Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. 00:38 - Sep 4 with 15811 viewsbarabajagal

Without thinking, I told him that it was none of his business. With hindsight I could have said a number of reasons. However, I quickly offered this child-like, poetic and somewhat arrogant response, and it felt good. I know enough about the history and present times of certain other clubs to render me a fan of that team, and yet I despise them. Had my father's uncle taken him to Luton vs West Ham on Boxing Day, 1953, I may well have been a 'Hatters' fan, but fortunately for my brother and I, he didn't. Strangely, Luton are a team I despise too, purely on the basis of the treatment my brother and I received by the locals one pre-season friendly/cup game a decade and a half ago (I can't remember the exact day, score or purpose of the game, we've all been there).

So I wondered why people supported our club rather than another club, especially if like me, you've never lived anywhere near the club. I support the Hoops because of my father and his uncle, post-war. I wonder why others have an allegiance?
[Post edited 4 Sep 2014 1:19]
Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 13:19 - Sep 4 with 3364 viewsenfieldargh

Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 08:47 - Sep 4 by Toast_R

I had a magnetic football game, one set of players wore yellow the other set red jerseys with black shorts. It was 1982 it was the FA Cup final weekend. My older brother wanted to be Spurs, a three year old me got to be QPR... It stuck ever since. My first QPR replica shirt was the Guinness one.... here's me wearing it on a family holiday in Spain.

Toasty, you are so articulate for a 6 year old!!!

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 13:19 - Sep 4 with 3364 viewsBlackCrowe

Aged 7, my older brother decided i had to support a team. Showed me a list of all teams in the football league at the time.
I quite liked the name.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 13:23 - Sep 4 with 3362 viewswhittocksRs

Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 10:16 - Sep 4 by LadbrokeGrover

As you can see from my user name, I'm a local boy. My dad supported Rangers so obviously my brother and I were always going to be Rangers as he'd take us all the time. I'll never forget walking up the steps and seeing the pitch and the stadium for the first time. Best feeling in the world.

So two choices round my way, Rangers or Chelsea (thanks dad for getting us to fall in love with the right club). I went to Holland Park comprehensive. The dislike between us and Chelsea was so bad that we'd sit on one side of the classroom and the scum the other. Anyone else that supported Man U, Liverpool or any of the others (there wasn't that many) was told to fu@ck off and find a seat in the non segregated areas of the classroom. Good times.....

I got all a bit nostalgic there.....

I was a Holland Parker too, but the school was fecking over-run by glory-hunting Man U fans by the time I was there that hardly anyone else supported QPR (or Chelsea for that matter). There were also loads of Arsenal fans, which is weird seeing the school was West London's biggest comp at the time.
Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 14:25 - Sep 4 with 3301 viewsJuzzie

Born in a hospital built on the site of one of our former grounds, Pangbourne Avenue/St Quintins Avenue just off Ladbroke Grove.

Grew up in the Portobello Road/Ladbroke Grove area.

Nothing about there should be a right that people support their local club only, it just seemed to feel right to me.

I didn't actually go to my first QPR game until I was 15. When I was 11/12, my Mum's then boyfriend took us all (brother included) to White Hart Lane as he was a spuds fan. We stood on the old Shelf (a 2nd tier terrace) and Spurs won 5-1. That's the sort of scoreline that can turn an impressionable young lad. Not me!

[Post edited 4 Sep 2014 16:15]
Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 14:57 - Sep 4 with 3263 viewsMKQPR

Being born in Milton Keynes you get alot of the why dont you support the MK Dons (They weren't about) so why not (Man U or Arsenal?) better question why Man U or Arsenal?
I support Rangers because my family is born and bred but the reason i give is simple QPR is a Top Club with Top Fans what more do you need to say? to me it aint about the trophy's (I would never turn one down mind) its being beat 4-0 and still singing like you've one the league. Sitting there on a tuesday night in December losing 2-0 without a sniff at goal freezing you bollox off but nobody leaving until that final whistle has gone, celebrating until 4am the next morning when you get that promotion youve been chasing all year or you get a win against the Scum. Alright we might be a small club from West London but West London is R's and We R QPRand no amount of trophies will change that.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2014 14:59]
Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 15:20 - Sep 4 with 3242 views18StoneOfHoop

Lovely thread, great reasons and stories.

There are some strict orthodox Hoopier-than-thou individuals who say there should be one rule, and one rule only, in relevance to being a true proper 'real' football fan and not just a mere supporter.
No matter what your Dad says ( e can uck orf ollux, e's an unt ):

'Support Your Local Team!' ...........(from wherever you're born.)

