Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old Spotland... 14:14 - Dec 11 with 1884 viewsTVOS1907

These popped up on Twitter recently, taken before the home game versus bury on Saturday 2nd October 1982.

The photographer has spent a large part of lockdown digitising his ground images, which he took in the early-1980s.

They certainly brought back some memories of what lower league grounds used to be like.

[Post edited 11 Dec 2020 15:05]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Old Spotland... on 15:27 - Dec 11 with 1771 viewsfermin

The Wimbledon history site has an 'On this day feature' and the match for today is our home game against them in 1982. It has a couple of pictures and a newspaper report. I can't link to the actual pictures for some reason but if you go to the following link you can click on the pictures to get a much bigger view: http://www.historicaldons.com/ I imagine it will be a different picture and story tomorrow.

Looks like a bit of a kit clash, though it is in black and white. Eric Snookes wearing number 11 is a bit odd. Match featured the current Wimbledon manager.

Crowd was 1,097, which puts things in perspective.
Old Spotland... on 16:01 - Dec 11 with 1730 viewsTVOS1907

Old Spotland... on 15:27 - Dec 11 by fermin

The Wimbledon history site has an 'On this day feature' and the match for today is our home game against them in 1982. It has a couple of pictures and a newspaper report. I can't link to the actual pictures for some reason but if you go to the following link you can click on the pictures to get a much bigger view: http://www.historicaldons.com/ I imagine it will be a different picture and story tomorrow.

Looks like a bit of a kit clash, though it is in black and white. Eric Snookes wearing number 11 is a bit odd. Match featured the current Wimbledon manager.

Crowd was 1,097, which puts things in perspective.

My first-ever Dale game, as posted here:

I've actually got some pics from that game courtesy of The Dons' photographer of the time, who oddly moved on to become MK Dons' snapper.

It was White/White/White v Yellow/Yellow/Yellow

Old Spotland... on 11:33 - Dec 12 with 1356 viewsboromat

Before my time those pictures I love the welcome to Spotland sign. Was that also used on the programmes feel like I've seen it before. We should revive it some form.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Old Spotland... on 12:44 - Dec 12 with 1282 viewsTVOS1907

Old Spotland... on 11:33 - Dec 12 by boromat

Before my time those pictures I love the welcome to Spotland sign. Was that also used on the programmes feel like I've seen it before. We should revive it some form.

There was a football on the covers in 85/86, but it was just a generic image rather than that one.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024