Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Be interesting to see if any other clubs follow suit 16:49 - Aug 7 with 1755 viewsJames1980

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49251887

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Be interesting to see if any other clubs follow suit on 16:53 - Aug 7 with 1736 viewsKnowlesy

I like this. The ref will stop the game if the injury is serious. 75% of the time it's someone play acting to get an advantage and they get straight back up and the momentum is lost.

This is how it should be. Coming out and saying it gets rid of the ambiguity as well, and it's fair as they'll play on if their own player is down too.

I like this a lot.
Be interesting to see if any other clubs follow suit on 17:30 - Aug 7 with 1623 viewsrod_leach

I'm impressed with this. Leave it to the ref. There is no doubt that using injuries to get the opposition to kick the ball out has been used cynically many times
Be interesting to see if any other clubs follow suit on 17:40 - Aug 7 with 1587 viewsDaley_Lama

The correct instruction to players should be to only kick the ball out if they, a fellow team mate or coaching staff think it right to do so.

A simple ‘do not kick it out’ policy could leave an injured player who the ref believes is feigning.

As we all know, refs are not perfect 100% of the time.

Poll: DF in or out

Be interesting to see if any other clubs follow suit on 18:29 - Aug 7 with 1479 viewsboromat

I thought this had become the norm several years ago. Surprised it has to be said. It is better though for all the reasons already mentioned.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Be interesting to see if any other clubs follow suit on 21:07 - Aug 7 with 1264 viewssoulboy

Be interesting to see if any other clubs follow suit on 17:30 - Aug 7 by rod_leach

I'm impressed with this. Leave it to the ref. There is no doubt that using injuries to get the opposition to kick the ball out has been used cynically many times

I thought it was already up to the ref. Players will go on feigning injuries no matter what. However, one way of trying to put end to some of this, is, if a player goes down whether the injury is genuine or not and whether the trainer comes on the pitch or not, once fit to resume, the "injured" player should have to leave the pitch for the lenght of time he was " injured".
Be interesting to see if any other clubs follow suit on 21:26 - Aug 7 with 1221 viewsEllDale

Perhaps football could follow the example of rugby league where the physio is allowed onto the pitch immediately a player goes down without having to wait for permission from the referee?
Be interesting to see if any other clubs follow suit on 22:09 - Aug 7 with 1173 viewsnordenblue

Be interesting to see if any other clubs follow suit on 21:26 - Aug 7 by EllDale

Perhaps football could follow the example of rugby league where the physio is allowed onto the pitch immediately a player goes down without having to wait for permission from the referee?

As long as play is allowed to continue as in rugby,it's a great idea injury dependant obviously.
Be interesting to see if any other clubs follow suit on 09:35 - Aug 8 with 988 viewsDaleiLama

Be interesting to see if any other clubs follow suit on 21:07 - Aug 7 by soulboy

I thought it was already up to the ref. Players will go on feigning injuries no matter what. However, one way of trying to put end to some of this, is, if a player goes down whether the injury is genuine or not and whether the trainer comes on the pitch or not, once fit to resume, the "injured" player should have to leave the pitch for the lenght of time he was " injured".

This would work in most cases Soulboy, but like when Ollie was scythed down at Prenton, he'd be off the pitch for some time after (it could be argued if he hadn't put the earlier challenge in he wouldn't have been headhunted either). Also in this case he was subbed shortly after. But you get my drift - it penalises genuine injuries which require a lot of on field treatment to recover. I like the idea of trainers coming on during play. It's a big pitch. Use it.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024