Well despite having the great fortune of being born in Hammersmith Hospital I have to confess to flirting with other teams before becoming a confirmed hoop in serendipitous timing to witness the club's best ever season in 1975/76.

I was 10 years old,10 days after a Dave Webb goal guaranteed a 1-0 win over mighty Man Utd - in front of 29,237 including me behind the Loft goal and my bigger brother 8 rows back to keep an eye - guaranteed a 1-0 win over Man Utd.

However going back to that flirting. My Dad had no interest or background in football or any sport whatsoever. But being a good Dad he took us to football matches around London. Upton Park was good; really liked those claret and blue shirts - my brother got one which I was jealous of. But kids under 10 - unless closely guided - can be natural born glory-hunters. They just wanna follow the best,the winners and ~dread confession~ there's an existing photograph of me somewhere, aged 7ish in a ..*shudder*.. Manchester United shirt complete with early 70's big collar.
The Law,Best and Charlton era was just finishing,and Man U were heading for their one season in the second flight, yet I know there are a lot of my peer group round west london who are cockney reds - often only of a strictly armchair persuasion - 'cos of the lure of L,B & C.
Taken on summer holidays oop north to Lancashire on August 23rdish 1974 I was very privileged to see Bobby Charlton score a trademark thwonking 20 yard pearler for PNE v Rochdale in is his one season as Player Manager at Deepdale.
So what could bring me back to the humble Hoops?

Well the one and only time my Dad took us to Stamford Bridge it was a very windy day indeed and we happened to be sat in the archaic soon-to-be-demolished condemned North stand which was visibly shaking in the wind and you could hear the creaking timbers. Gawd knows what was happening in the match or who it was against I was far more concerned about getting out alive.

From some Scum history site: 'In 1939 the North Stand was built. A curious stand in the north east corner it was an extension to the East stand and stuck out for being a completely different design to the rest of the stadium but it did provide extra seating. It survived until 1975 when it was demolished and the north end was then open terracing until 1993 when it too was demolished at the start of the modern redevelopment of the entire stadium.'

A few weeks later we were taken again to Loftus Road. Can't remember for the life of me, who it was against or the score. Even though I had a colouring book,I was bored out of my restless whiney little boy skull mind and by easily the most memorable part of the occasion was the yummy Jaffa Cakes 2-pack I received at half-time. I was safe and I had Jaffa Cakes!

That done the trick! No more flirting. Jaffa Cakes and the life-threatening experience at old Scumford Bridge have made this 18Stone fat b'staad the man you see today:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RANGERS TILL I DIE!<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

[Post edited 5 Sep 2014 4:17]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 15:47 - Sep 4 with 3218 viewsWokingR

Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 08:47 - Sep 4 by Toast_R

I had a magnetic football game, one set of players wore yellow the other set red jerseys with black shorts. It was 1982 it was the FA Cup final weekend. My older brother wanted to be Spurs, a three year old me got to be QPR... It stuck ever since. My first QPR replica shirt was the Guinness one.... here's me wearing it on a family holiday in Spain.

The bit of background is all well and good but why are you wearing your mums silky Cami Knickers ?
Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 15:50 - Sep 4 with 3215 viewsstansleftfoot

By the time I was ten I was playing Football for my school, 1964 but had never seen a professional game, it wasn't 'til a couple of years later I started playing football anywhere and everywhere in the parks at the weekend, I'd seen folk playing when we played for the School during the week.
I gave Shepherds Bush Green a go and began to see the QPR support locally, i had no idea where the ground was, I did see the "Rodnee" grafitti and the whole thing had grabbed my attention, ultimately the bloke on the Ellerslie Road stand let me at half-time for free, so I had a introduction to QPR first game in the '68 season only at LR, and only the second half, I don't recall a win, very few goals and a miraculous good humour as the Loft mercilessly took the piss out of Vic Mobley and others ( am I right, its a long time and many a brain cell ago )
I went until the 70's when I played on Saturdays myself.
I love this Club and it has a particular spirit that pervades it's support that I first saw when we had that dreadful season, totally out our depth, with what was still the Third Division side less the genius Rodney Marsh. I still think regardless of the facts, its just this next game and then we'll really show them....40 years on, I still believe.
It's a personal relationship where I feel for QPR and that they really need a good friend, the Club falls in with bad people sometimes but they mean well.
So who is the Club, Well, its probably us! Played fella's, our time will come!
Login to get fewer ads

Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 15:52 - Sep 4 with 3212 viewsgordanoR

I had the misfortune of growing up in Swindon & when Swindon Town gave my school some free tickets I was put off football for life or so I thought.

