front page apology, ESPN acknowledged it's mistake but didn't make a big deal about it given their hatred for the Patriots.
As for the Jets that was actually filming the opponents sideline from a specific location during the game (the Jets head coach was the ex defensive coordinator for NE who split the beans) . The filming of an opponents sideline is allowed from certain locations, all 32 teams do this assuming you do not use if for use during that actual game. A memo had been sent prior to that season reminding teams of certain locations you cannot film from. Belicheck basically ignored it which is what started the whole spygate. The Pats and Belicheck got the book thrown at them for giving a big F you to the league not for the actual act of filming. A lot of Pats fans (myself included) were pissed with with Belicheck and the whole process because it created a lot of attention and was basically needless, it was determined that no competitive edge was given and as with every other team they could have filmed from a different location.
We now live with the tag of cheaters when in actual fact no edge was gained and comparing the team numbers prior and post spygate, post spygate blows them away. A bit like the whole deflate thing, 2nd half of the AFC championship game using the same balls the Colts used Brady went to town and took them to the cleaners. Mush better performance than the first half with the balls that were questioned.

Anyway I agree with your final 4, shame about Wentz otherwise Philly could well have been going all the way.
There is always hope on 16:53 - Jan 8 with 4200 viewsUSADale

There is always hope on 21:55 - Jan 7 by pioneer

Yes, disappointing but not devastating. Got to use it as motivation to get better next season and aim for a home play off. Minus twenty in buffalo against a warm weather team would be perfect.

All bickering aside yes that was a ballsy call to go for it on 4th and 1. The Bills really need a QB next year, while Taylor is functional that mainly applies if they're in front, if they're behind he's not the guy that can bring you back. Kirk Cousins is a free agent, he might be a decent fit up there.
There is always hope on 18:38 - Jan 8 with 4163 viewsNigeriamark

There is always hope on 16:53 - Jan 8 by USADale

All bickering aside yes that was a ballsy call to go for it on 4th and 1. The Bills really need a QB next year, while Taylor is functional that mainly applies if they're in front, if they're behind he's not the guy that can bring you back. Kirk Cousins is a free agent, he might be a decent fit up there.

Looks as if the Chiefs starting QB Alex Smith may also become available if the right offer comes along. If there are 2 or 3 experienced QBs available then hopefully the Browns will get one ( Although it seems based on the last 15 years they don't see it as a key role !!). They say Kizer is the one for the future ( how many of those have they also said that in the last 15 years) but I don't see him being anything like ready for next year. Like the bills perhaps just get in someone who can do a good job for 2 or 3 years while they develop a youngster.
There is always hope on 18:44 - Jan 8 with 4154 viewsisitme

There is always hope on 18:38 - Jan 8 by Nigeriamark

Looks as if the Chiefs starting QB Alex Smith may also become available if the right offer comes along. If there are 2 or 3 experienced QBs available then hopefully the Browns will get one ( Although it seems based on the last 15 years they don't see it as a key role !!). They say Kizer is the one for the future ( how many of those have they also said that in the last 15 years) but I don't see him being anything like ready for next year. Like the bills perhaps just get in someone who can do a good job for 2 or 3 years while they develop a youngster.

Smith is available as the Chiefs wil go with Mahomes next year. Smith had a good year but Mahomes has a higher ceiling and is much cheaper. They could also do with a few more draft picks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024