Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup this week 10:21 - Jan 3 with 985 viewsSonicBoom

Huddersfield at home. They are 20th in the Championship so with all due respect (which of course means none at all) , we should have more than enough to dispatch them.
So do we play a strong side or does Ralph bring in the second string?

For all our decent form, we are not out of the woods yet by a long chalk, so I expect him to play the fringe players. Yoshida will be back, Boufal will probably start, Gunn may even get a game.
I think he'll rest Djenpo who seems to have struggled with injuries and I think Ings will be given the week off. I really hope that he goes with Adams as this would be a great chance to bag his first Saints goal particularly at saint Mary's.
FA Cup this week on 17:04 - Jan 3 with 909 viewskingslandstand1

The daft thing is, I expect Huddersfield to rest a few as they know they won't win the cup and league position precarious, but surely they will also expect us to rest a few so why not go for the shock?

From our side, I agree play Adams and Long with Ings on the bench (in case we are 1 down with half hour to go!), and Gunn in goal, but rest Djenepo? Does he not still need to prove himself? Did well when coming off the bench at Chelsea, but not so impressive for Spurs game

I know they've slashed the prices and shut the Chapel (?) that's no excuse for putting a genuine 2nd string throughout and then I'll be happy
FA Cup this week on 17:45 - Jan 3 with 885 viewskingslandstand1

Well he says he's going to take it seriously - but will rest players so your guess is as good as mine! But hints also that a few youngsters under consideration

Then there is an ad for tickets for the game

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2020-01-03/team-news-southampton-huddersfield
FA Cup this week on 09:10 - Jan 4 with 764 viewsCity_boy

I would play a 2nd string. We have had a lot of games recently and a rest for some would be welcome and a game to prove themselves.

It would be good to see Adams get a full game and break his duck.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2020 9:11]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024