Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This BLM bollocks 22:36 - Jun 8 with 16995 viewssaint68

Will actually create more racism in this country...

The divide will be further after all this shit than it ever was!!!

And I must admit I have had a gutfull of the loony left nutcases that have destroyed this once vibrant and humourous site.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

This BLM bollocks on 11:47 - Jun 12 with 1726 viewssaint22

This BLM bollocks on 09:13 - Jun 12 by battler

Boo fing hoo, dry your eyes you absolute drama queen.

Ironic you mention the words pathetic and lily livered and yet you are on here everyday blaming the whole of the worlds problems on the tories and anything right wing and yet the its likes of you being a snowflake and being almost offended at everything thats the problem.

Thats right adopt the abusive response when found out, as seems to be the general way of the world these days
This BLM bollocks on 11:52 - Jun 12 with 1721 viewsBison

This BLM bollocks on 11:44 - Jun 12 by Sadoldgit

Maybe we are Bison. I certainly feel like one at the moment. Mrs SOG is working from home and has a little bell that she rings when she wants a cup of tea. I am also expect to bring her lunch and make the evening meal. I am up and down the stairs like a whippet! Can’t wait for things to get back to normal ;)

LoL !!!

Sounds like you are a modern day slave , stay safe my friend.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

This BLM bollocks on 11:57 - Jun 12 with 1716 viewsbattler

This BLM bollocks on 11:47 - Jun 12 by saint22

Thats right adopt the abusive response when found out, as seems to be the general way of the world these days

Boo hoo cry me a river.

You bring it all on yourself with your constant whining...
This BLM bollocks on 12:32 - Jun 12 with 1697 viewsfranniesTache

People getting angry about statues or tv shows are pretty massively missing the point. The protesting of these things is about starting a dialogue.

And personally i think the dialogue is important, the point that BLM are trying to raise is one of systematic racism, and the TV shows and statues - like it or not - are manifestations of that. Do they need to pull down the statues or simply replace plaques? I'm not sure as i'm not directly affected by it as i'm not black (though like nearly every spanish person i do have gypsies in my family and my latin american family have black members).

The TV shows stuff i think is probably more open for debate, the question really should be does that scene/character need to exist (e.g. the Major's use of the N word in the Fawlty Towers episode people are banging on about right now) is it adding anything? Or is it just a product of a more racist time?

I see it similar to how my gran acted before she died, she had no issues using the N word in things like eeny meany miny mo, or reading us books like little black samba, neither of which is acceptable anymore (and probably wasn't in the 80s too). The fact both formed a big part of her culture and childhood didn't stop them needing to be consigned to the dustbin of history, and honestly it's made no difference to anyones life that they're gone.

The bigger problem right now is that we can't just quietly - and maybe casually - consign these things there, as we've been hyped up into some ridiculous tribal culture war that stops any real conversation on the merits and ethics of these things, and instead it's two sides shouting at each other with no middle ground to be found, and no time for more intelligent reflection.

And the truth is every single one of us is guilty of it (myself included) as that's what "debate" now looks like and we've all been dragged into the gutter by the proliferation of the American "shock jock" culture, something that was originally designed to get an audience so they could sell advertising and make revenue from polarised viewpoints meaning people phoned in.

Also for all those trying to use the Fawlty Towers thing as a false flag to chastise people it's worth knowing that many people won't have seen the episode with the scene in it that's been deemed offensive, also most John Cleese himself felt the scene should be removed, there's a perfectly good cut of the episode that removes the scene, so why was the other version even there?

[Post edited 12 Jun 2020 12:33]
This BLM bollocks on 12:38 - Jun 12 with 1688 viewssaint22

This BLM bollocks on 12:32 - Jun 12 by franniesTache

People getting angry about statues or tv shows are pretty massively missing the point. The protesting of these things is about starting a dialogue.

And personally i think the dialogue is important, the point that BLM are trying to raise is one of systematic racism, and the TV shows and statues - like it or not - are manifestations of that. Do they need to pull down the statues or simply replace plaques? I'm not sure as i'm not directly affected by it as i'm not black (though like nearly every spanish person i do have gypsies in my family and my latin american family have black members).

The TV shows stuff i think is probably more open for debate, the question really should be does that scene/character need to exist (e.g. the Major's use of the N word in the Fawlty Towers episode people are banging on about right now) is it adding anything? Or is it just a product of a more racist time?

I see it similar to how my gran acted before she died, she had no issues using the N word in things like eeny meany miny mo, or reading us books like little black samba, neither of which is acceptable anymore (and probably wasn't in the 80s too). The fact both formed a big part of her culture and childhood didn't stop them needing to be consigned to the dustbin of history, and honestly it's made no difference to anyones life that they're gone.

