Please log in to use all the site's facilities
|IOW Festival - a review|
at 23:16 17 Jun 2019
Got back earlier this afternoon .
- Noel Gallagher
- George Ezra
- Hacienda Classical
- Fatboy Slim
- Richard Ashcroft
- Anne-Marie (like her voice; a million times more talented than Lily Allen)
- Tom Walker
- Lily Allen: decided there should be a 1-minute silence for Grenfell Towers as it was opposite where she lived. When some people didn’t observe it, she called them coonts. Twice. Musically just awful as well.
Great weekend overall. Would thoroughly recommend anybody go next year who might be thinking about it.
at 10:04 15 Jun 2019
Not sure if they showed this on the TV last night, but during Noel Gallagher‘ set last night...
He asks if there are any Leeds in.
Some guys in front of me excitedly wave a Leeds flag.
Noel gives them a thumbs-up and says “This one is for you”.
He then sings Oasis’ “Stop Crying Your Heart Out”.......
at 08:36 12 Jun 2019
Struck me whilst watching him on Newsnight last night that a bet on him might not be a few quid completely down the drain....
|Isle of Wight Festival |
at 06:37 12 Jun 2019
Any other Uglies going this weekend?
Fearing a bit of a mud bath, I am not generally a good omen for festivals.
Some half-decent coverage starting from Friday on SKY Arts for anybody who might want to see it without getting very muddy.
Think they have had better line-ups in previous years, though am quite looking forward to seeing Noel Gallagher, Courteneers, Sam Fender, Richard Ashcroft, Garbage, James, Sundara Karma, Madness, Gerry Cinnamon and Sigala. So probably shouldn’t complain.
at 15:41 1 Jun 2019
He’s off then.
at 09:30 30 May 2019
I note that this summer’s essential viewing starts on Monday.
Just a heads up, as I know we are all big fans on here.....
at 19:44 29 May 2019
One of my very favourite Skate ex-managers. Up there with Richie Barker. Useless.
Appears to be a “pundit” on the stream I am watching of Arsenal v Chelsea....
at 23:29 26 May 2019
Just been announced as elected as an MEP in the West Midlands.
|Farage in Southampton |
at 21:06 26 May 2019
At Southampton Guildhall tonight for the result, apparently.....
at 22:49 23 May 2019
On Question Time now.....
at 07:22 23 May 2019
Couldn’t bring myself to vote for a party which Rupert Lowe is standing for. Ann Widdecombe is also a candidate for them in this region.
In football colour terms, I was torn between Saints and Plymouth Argyle. Plymouth won on penalties.
at 20:28 22 May 2019
Not beyond the realms of possibility that we may soon have a Skate as Prime Minister.
Far stranger things have happened.
This must surely make the Skates a massive club, yes?
at 11:42 21 May 2019
Needs to put more sugar in his restaurants’ drinks maybe.......
[Post edited 21 May 11:43]
|Portsmouth’s end of season open-top bus parade|
at 09:41 20 May 2019
This seems to have been a fairly low-key event. Haven’t heard too much about this in the news.
Hope yesterday’s rain didn’t wee on their chips too much.
Maybe Monsieur Cent Trente could advise?
|Top 5 funniest games of all time - not involving Saints|
at 16:52 18 May 2019
Too many to choose from for just a Top 3:
1. Pomps 0 Sunderland 0 on Thursday. This game will be the gift that keeps giving for years to come. The shaming of a city by the toothless feckless brainless representatives of its population.
2. Liverpool 1 Real Madrid 3 in last season’s CL Final. Bale takes the mick, and then gets lauded on Twitter by Pomps’ chairman. Superb.
3. Chelsea 2 Spurs 2, three seasons ago. Chelsea stop Spurs winning the League, and Spurs should have about 6 players sent off, the title goes to Leicester.
4. Argentina 0 Cameroon 1 in 1990 World Cup. Hilarious fouling on Caniggia by the Cameroon lot, who somehow win with 9 men.
5. Pomps 1 Arsenal 5; the Terry Henry love-in. Almost as embarrassing as Thursday, but not quite.
I’m sure there are plenty of other Pomps games I could have picked.
at 13:18 17 May 2019
Appeared to have his Dan Harding moment last night, with some proper ball boy berating.
Thing is, the ball boy probably would have been more use on the pitch than Pitman. He was utterly useless.
Thoroughly enjoying this review of last night. Will be looking on the Skates board in a bit for added amusement.
at 06:43 17 May 2019
Has he been named, shamed and given a ban from attending all football yet?
|Monsieur Cent Trente|
at 22:28 16 May 2019
** Adopts best pissed Delia Smith impersonation **
COME ON!!! WHERE ARE YOU??????
|Forum Votes: ||181|
|Comment Votes: ||30|
|Prediction League: ||0|