Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bradford City quit programme sales 11:29 - Jul 8 with 2772 viewsSuddenLad

The club have announced that they are to cease issuing a matchday programme. I thought they were a requirement for EFL clubs?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Bradford City quit programme sales on 11:45 - Jul 8 with 2702 viewsBigKindo

More clubs seem to be offering them by online subscription. No doubt TVOS will correct me but didn't Stevenage do this last season.
Bradford City quit programme sales on 12:37 - Jul 8 with 2539 viewsTVOS1907

They haven't been a requirement for a couple of years, as long as clubs can demonstrate they can showcase EFL sponsors and partners in other publications or media.

Stevenage and Forest Green didn't do anything last season, Scunthorpe did an online version, but their fans kicked-off about it, so they are producing again this season.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bradford City quit programme sales on 12:52 - Jul 8 with 2496 viewsSuddenLad

Bradford City quit programme sales on 12:37 - Jul 8 by TVOS1907

They haven't been a requirement for a couple of years, as long as clubs can demonstrate they can showcase EFL sponsors and partners in other publications or media.

Stevenage and Forest Green didn't do anything last season, Scunthorpe did an online version, but their fans kicked-off about it, so they are producing again this season.

Thanks for the clarification.

It seems odd that a club with such a (relatively) large fanbase has ditched the match day programme. I guess it shows how little profit there is in producing them (if any), or a lack of those dedicated to the role. If it's no longer a requirement, I guess there may be a domino effect in that case.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Bradford City quit programme sales on 13:01 - Jul 8 with 2478 viewsTVOS1907

Bradford City quit programme sales on 12:52 - Jul 8 by SuddenLad

Thanks for the clarification.

It seems odd that a club with such a (relatively) large fanbase has ditched the match day programme. I guess it shows how little profit there is in producing them (if any), or a lack of those dedicated to the role. If it's no longer a requirement, I guess there may be a domino effect in that case.

I think there will be, although it was forecast last year and didn't happen.

Despite all their words and explanations, two of the actual reasons clubs have dropped them is that they can't be bothered and new, younger media staff don't have the club knowledge or resources to call on, as a lot of their focus and training has been on more up-to-date technology.

Bradford City quit programme sales on 13:25 - Jul 8 with 2410 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Bradford City quit programme sales on 13:01 - Jul 8 by TVOS1907

I think there will be, although it was forecast last year and didn't happen.

Despite all their words and explanations, two of the actual reasons clubs have dropped them is that they can't be bothered and new, younger media staff don't have the club knowledge or resources to call on, as a lot of their focus and training has been on more up-to-date technology.

Did I hear correctly that some clubs are moving to online programs?

They’ll be a bugger to collect and re-sell….
Bradford City quit programme sales on 13:27 - Jul 8 with 2405 viewsTVOS1907

Bradford City quit programme sales on 13:25 - Jul 8 by Albert_Whitehurst

That's answered above!

Bradford City quit programme sales on 13:30 - Jul 8 with 2384 viewskel

I hope I don’t make him blush but that’s why we’re bloody lucky to have a programme editor in TVOS. I know many people who still like to have the feel of an actual programme in their hand and we’re blessed that’s it’s all done by somebody in his spare time.

Long may it continue.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2022 13:58]
Bradford City quit programme sales on 13:42 - Jul 8 with 2356 viewsboromat

Bradford City quit programme sales on 13:25 - Jul 8 by Albert_Whitehurst

NFT Programmes anyone?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

Bradford City quit programme sales on 13:45 - Jul 8 with 2345 viewsDaleiLama

Bradford City quit programme sales on 13:30 - Jul 8 by kel

I hope I don’t make him blush but that’s why we’re bloody lucky to have a programme editor in TVOS. I know many people who still like to have the feel of an actual programme in their hand and we’re blessed that’s it’s all done by somebody in his spare time.

Long may it continue.

An award winning programme editor at that!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Bradford City quit programme sales on 13:54 - Jul 8 with 2316 viewsTVOS1907

Long may it continue.

Kind words, Kelvin, whatever they say about you elsewhere...

Bradford City quit programme sales on 13:58 - Jul 8 with 2307 viewskel

Bradford City quit programme sales on 13:54 - Jul 8 by TVOS1907

Kind words, Kelvin, whatever they say about you elsewhere...

Bradford City quit programme sales on 18:01 - Jul 8 with 2014 viewsEllDale

Makes you wonder how many of the hordes of Bradford City fans were buying a programme.
Back in the 1980s and 1990s when I was a programme editor (albeit in another sport) the reckoning was that the ratio of people buying a programme was 1 in 4 of the attendance.
If they can’t make it work on their published gates then who can?
A free programme always used to sound good when you were selling sponsorship or hospitality.
Buying a programme is an essential part of my match day experience; reading up on the opposition before the game and then reading the rest of it from cover to cover back home.
But I’m a 68 year old dinosaur.
Bradford City quit programme sales on 19:37 - Jul 8 with 1915 viewshammerdale

Long may it continue.

Totally agree..puts many of the Premier league programmes to shame, great reading, lots of historical information of games and players.
Bradford City quit programme sales on 21:38 - Jul 8 with 1799 views1mark1

Long may it continue.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Bradford City quit programme sales on 09:33 - Jul 9 with 1578 viewsTVOS1907

Bradford City quit programme sales on 19:37 - Jul 8 by hammerdale

Totally agree..puts many of the Premier league programmes to shame, great reading, lots of historical information of games and players.

Many thanks, hammerdale.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024