Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Season So Far 20:54 - Sep 29 with 1826 viewsSwissdale

So with 10 games gone, I think it’s fair to say we have a decent idea of what end of the table we’ll be competing at come May. I think we’ll have enough to stay up, but only just.

We are leaking goals at the moment, from all areas. We haven’t been able to defend crosses for years, so no change there. None of the options at full-back look particularly solid, and only Hart seems to know how to whip a good ball into the box. McGahey aside the centre halves are poor on and off the ball.

Perkins return has been an anticlimax, and camps continues to get worse with every game. Rathbone is improving, and Cannon always impresses me when he’s on the pitch with hard work and attacking intent.

Take Henderson out of the team and our striking options are the worst they have been in 20 years. It’s just a good job Henderson is so bloody good - god forbid he gets injured!

Whilst we have added to the squad in summer, for me we’ve not brought in a single player who actually makes us stronger. Now we have a squad of about 18 similar players, arguably the only two who we look weaker without are Henderson and McGahey. The rest sort of fill in the gaps, with adequate cover for all.

I think that’s why Hill is struggling to pick a consistent team, they’re all just much of a muchness.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2018 20:56]
The Season So Far on 21:05 - Sep 29 with 1792 views442Dale

Your final line is the worry alluded to earlier. We’d have been better going with fewer players and turning to youth/January moves rather than that multiple options that are just rotated with little significant change (or not used and youth players completing the bench anyway).

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Season So Far on 21:14 - Sep 29 with 1755 viewsfitzochris

With the exception of Zach Clough, I would say the OP is right about our playing squad. It’s a shame really as Perkins and Wilbraham were supposed to bring the know how we were missing last season. It hasn’t benefited us so far.

Between fall-outs, people not trying in training and injuries, a bigger squad hasn’t served us much better than last season.

Still time for it all to click, of course, but I’m living in hope rather than expectation right now.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

The Season So Far on 21:20 - Sep 29 with 1724 views442Dale

It’s all done with hindsight of course, but really don’t understand why we resigned Inman and didn’t look to offload Ntlhe, Williams11 at least on loan. If all three were deemed worthy of being at the club they should be involved every week.

There are other examples(Finnerty), but it makes the head hurt thinking about it too much.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Season So Far on 21:27 - Sep 29 with 1699 viewsJimmyRustler

Does anyone know what's happened to Dooley?

As for the OP, I would add that Cannon should be a guaranteed starter because he's comfortably our best CM but it would seem that him and Hill don't see eye to eye and to be fair, from the outside looking in, it's not really much of a shock that KH's attitude leads to clashes/fallouts
[Post edited 29 Sep 2018 21:30]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024