The bigger problem right now is that we can't just quietly - and maybe casually - consign these things there, as we've been hyped up into some ridiculous tribal culture war that stops any real conversation on the merits and ethics of these things, and instead it's two sides shouting at each other with no middle ground to be found, and no time for more intelligent reflection.

And the truth is every single one of us is guilty of it (myself included) as that's what "debate" now looks like and we've all been dragged into the gutter by the proliferation of the American "shock jock" culture, something that was originally designed to get an audience so they could sell advertising and make revenue from polarised viewpoints meaning people phoned in.

Also for all those trying to use the Fawlty Towers thing as a false flag to chastise people it's worth knowing that many people won't have seen the episode with the scene in it that's been deemed offensive, also most John Cleese himself felt the scene should be removed, there's a perfectly good cut of the episode that removes the scene, so why was the other version even there?

That is a quite brilliant post Frannies and exactly the point
We cannot as a supposedly civil society stand back and say no, ignore the issue, say it doesn't affect me and so on. Its about change and realising not everything that went before applies to now, its about educating ourselves and each other and not stamping our feet and shouting why should i? If you disagree then keep it to yourself and work out why you don't think its important to recognise what needs to change right now, if not for yourself for the children and the future
This BLM bollocks on 13:35 - Jun 12 with 1667 viewsDorsetIan

This BLM bollocks on 12:32 - Jun 12 by franniesTache

The thing about the Major scene is that it is a brilliant and therefore very funny satire of a particular sort of British attitude. The Major is an always half-drunk figure of fun, but also always smartly dressed and presumably very 'respectable' as far as that conservative group is concerned. To see him getting very cross that the wrong racist term is being used to describe the Indian cricket team is funny. But the joke is entirely on him and the racists of that generation like him.

I'm less worried about that - because of the clear anti-racist context - than about statues celebrating slave traders, where their racism is just accepted and not challenged or mocked.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

This BLM bollocks on 13:47 - Jun 12 with 1655 viewssaint22

This BLM bollocks on 13:35 - Jun 12 by DorsetIan

The thing about the Major scene is that it is a brilliant and therefore very funny satire of a particular sort of British attitude. The Major is an always half-drunk figure of fun, but also always smartly dressed and presumably very 'respectable' as far as that conservative group is concerned. To see him getting very cross that the wrong racist term is being used to describe the Indian cricket team is funny. But the joke is entirely on him and the racists of that generation like him.

I'm less worried about that - because of the clear anti-racist context - than about statues celebrating slave traders, where their racism is just accepted and not challenged or mocked.

And for all those struggling with ‘endemic’ and ‘systemic’

https://apple.news/ARhcDL0DdRV2-R-3pfCejkg
This BLM bollocks on 13:52 - Jun 12 with 1651 viewsfranniesTache

This BLM bollocks on 13:35 - Jun 12 by DorsetIan

Yeah i get the point about the major scene, and to be honest that whole episode is my favourite Fawlty Towers episode, but i just wonder if it adds enough to the episode to be deemed necessary? Like i say that's not for me to say really as i'm not directly affected by it. But my own opinion is it it's not worse without it so i don't see any real harm being caused by removing it.
Login to get fewer ads

This BLM bollocks on 14:07 - Jun 12 with 1625 viewsBicester_North

This BLM bollocks on 12:38 - Jun 12 by saint22

That is a quite brilliant post Frannies and exactly the point
We cannot as a supposedly civil society stand back and say no, ignore the issue, say it doesn't affect me and so on. Its about change and realising not everything that went before applies to now, its about educating ourselves and each other and not stamping our feet and shouting why should i? If you disagree then keep it to yourself and work out why you don't think its important to recognise what needs to change right now, if not for yourself for the children and the future

What needs to change “right now” then, and how should it happen?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

This BLM bollocks on 14:15 - Jun 12 with 1619 viewsfranniesTache

This BLM bollocks on 14:07 - Jun 12 by Bicester_North

There's a huge list of things that need to change right now, but i'd guess the most pressing to be stopped would be that people of colour are more likely than every other group to be stopped and searched; arrested; killed in custody; stopped whilst driving; turned down for jobs, amongst other things.
This BLM bollocks on 14:39 - Jun 12 with 1609 viewsDorsetIan

This BLM bollocks on 13:52 - Jun 12 by franniesTache

Yeah i get the point about the major scene, and to be honest that whole episode is my favourite Fawlty Towers episode, but i just wonder if it adds enough to the episode to be deemed necessary? Like i say that's not for me to say really as i'm not directly affected by it. But my own opinion is it it's not worse without it so i don't see any real harm being caused by removing it.

I'm with you on that. Don't see the harm in erring on the side of caution for most of these things. And would rather a few non-racist things got swept up as collateral damage if we need a broad brush to make sure that all the clearly racist stuff is binned more quickly.

