Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quiz Question 11:49 - Apr 2 with 22288 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

How many times have Southampton Football club had an attendance of over 35,000 at their stadium?

say in the last 40 years.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Quiz Question on 18:32 - Apr 8 with 1320 viewshedgeend61

Quiz Question on 18:19 - Apr 8 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Going on the amount of tickets Pompey have sold for the League Trophy final (a national record), it must be Pompey

How come you can sell 50000 for the LT final, but couldn't shift 25,000 for the FA Cup final v Chelsea 2010.

Fans thought they may lose that one eh?
Quiz Question on 18:34 - Apr 8 with 1318 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Quiz Question on 18:07 - Apr 8 by hedgeend61

Not really sure what relevance that reply is to having 3 of your facts proved wrong, but guess you can edit those now

In answer to the Carlisle question, not many.
Top tier, about as many as you took to Wigan (one man and his dog) 60
Middle tier, over generous 2000 estimate
Add that to your over generous 15,290 Lower tier = 17,350 Total.

Lets be super over generous and say 20,000 (and I've got a rocking horse that sh1ts)
Still leaves 53,000.

How many neutrals would want to attend a Paint Pot Final ffs?

Lets say 4,000 in the top,

3,500 in the middle

plus 1,000 neutrals

so, even being generous, I can't get you up to 50,000 tickets, and that is what the official line is, no club has ever sold 50k for a final at Wembley

Quiz Question on 18:37 - Apr 8 with 1313 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Quiz Question on 18:32 - Apr 8 by hedgeend61

How come you can sell 50000 for the LT final, but couldn't shift 25,000 for the FA Cup final v Chelsea 2010.

You mean the game with over 88,000

Around 3,000 higher than your last visit to a final

Quiz Question on 18:40 - Apr 8 with 1306 viewsdjsaint

Quiz Question on 18:32 - Apr 8 by hedgeend61

Apparently the official line from 130 is they rock up only when and if required!
Quiz Question on 18:42 - Apr 8 with 1298 viewsdjsaint

Quiz Question on 18:18 - Apr 8 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

How much do you think it cost to have the best basketball team in the country?

Who other than you actually f*ckin cares!
Quiz Question on 18:47 - Apr 8 with 1293 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Quiz Question on 18:42 - Apr 8 by djsaint

Who other than you actually f*ckin cares!

very defensive, it's almost as if the penny has dropped

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portsmouth_F.C._(basketball)

Quiz Question on 19:00 - Apr 8 with 1286 viewsdjsaint

1200 of the blue few at home to Bristol Rovers in 2016, now that's just utterly disgraceful!

Still they only rock up when and if required!
Quiz Question on 19:09 - Apr 8 with 1274 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Quiz Question on 19:00 - Apr 8 by djsaint

1200 of the blue few at home to Bristol Rovers in 2016, now that's just utterly disgraceful!

Still they only rock up when and if required!

A league trophy game you buffoon, the league 2 game earlier that season ie when required got almost 18,000 against the same opposition

Login to get fewer ads

Quiz Question on 19:15 - Apr 8 with 1262 viewsdjsaint

Quiz Question on 19:09 - Apr 8 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

A league trophy game you buffoon, the league 2 game earlier that season ie when required got almost 18,000 against the same opposition

Oh so now the league trophy attendances don't count!

Everyone knows your the buffoon and figure of fun on here!
Quiz Question on 19:15 - Apr 8 with 1261 viewsIngskneeslide

Quiz Question on 19:09 - Apr 8 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Another day wasted on a Southampton forum 130. Aren’t there better things to be doing when you live in a beautiful country like Canada?
Quiz Question on 20:00 - Apr 8 with 1232 viewsBillyBlanco

Quiz Question on 19:15 - Apr 8 by Ingskneeslide

Another day wasted on a Southampton forum 130. Aren’t there better things to be doing when you live in a beautiful country like Canada?

20 years ago I regularly made deliveries all over Portsmouth. I used to wear a Saints baseball cap just to wind up the locals and enjoyed a fun bit of bantz with the skates. But after an initial back and forth, the Portsmourh local would always say something like, " of course I'm a Chelsea/spurs fan really"
Never stopped amazing me how few Portsmouth locals supported Portsmouth.
Quiz Question on 20:19 - Apr 8 with 1215 viewsdjsaint

Quiz Question on 20:00 - Apr 8 by BillyBlanco

20 years ago I regularly made deliveries all over Portsmouth. I used to wear a Saints baseball cap just to wind up the locals and enjoyed a fun bit of bantz with the skates. But after an initial back and forth, the Portsmourh local would always say something like, " of course I'm a Chelsea/spurs fan really"

They only support them when and if required don't you know!
Quiz Question on 20:21 - Apr 8 with 1210 viewsIngskneeslide

They’re all basketball fans really, that’s why their attendance plummeted when the city got a decent team despite the football team being in the top division for the first time in nearly 30 years
Quiz Question on 20:42 - Apr 8 with 1174 viewsdirk_doone

I'm surprised you say Spurs because nowadays the best supported top flight team in Portsmouth is Arsenal. But, you do see all sorts of Premier League teams' shirts there. Most of Little Pompey's fans come in from small towns and villages in the Hampshire countryside, like John Petersfield Westwood.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Quiz Question on 20:48 - Apr 8 with 1168 viewsthis_charming_man

Quiz Question on 20:21 - Apr 8 by Ingskneeslide

They’re all basketball fans really, that’s why their attendance plummeted when the city got a decent team despite the football team being in the top division for the first time in nearly 30 years

I think this is the best one I’ve heard. Although lying about attendances for 50 years Is also a corker

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Quiz Question on 20:56 - Apr 8 with 1153 viewsdjsaint

Quiz Question on 20:48 - Apr 8 by this_charming_man

I think this is the best one I’ve heard. Although lying about attendances for 50 years Is also a corker

The great thing is, now that he's spouted that garbage, he's got himself in a corner and will just have to stand by it!