Years later i ended up mates with a bloke who's family were originally from Acton. He was Rangers through & through & after a lot of nagging on his part I eventually agreed to go. It was the early 90's & we beat Oldham on a boxing day is all I can remember. Anyway, I was hooked, days away from the cesspit of the southwest were a bonus. We had season tickets, we had beer money, we were single. Halcyon days.

We're still best mates & although he goes more than I do as his kids are older. When my kids are older I plan to join him a lot more often.
Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 15:57 - Sep 4 with 3205 viewsBluce_Ree

Well, my brother is a QPR fan (he used to do a fanzine and all that). Although he claims that when I was a kid he tried to get me to support West Ham but I rejected them. My Dad is a Man City fan who took me to a lot of Charlton games when I was younger but I had pretty good anti-chav instincts even then.

To be honest I wasn't that fussed about football at all growing up. Then in 1995 I went to my first match by choice which was our 1-0 win over Man City in the Prem and that was that.

26/08/1995. Blimey.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 16:00 - Sep 4 with 3200 viewsenfieldargh

22nd April 1967 my dad got tickets to see Arsenal V Nottingham Forest.

How fcking boring was that. All I remember it ended 1-1 and all the Arse fans around me spent the entire game slagging off Ian Ure.

Then he took me to Chelsea a couple of times. I can only remember sitting in the west stand thinking what a total shithole Stamford Bridge was.

30th December 1967, QPR V Plymouth. Glad you took me here Dad, won 4-1 and Rodnee and QPR came into my life

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 16:12 - Sep 4 with 3178 viewsbob566

full kit wan***

Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 16:34 - Sep 4 with 3149 viewsaston_hoop

Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 15:52 - Sep 4 by gordanoR

I had the misfortune of growing up in Swindon & when Swindon Town gave my school some free tickets I was put off football for life or so I thought.

Years later i ended up mates with a bloke who's family were originally from Acton. He was Rangers through & through & after a lot of nagging on his part I eventually agreed to go. It was the early 90's & we beat Oldham on a boxing day is all I can remember. Anyway, I was hooked, days away from the cesspit of the southwest were a bonus. We had season tickets, we had beer money, we were single. Halcyon days.

We're still best mates & although he goes more than I do as his kids are older. When my kids are older I plan to join him a lot more often.

That game v Oldham was my first too and I was hooked. Grew up in North Herts where everyone supported Utd despite not knowing where Manchester was but my Dad is from East Acton so I had no choice.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 16:35 - Sep 4 with 3148 viewsDylanP

I love these sorts of threads. Its always fun reading how people ended up at QPR.

I grew up right opposite Queen Park, so there was that. However, my Dad was a Spurs fan as a kid. In 1973, he took me to see QPR v Spurs to try and get me into Spurs. It had the opposite effect. I was little. I fell in love with Loftus rd and the club with the same name as the park across the road. Stan scored and we ran out 3-1 winners (I think).

And I was hooked. I had my 40 year anniversary last year. I hear there are shots you can get these days to immunize yourself against such insanity....

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 16:35 - Sep 4 with 3148 viewspaulparker

4th Generation Supporter, its in the Blood
Dad went to Christopher Wren School & the whole family lived around the Bush, Notting Hill, & Ravenscourt Park , Dad went every week with his mates, rodneeeee & the Morgan Twins his favs, (still got the old mans rattle from the 67 cup final ) my great Auntie & Uncle were season ticket holders up until the mid seventies, my Granddad & Great Granddad went a lot in the early 50's so im told
when I started playing & getting into football I supported Everton & asked for an Everton Kit, well the family wasn't having that so off we went to see QPR vs Watford in 84 poss 85 , I think, (we won 2-0, loved fenwick as a kid) then my nan went to Parksys and got me the QPR kit , sod Everton
that was me hooked , the kit, the stadium, the plastic pitch, the rush of walking up the Steps of the ER was something that I still remember,
after that me & the old man had season tickets & went every home game for about 5 years , stopping at my nans on the route home after every home game for a quick cuppa,"how did the RANGERS do " my granddad would shout from the Garden
(god I miss those days ) I then started going with my mates as I hit my teens
& standing in the paddocks , then the Loft,
TBH im privileged & proud to be a supporter of this club, we have a great History, with great players, I love where we come from and when I take my step daughter through the streets in and around the stadium I tell her the same stories my dad told me