This BLM bollocks on 14:41 - Jun 12 with 1607 viewsBoris_

This BLM bollocks on 14:15 - Jun 12 by franniesTache

There's a huge list of things that need to change right now, but i'd guess the most pressing to be stopped would be that people of colour are more likely than every other group to be stopped and searched; arrested; killed in custody; stopped whilst driving; turned down for jobs, amongst other things.

Which ones of those are genuinely disproportionate and for some of them that are, are they justified, even to some extent?

Genuine question?

Poll: Claude Puel

This BLM bollocks on 15:36 - Jun 12 with 1586 viewsBicester_North

This BLM bollocks on 14:15 - Jun 12 by franniesTache

Fair enough, can’t deny stop and search is heavily weighted on black people, is that because a large percentage live in London and that’s where stop and search is used most?
Also the particular high crime areas in London have a high percentage of black people so more likely to be stopped?
As black people are most likely to be murdered by other black people, could it b said that stop and search where a weapon is found actually saves black lives?
Isn’t policing focused on areas where crime is being committed, so that will have a big impact.

White people who have been arrested are actually 25% more likely to die in custody than black people who have been arrested, but black people are over twice as likely to die with police contact overall

Jobs I’m not sure about, how could you ever say someone was not hired just because they were black and no other factors were included? (Im sure it does happen, but how much?)

Also what about the absent father issue, which several black community leaders have highlighted as a big problem? Poor male role models and the likelihood of ending up in gangs as a result, and increased risk of mental health issues.

This BLM bollocks on 15:51 - Jun 12 with 1572 viewssaint22

This BLM bollocks on 14:07 - Jun 12 by Bicester_North

I would say the negative response of a large number of people on here towards the BLM causes gives you an indication of one thing that needs to change "right now" and anyone with any moral compass knows there are many other things that need looking at and changing too
This BLM bollocks on 15:56 - Jun 12 with 1568 viewsBicester_North

This BLM bollocks on 15:51 - Jun 12 by saint22

I would say the negative response of a large number of people on here towards the BLM causes gives you an indication of one thing that needs to change "right now" and anyone with any moral compass knows there are many other things that need looking at and changing too

So a paragraph of waffle with no answers from you, except what’s said on a Saints mongboard by a handful.

This BLM bollocks on 16:10 - Jun 12 with 1551 viewssaint22

This BLM bollocks on 15:56 - Jun 12 by Bicester_North

So a paragraph of waffle with no answers from you, except what’s said on a Saints mongboard by a handful.

You are answering your own question pal
This BLM bollocks on 17:41 - Jun 12 with 1514 viewssaint68

This BLM bollocks is now causing massive division and ridiculous behaviour by idiots who seek to destroy this country's history...over this coming weekend we will see scenes that will further escalate a rise in racial tensions....it certainly isn't going to be the pipe dream of cohesion and understanding that some thought might occur.

And hats of to the idiot mayor of London who labelled patriotic men and woman who were to descend on London to ensure no more vandalism of our heritage as RIGHT WING EXTREMISTS 😂🤣😂🤣 Talk about adding fuel to the fire!!!

This BLM bollocks on 17:51 - Jun 12 with 1508 viewsSadoldgit

This BLM bollocks on 17:41 - Jun 12 by saint68

This BLM bollocks is now causing massive division and ridiculous behaviour by idiots who seek to destroy this country's history...over this coming weekend we will see scenes that will further escalate a rise in racial tensions....it certainly isn't going to be the pipe dream of cohesion and understanding that some thought might occur.

And hats of to the idiot mayor of London who labelled patriotic men and woman who were to descend on London to ensure no more vandalism of our heritage as RIGHT WING EXTREMISTS 😂🤣😂🤣 Talk about adding fuel to the fire!!!

So right wing extremists good, left wing extremists bad?

Are you aquainted with George Orwell?
[Post edited 12 Jun 2020 18:22]
This BLM bollocks on 18:05 - Jun 12 with 1501 viewsDorsetIan

This BLM bollocks on 17:41 - Jun 12 by saint68

It's pretty clear that (a) you don't believe that there's a racism issue to address and (b) even if there is, you're quite happy for things to stay EXACTLY as they are.

When you complain that in your opinion BLM will make things worse, it's not because you want things to improve, it's because you want things to stay exactly as they are.

BLM is not for you. It's for those who know there's a problem and want to bring about change. And maybe BLM will get things wrong but it won't be for the want of trying.

This BLM bollocks on 19:34 - Jun 12 with 1442 viewssaint68

I see dumb and dumber the omnipresent bastions of minority rule are as per usual..saturating the forum...here's one for you boys ...brenda, gladys,Arthur, Michael and the rest of the very silent but gracious and thankful residents of this country are livid at the removal of their favourite programmes by little flouncy fuktards like you....they simply want to watch their favourite things on tv and honestly dont give a flying fuk about your pathetic attempt to eradicate their history....so carry on being offended ( Sid James would annihilate you bell-ends🤣😂🤣😂😁)...you two and your ilk are pathetic little moaners that wont get what you want....you will actually see a massive resurgence of national pride and as a consequence the very thing you strive for will be far harder to achieve than you ever imagined.