No matter how dumb he's looking!
Quiz Question on 21:00 - Apr 8 with 1146 viewsIngskneeslide

Quiz Question on 20:48 - Apr 8 by this_charming_man

their owner must’ve been doing something right to help get them promoted after all that time. To be fair, as ‘special’ as they are as a fanbase, most Pompey fans would be utterly embarrassed by 130 and his list of increasingly improbable excuses.
Quiz Question on 21:10 - Apr 8 with 1136 viewsdirk_doone

Nearly 70 years now since Little Pompey had a 30,000 average. Then the sailors returned to their homes.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 21:38]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Quiz Question on 21:45 - Apr 8 with 1108 viewsPatfromPoole

Quiz Question on 21:10 - Apr 8 by dirk_doone

Nearly 70 years now since Little Pompey had a 30,000 average. Then the sailors returned to their homes.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 21:38]

There was no basketball around in those days though.

It’s a real badge of honour to have a city so renowned for basketball. I doff my cap in their direction.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Quiz Question on 21:57 - Apr 8 with 1101 viewsthis_charming_man

Quiz Question on 21:00 - Apr 8 by Ingskneeslide

their owner must’ve been doing something right to help get them promoted after all that time. To be fair, as ‘special’ as they are as a fanbase, most Pompey fans would be utterly embarrassed by 130 and his list of increasingly improbable excuses.

You clearly havent read 130s posts pal. In 87 when they got promoted to the old first division, first time they’d been there in decades they were all disallusioned with the owner who sold off all their best player plus they had to contend with a good basketball team eating into all their support

Strangely when I checked the claims about selling off their best players the facts don’t seem to match the claims, so they only actually sold one player for money who was part of their promotion squad and they brought 5 in. 2 were loaned out to lower league clubs, one was released Ian Baird came in and was sold back to Leeds in the same season with only Mick Kennedy moving to Bradford a significant sale who was sold half way through the season.

It seems facts once again don’t support the claims.

Quiz Question on 22:01 - Apr 8 with 1098 viewsthis_charming_man

Quiz Question on 20:56 - Apr 8 by djsaint

The great thing is, now that he's spouted that garbage, he's got himself in a corner and will just have to stand by it!

No matter how dumb he's looking!

Worlds greatest football fans turning their backs on their club to support a basketball team, who’d have thought it possible.....

Quiz Question on 22:13 - Apr 8 with 1082 viewsdjsaint

Quiz Question on 22:01 - Apr 8 by this_charming_man

Worlds greatest football fans turning their backs on their club to support a basketball team, who’d have thought it possible.....

I know shocking eh!

They were packing out the Mountbatten centre with over 1,000 of the blue few on occasions!
Hey maybe they were under counting there also so probably nearer 2,000!

What a body blow to their attendance figures!
Quiz Question on 23:03 - Apr 8 with 1057 viewshedgeend61

Quiz Question on 18:37 - Apr 8 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

You mean the game with over 88,000

Around 3,000 higher than your last visit to a final

Yes, That's the one, couldn't even sell 24k from 25k allocation for an FA Cup Final.

Whereas we shifted the full 32,000 allocation for a League Cup Final, 8,000 more than Little Pompey.
https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2017-02-16/efl-cup-final-manchester-united-so

Probably a Basketball game on in 2010 I guess, seems to dent your attendances.
Quiz Question on 11:53 - Apr 9 with 990 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Quiz Question on 21:57 - Apr 8 by this_charming_man

You clearly havent read 130s posts pal. In 87 when they got promoted to the old first division, first time they’d been there in decades they were all disallusioned with the owner who sold off all their best player plus they had to contend with a good basketball team eating into all their support

Strangely when I checked the claims about selling off their best players the facts don’t seem to match the claims, so they only actually sold one player for money who was part of their promotion squad and they brought 5 in. 2 were loaned out to lower league clubs, one was released Ian Baird came in and was sold back to Leeds in the same season with only Mick Kennedy moving to Bradford a significant sale who was sold half way through the season.

It seems facts once again don’t support the claims.

You've been checking the facts have you fella?

Brilliant, so you found the captain Kennedy, how about the other player that the owner tried to sell through the season, but the player refused to go?

Quiz Question on 11:56 - Apr 9 with 988 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Quiz Question on 22:01 - Apr 8 by this_charming_man

Spinning stuff pal! What I said is that the fans had got cheesed off with the owner before they got promoted. How do you explain the drop in attendances before we got promoted?

Take your time pal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024