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 16:39 - Sep 4 with 2927 viewsQPRMUSO

Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 14:57 - Sep 4 by MKQPR

Being born in Milton Keynes you get alot of the why dont you support the MK Dons (They weren't about) so why not (Man U or Arsenal?) better question why Man U or Arsenal?
I support Rangers because my family is born and bred but the reason i give is simple QPR is a Top Club with Top Fans what more do you need to say? to me it aint about the trophy's (I would never turn one down mind) its being beat 4-0 and still singing like you've one the league. Sitting there on a tuesday night in December losing 2-0 without a sniff at goal freezing you bollox off but nobody leaving until that final whistle has gone, celebrating until 4am the next morning when you get that promotion youve been chasing all year or you get a win against the Scum. Alright we might be a small club from West London but West London is R's and We R QPRand no amount of trophies will change that.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2014 14:59]

Where are you from MK, I am Wavendon Gate?
Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 16:41 - Sep 4 with 2922 viewsQPRMUSO

I am a third generation of looney tune and my son is a 4th generation. My Dad was originally from Primrose Hill and his Dad kicked it all off in the good old days of standing in the terraces.
Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 16:42 - Sep 4 with 2919 viewsShotKneesHoop

I support QPR because it's the hope that kills you.

And they've been killing me since 1961.

It does't get any better with the passing of time either.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2014 20:52]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 18:23 - Sep 4 with 2876 viewsDiscodroids

Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 15:20 - Sep 4 by 18StoneOfHoop

Lovely thread, great reasons and stories.

There are some strict orthodox Hoopier-than-thou individuals who say there should be one rule, and one rule only, in relevance to being a true proper 'real' football fan and not just a mere supporter.
No matter what your Dad says ( e can uck orf ollux, e's an unt ):

'Support Your Local Team!' ...........(from wherever you're born.)

Well despite having the great fortune of being born in Hammersmith Hospital I have to confess to flirting with other teams before becoming a confirmed hoop in serendipitous timing to witness the club's best ever season in 1975/76.

I was 10 years old,10 days after a Dave Webb goal guaranteed a 1-0 win over mighty Man Utd - in front of 29,237 including me behind the Loft goal and my bigger brother 8 rows back to keep an eye - guaranteed a 1-0 win over Man Utd.

However going back to that flirting. My Dad had no interest or background in football or any sport whatsoever. But being a good Dad he took us to football matches around London. Upton Park was good; really liked those claret and blue shirts - my brother got one which I was jealous of. But kids under 10 - unless closely guided - can be natural born glory-hunters. They just wanna follow the best,the winners and ~dread confession~ there's an existing photograph of me somewhere, aged 7ish in a ..*shudder*.. Manchester United shirt complete with early 70's big collar.
The Law,Best and Charlton era was just finishing,and Man U were heading for their one season in the second flight, yet I know there are a lot of my peer group round west london who are cockney reds - often only of a strictly armchair persuasion - 'cos of the lure of L,B & C.
Taken on summer holidays oop north to Lancashire on August 23rdish 1974 I was very privileged to see Bobby Charlton score a trademark thwonking 20 yard pearler for PNE v Rochdale in is his one season as Player Manager at Deepdale.
So what could bring me back to the humble Hoops?

Well the one and only time my Dad took us to Stamford Bridge it was a very windy day indeed and we happened to be sat in the archaic soon-to-be-demolished condemned North stand which was visibly shaking in the wind and you could hear the creaking timbers. Gawd knows what was happening in the match or who it was against I was far more concerned about getting out alive.

From some Scum history site: 'In 1939 the North Stand was built. A curious stand in the north east corner it was an extension to the East stand and stuck out for being a completely different design to the rest of the stadium but it did provide extra seating. It survived until 1975 when it was demolished and the north end was then open terracing until 1993 when it too was demolished at the start of the modern redevelopment of the entire stadium.'

A few weeks later we were taken again to Loftus Road. Can't remember for the life of me, who it was against or the score. Even though I had a colouring book,I was bored out of my restless whiney little boy skull mind and by easily the most memorable part of the occasion was the yummy Jaffa Cakes 2-pack I received at half-time. I was safe and I had Jaffa Cakes!

That done the trick! No more flirting. Jaffa Cakes and the life-threatening experience at old Scumford Bridge have made this 18Stone fat b'staad the man you see today:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RANGERS TILL I DIE!<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

[Post edited 5 Sep 2014 4:17]

great stuff 18 stoner

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 18:40 - Sep 4 with 2862 viewsMKQPR

Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 16:39 - Sep 4 by QPRMUSO

Where are you from MK, I am Wavendon Gate?

