Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton will have a field day next week! 17:59 - Feb 23 with 9173 viewsdale4ever

What score do we all think?
Luton will have a field day next week! on 11:42 - Feb 25 with 3466 viewsParkinsGimp

I actually think we might sneak a draw or even win there, Football Gods and all that. We are expected to get spanked, but if we somehow get a result, the "mongs" will be back on crowing and saying " see no problem , in Hill we trust". When just like Walsall( who are terrible by the way and in freefall) it will be a fluke.
Luton will have a field day next week! on 16:04 - Feb 25 with 3367 viewsboromat

Luton will have a field day next week! on 17:07 - Feb 24 by Dale23years

You was doing ok,till you mentioned Andrew

Might need as many defenders on the pitch as possible. Calvin might not score goals but defensively he's an asset. Wins his header at most corners against and can hold the ball up.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Luton will have a field day next week! on 00:12 - Feb 27 with 3121 viewsShun

Shrewsbury beat Doncaster tonight, deepening our woes.

It's like Doncaster just want me to hate them. Fvcking scum.
Luton will have a field day next week! on 03:58 - Feb 27 with 3092 viewsdownunder

Luton will have a field day next week! on 10:58 - Feb 24 by D_Alien

He's disappeared down a boggart hole

Fond memories of Boggart hole, the scene of my only cycling "podium finish".

PS. We will get points if Henderson scores.
Luton will have a field day next week! on 06:58 - Feb 27 with 3043 viewsdingdangblue

Luton will have a field day next week! on 00:12 - Feb 27 by Shun

Shrewsbury beat Doncaster tonight, deepening our woes.

It's like Doncaster just want me to hate them. Fvcking scum.

Back to back league wins away at Peterborough and home to Donny last night are the type of results required to avoid relegation. Noticed a young loan striker they picked up from Stoke in Jan (Tyrese Campbell) has scored in both wins and the previous draw v Burton. Just what you need at this stage.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Luton will have a field day next week! on 11:19 - Feb 27 with 2861 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Luton will have a field day next week! on 06:58 - Feb 27 by dingdangblue

Back to back league wins away at Peterborough and home to Donny last night are the type of results required to avoid relegation. Noticed a young loan striker they picked up from Stoke in Jan (Tyrese Campbell) has scored in both wins and the previous draw v Burton. Just what you need at this stage.

Talking of noticing.......Andy Cannon still not in the Portsmouth squad at bury last night in the Checkatrade......but he'll still be £££ in.
Luton will have a field day next week! on 11:25 - Feb 27 with 2844 viewsTVOS1907

Luton will have a field day next week! on 11:19 - Feb 27 by Yorkshire_Dale

Talking of noticing.......Andy Cannon still not in the Portsmouth squad at bury last night in the Checkatrade......but he'll still be £££ in.

He was cup-tied.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Luton will have a field day next week! on 14:37 - Feb 27 with 2711 viewsShun

It’s worth noting that after Saturday we have 5 consecutive games that you’d have to look at as being very winnable. Shrews, Oxford, Accy, Scunny, and Gillingham. We’ll most likely be 2nd favourites for all of them but it certainly gives us an opportunity to pick up some serious points.
Login to get fewer ads

Luton will have a field day next week! on 14:48 - Feb 27 with 2698 viewsDaleFan7

Luton will have a field day next week! on 14:37 - Feb 27 by Shun

It’s worth noting that after Saturday we have 5 consecutive games that you’d have to look at as being very winnable. Shrews, Oxford, Accy, Scunny, and Gillingham. We’ll most likely be 2nd favourites for all of them but it certainly gives us an opportunity to pick up some serious points.

So did home games against Wimbledon, Coventry and Fleetwood. All resulted in a massive total of 1 point from 9. Even that point was us struggling to break down a team with 10 men.

Can't see us getting anything but another drubbing on Saturday, unfortunately. But we live in hope.
Luton will have a field day next week! on 15:30 - Feb 27 with 2663 viewsShun

Luton will have a field day next week! on 14:48 - Feb 27 by DaleFan7

So did home games against Wimbledon, Coventry and Fleetwood. All resulted in a massive total of 1 point from 9. Even that point was us struggling to break down a team with 10 men.

Can't see us getting anything but another drubbing on Saturday, unfortunately. But we live in hope.

