Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
contracts and compensation 13:44 - Dec 29 with 883 viewselectricblue

Just beeen reading that Cardiff may owe Mackay around £2.5m in compo...
Now Tan says he is not paying it and he will go to court on it, surely if you are dismissed under contract you are entitled to a pay off from the remainder of the contract length...
Also shouldnt there be something put in place by the LMA like paying a contract within 28days....
Im almost certain that mackay cant take another job until its sorted one way or another.....
Personally he should be paid off so that both parties can move on.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

contracts and compensation on 14:07 - Dec 29 with 846 viewsSuddenLad

Some foreign owners (in this case Mr. Tan) think they can just do as they please. They own the club, they can sign who they want, sack who they want and do it when they want. They are answerable to no-one.

They are dictators who have no regard for tradition, no respect for supporters, no regard for rules and regulations and no conscience. Contracts ? Mr. Tan won't understand the principle (nor will he care).

So what, I want my team to play in red. I own the club, I couldn't give a toss that the club has played in blue for generations and that their nickname is 'The Bluebirds'. Red it is then.

So what, you've supported the club for 40 years. Your job is to pay up and keep coming. If you don't - see if I care. I'll have who I want as manager - it's nothing to do with you. It's MY club and I will decide how I run it.

Good luck Mr. Tan. You're a cretin.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

contracts and compensation on 14:52 - Dec 29 with 800 viewspl56

I have a feeling there may be more to this than meets the eye . There was a good deal in papers yesterday that , if true , could be seen as gross financial negligence on the part of Mackay if (and I say if...) it was contravening his authority from the board . In that case , contract length is presumably irrelevant , its a sackable offence with contractual notice .

There is , I suspect , a great deal more to come out on this one .
contracts and compensation on 15:46 - Dec 29 with 762 viewselectricblue

Some cardiff fans seem to think that after the end of season the club will be up for sale as Tan may just sell up.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

contracts and compensation on 15:54 - Dec 29 with 738 viewsSuddenLad

contracts and compensation on 14:52 - Dec 29 by pl56

I have a feeling there may be more to this than meets the eye . There was a good deal in papers yesterday that , if true , could be seen as gross financial negligence on the part of Mackay if (and I say if...) it was contravening his authority from the board . In that case , contract length is presumably irrelevant , its a sackable offence with contractual notice .

There is , I suspect , a great deal more to come out on this one .

Surely, no manager can spend the money unless the Board releases the funds for him to spend.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

contracts and compensation on 17:37 - Dec 29 with 625 viewsD_Alien

contracts and compensation on 15:54 - Dec 29 by SuddenLad

Surely, no manager can spend the money unless the Board releases the funds for him to spend.

Exactly. Tan doesn't have a leg to stand on - he still thinks he's living and working under the corrupt regime from whichever third world dictatorship he came from (can't remember which and care even less).

It'll just cost him even more money to challenge the case in court, at which point he'll think he's being treated unfairly and take his ball home. That, at any rate, is the best prospect Cardiff fans can hope for.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

contracts and compensation on 19:38 - Dec 29 with 459 viewspl56

contracts and compensation on 15:54 - Dec 29 by SuddenLad

I think I read somewhere that Ian Moody was delegated authority to sign of transfers and associated costs , presumably , it will probably be argued , up to what has been suggested as an agreed limit , hence his demise . It seems the argument might go that Mackay was complicit in that ?

I agree it smacks of ridiculously poor financial governance , but that might be the starting point for legal argument . Another pay day for lawyers !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024