Im Shenley Brook buddy
Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 19:32 - Sep 4 with 2821 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nice thread.

I started supporting Rangers because my Dad did.

I still support them because hundreds of my friends do.

Even if we ran out of footballs, I still would.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 19:54 - Sep 4 with 2801 viewsOakR

I started through a local scouts group. The scout leader was a Newcastle fan and he took us all to watch a match. We sat in the away end with the Newcastle fans, though it was not that populated, as I guess most people were standing. It was 1984, I was aged 9, the score of course was 5-5. If you're not hooked after that, nothing will.

My friend's school then started getting £1 tickets so I started going with him and his dad (who had no interest in football).

My brother then started to join us.

As I got older and tickets got more expensive, I ended up working in the children's library on Askew Road. I'd work my shift, take my break at the end of it, leave at 3.45pm and get to the ground of the second half. Not ideal but I did get to see the good half of the 6-1 against Luton. They then decided I could not have my break at the end of my shift, at which point I left.

Now with 2 young children won't make many games probably until they get to an age where they want to go / won't go home telling their mum about the 'new words learnt at football'.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 20:10 - Sep 4 with 2787 viewsdanehoop

Moved to Ruislip in 1974 aged 7 went to local primary school and all the kids were either chelscum, Liverpool or spuds. I couldnt understand it as they weren't local sides. Decided to be different and said I support QPR. Brother showed me the kit on his subetto and i thought yes, that I like. Kept up the interest got to see a few friendly pre-season games and then started going when I could from 1981 onwards whatever home and away games that I could get to. As I got older and worked overseas I ensured that I was back at 3 games a season (even twisting family return trips from China to ensure that I got to HQ for a mid week home game in League 2). No sure when it went from a desire to be different and support my local side, to an obession which will always ultimately dissappoint, but I am stuck with it now.

Nine year old Danehoop junior is already brainwashed and will be joining me for a his first home game in October. Once infected with bug it seems to become heriditary....

Never knowingly understood

Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 21:22 - Sep 4 with 2734 viewsMonahoop

When I was 7, a friend came round to my house. He brought with him a football rag, Shoot or something like it. Neither of us supported a team at the time, but so badly wanted too as other lads we knew were getting into the football groove. Now inside this rag was a list of the four divisions 1, 2, 3 and 4, no ponsy Premier League or Championship. These division lists had slots in them where you placed the team in their respective slot depending on the results, so forming league tables. My mate thought it a good idea to throw every team on my bedroom floor and then throw a drawing pin which was near to hand onto the floor. Which ever team the pin landed on was to be our respective team. When I dropped the pin it landed on QPR. I hadn't a notion who they were. The pin fell on Mansfield Town for my mate. I did some quick research via The Observers Book of Football about the team. My old man a Norwich fan laughed as did all my school friends who followed the likes of Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Leeds or Man Utd. It was 1968 and QPR were rock bottom amassing an miserable 18 points at the end of the season. But I stuck with them and I loved the hooped shirts. My mate didn't stay a Mansfield fan for too long and defected to Leeds. Not sure which is worse really!!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 21:39 - Sep 4 with 2719 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Somebody just asked me why I support Queen's Park Rangers. on 21:22 - Sep 4 by Monahoop

When I was 7, a friend came round to my house. He brought with him a football rag, Shoot or something like it. Neither of us supported a team at the time, but so badly wanted too as other lads we knew were getting into the football groove. Now inside this rag was a list of the four divisions 1, 2, 3 and 4, no ponsy Premier League or Championship. These division lists had slots in them where you placed the team in their respective slot depending on the results, so forming league tables. My mate thought it a good idea to throw every team on my bedroom floor and then throw a drawing pin which was near to hand onto the floor. Which ever team the pin landed on was to be our respective team. When I dropped the pin it landed on QPR. I hadn't a notion who they were. The pin fell on Mansfield Town for my mate. I did some quick research via The Observers Book of Football about the team. My old man a Norwich fan laughed as did all my school friends who followed the likes of Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Leeds or Man Utd. It was 1968 and QPR were rock bottom amassing an miserable 18 points at the end of the season. But I stuck with them and I loved the hooped shirts. My mate didn't stay a Mansfield fan for too long and defected to Leeds. Not sure which is worse really!!

Shoot League Ladders!!!

Man, I loved those things!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024