I couldn’t agree more, but I’m clinging to any bits of hope! I’m at the stage where I won’t even be too bothered if we go down now, I just want to see some entertaining, attacking, passionate performances for the rest of the season.
Luton will have a field day next week! on 16:19 - Feb 27 with 2607 viewsEllDale

Me too.
Let's go down all guns blazing. Not like last time or like Bury last year.
Luton will have a field day next week! on 20:35 - Feb 27 with 2432 viewsDaleiLama

This season

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Luton will have a field day next week! on 16:24 - Mar 1 with 1942 viewsdingdangblue

Just looking at Luton's results this season. Amazing really.
Only 4 defeats all season and 2 of those were in the first 3 games (away to Portsmouth on the opening day and away to Peterborough 2 weeks later). The only other 2 teams to beat them were Doncaster away and Barnsley away as far back as October 10th. They haven't lost a single game at home.
Good luck Dale!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Luton will have a field day next week! on 16:42 - Mar 1 with 1908 viewsEllDale

Dale have of course pulled off results against the odds before now.
I remember in Doug Collins' great escape in 1979 we drew 1-1 at Portsmouth and won 3-0 at Barnsley when by rights we should have been hammered.
And I seem to remember going to Preston and sticking four up them when they were top of the league so it can happen.
Mind you, we didn't look like conceding a goal everytime the opposition crossed the halfway line in those days.
Lets just choke them (3-5-2?) and see what happens if the scores are level with 15 minutes to go.
Luton will have a field day next week! on 16:52 - Mar 1 with 1887 viewsdingdangblue

Luton will have a field day next week! on 16:42 - Mar 1 by EllDale

Dale have of course pulled off results against the odds before now.
I remember in Doug Collins' great escape in 1979 we drew 1-1 at Portsmouth and won 3-0 at Barnsley when by rights we should have been hammered.
And I seem to remember going to Preston and sticking four up them when they were top of the league so it can happen.
Mind you, we didn't look like conceding a goal everytime the opposition crossed the halfway line in those days.
Lets just choke them (3-5-2?) and see what happens if the scores are level with 15 minutes to go.

Yes upsets do happen. Remember when Dale were guaranteed promotion with a win v bottom of the table Darlington and we somehow lost 0-1 at home. And its almost 1 year since this happened...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43267049

Luton will have a field day next week! on 16:58 - Mar 1 with 1865 viewsD_Alien

Luton will have a field day next week! on 16:52 - Mar 1 by dingdangblue

Yes upsets do happen. Remember when Dale were guaranteed promotion with a win v bottom of the table Darlington and we somehow lost 0-1 at home. And its almost 1 year since this happened...

Remember that 0-1 v Darlington well. It was a calm Tuesday evening, perfect conditions for football, good crowd, and we totally blew it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Luton will have a field day next week! on 17:17 - Mar 1 with 1818 viewsShun

Luton will have a field day next week! on 16:58 - Mar 1 by D_Alien

Remember that 0-1 v Darlington well. It was a calm Tuesday evening, perfect conditions for football, good crowd, and we totally blew it

The latter stages of that promotion season felt like such an anti-climax. The infamous Darlington game, the weekend at Torquay where we were equally expected to gain that elusive P next to our name and we lost 5-0! Eventually we stumbled over the promotion line though with what seemed like our only win in the last two months.

Regarding tomorrow, EEL’s suspension at least gives us more scope to change things round further forward. Lonnergan, Bunney, and Hamilton will presumably keep their place, which leaves us able to select two from Clough, Pyke and Holden. I hope Done keeps his place next to Henderson up front - the fact that he’s just had his two best games since returning to Dale is obviously down to his position change.
Luton will have a field day next week! on 17:20 - Mar 1 with 1810 views442Dale

Luton will have a field day next week! on 16:58 - Mar 1 by D_Alien

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/march/preview-lutontownaway_020319/

Preview available but not with the usual links to the manager’s interviews as yet. Presumably these will be going online soon to reiterate and add to the positive messages coming from the club and Trust this week.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Luton will have a field day next week! on 17:23 - Mar 1 with 1801 viewsaleanddale

Luton will have a field day next week! on 16:52 - Mar 1 by dingdangblue

Rotherham away last year looked very tough.

When we hung on and won 1-0 it was the first chink of light in weeks and the first time in months I thought survival might just be on the cards!
Luton will have a field day next week! on 17:26 - Mar 1 with 1797 viewsJames1980

Considering Luton have played very successfully with a 442 diamond formation. What would be the best formation/personnel to cancel them out?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Luton will have a field day next week! on 18:46 - Mar 1 with 1728 viewsdingdangblue

Back in 2001 this was a top of the table clash and we had a famous smash and grab with on loan Paul Wheatcroft's winner.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024