So dry your eyes , you bubble blowing babies.

All lives matter😁💞💕🥂

This BLM bollocks on 20:23 - Jun 12 with 1402 viewsSadoldgit

This BLM bollocks on 19:34 - Jun 12 by saint68

I see dumb and dumber the omnipresent bastions of minority rule are as per usual..saturating the forum...here's one for you boys ...brenda, gladys,Arthur, Michael and the rest of the very silent but gracious and thankful residents of this country are livid at the removal of their favourite programmes by little flouncy fuktards like you....they simply want to watch their favourite things on tv and honestly dont give a flying fuk about your pathetic attempt to eradicate their history....so carry on being offended ( Sid James would annihilate you bell-ends🤣😂🤣😂😁)...you two and your ilk are pathetic little moaners that wont get what you want....you will actually see a massive resurgence of national pride and as a consequence the very thing you strive for will be far harder to achieve than you ever imagined.

So dry your eyes , you bubble blowing babies.

All lives matter😁💞💕🥂

I thought that you had made your point and had given up?
This BLM bollocks on 23:47 - Jun 12 with 1336 viewsDorsetIan

This BLM bollocks on 20:23 - Jun 12 by Sadoldgit

I thought that you had made your point and had given up?

He absolutely loves a rant. And an emoji or two. It’s quite endearing in a crazy-nationalist sort of way.

This BLM bollocks on 13:09 - Jun 13 with 1254 viewskentsouthampton

How to talk bollocks about Black Lives Matter
9th June 2020

DETERMINED to have an opinion about Black Lives Matter protests but woefully ill-informed? Share these moronic opinions:

White lives matter

Well, yes, but crucially nobody is saying they don’t. While US police murdering black people with inpunity kind of makes a stong statement in the other direction. It’s like ending slavery for white people was never that big a deal.

I don’t understand what all the fuss is about

Trivialise racism and grievances about Windrush by pretending to be spectacularly thick and unobservant. Things like: ‘If you ask me, they’ve got too much time on their hands and need jobs’ are perfect in these COVID times.r

Black people did slavery too

So if everyone does shit it’s fine? It’s fine to not pay tax because Al Capone didn’t? See how far that gets you, as your weary solicitor rolls their eyes and thinks about lunch.

Get yourself over to Mail Online

Sick of people in real life discussing BLM in a considered way? There’s none of that in the anonymised cesspit which is Daily Mail comments. Log on NOW and demand all protesters are tied to posts and used for bayonet practise by the army.

White people suffer racism too

Do they bollocks. Granted, there’s the odd nasty incident, but you’re not arsed about making a serious point because your loopy definition of racism is someone on Twitter using the word ‘gammon’.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2020 13:10]
This BLM bollocks on 14:05 - Jun 13 with 1232 viewsBicester_North

This BLM bollocks on 13:09 - Jun 13 by kentsouthampton

How to talk bollocks about Black Lives Matter
9th June 2020

DETERMINED to have an opinion about Black Lives Matter protests but woefully ill-informed? Share these moronic opinions:

White lives matter

Well, yes, but crucially nobody is saying they don’t. While US police murdering black people with inpunity kind of makes a stong statement in the other direction. It’s like ending slavery for white people was never that big a deal.

I don’t understand what all the fuss is about

Trivialise racism and grievances about Windrush by pretending to be spectacularly thick and unobservant. Things like: ‘If you ask me, they’ve got too much time on their hands and need jobs’ are perfect in these COVID times.r

Black people did slavery too

So if everyone does shit it’s fine? It’s fine to not pay tax because Al Capone didn’t? See how far that gets you, as your weary solicitor rolls their eyes and thinks about lunch.

Get yourself over to Mail Online

Sick of people in real life discussing BLM in a considered way? There’s none of that in the anonymised cesspit which is Daily Mail comments. Log on NOW and demand all protesters are tied to posts and used for bayonet practise by the army.

White people suffer racism too

Do they bollocks. Granted, there’s the odd nasty incident, but you’re not arsed about making a serious point because your loopy definition of racism is someone on Twitter using the word ‘gammon’.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2020 13:10]

You’ve got some front, Portsmouth supporters have been turning a blind eye to racism for years.
Or actively participating in it.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2020 14:06]

This BLM bollocks on 16:14 - Jun 13 with 1189 viewsSadoldgit

This BLM bollocks on 23:47 - Jun 12 by DorsetIan

He absolutely loves a rant. And an emoji or two. It’s quite endearing in a crazy-nationalist sort of way.

At least it keeps him off the street frightening small children and animals ;)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024