Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kloppy is such a heartwarming man 17:40 - Jul 4 with 1907 viewskingslandstand1

I see he has said that unless every squad player gets a medal, even with just one game all season, he will give his medal away. I thought it used to be 12 games, but it seems now it's 5
No doubt the rules will be changed to suit them
Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 23:37 - Jul 5 with 544 viewsBicester_North

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 23:20 - Jul 5 by Sadoldgit

I really don’t understand what the problem is. Football is a squad game now. Why do people have a problem with the squad getting medals when the squad wins the league or a cup? It doesn’t affect anyone here at all yet they would deny someone else a chance to have recognition of their contribution to an overall team achievement.

They all work together in training. They all contribute to what happens on the pitch each week even if they don’t play.

Because it gives lazy footballers on big money another excuse to pick up their wages without striving to do their best every week.
If I was a player who was busting my bollocks week in week out and there was a big time Charlie who couldn’t be arsed (every team has at least one), sitting in the reserves, I’d be pissed off if he picked up a medal the same as me, even if he was left out due to lack of effort.

Prem Footballers have less and less to be Incentivised about, the medals are a thing that could still provide that incentive to try their hardest.

There will be some who are still trying hard but don’t get in the team, but it’s dog eat dog and mostly those that put a proper shift in will get the most appearances.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 23:38]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 11:09 - Jul 6 with 502 viewsBison

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 17:46 - Jul 5 by Sadoldgit

Or we might have won it more convincingly in normal time? We shall never know.

Only you could criticise Sir Alf for winning the World Cup just to TRY and prove your point, well done mate , you do make me smile.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 11:57 - Jul 6 with 471 viewsSadoldgit

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 11:09 - Jul 6 by Bison

Only you could criticise Sir Alf for winning the World Cup just to TRY and prove your point, well done mate , you do make me smile.

How have you managed to turn that comment into criticism of Alf? All I am saying is that if he had picked a different team the result would probably have been different, either for better or worse. We can’t assume we wouldn’t have won it if Paine had played can we?
Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 12:01 - Jul 6 with 470 viewsBison

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 11:57 - Jul 6 by Sadoldgit

How have you managed to turn that comment into criticism of Alf? All I am saying is that if he had picked a different team the result would probably have been different, either for better or worse. We can’t assume we wouldn’t have won it if Paine had played can we?

Jimmy Greaves would of scored 6

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 12:22 - Jul 6 with 455 viewsSadoldgit

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 12:01 - Jul 6 by Bison

Jimmy Greaves would of scored 6

Maybe 😂
Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 13:19 - Jul 6 with 444 viewsGasGiant

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 23:20 - Jul 5 by Sadoldgit

I really don’t understand what the problem is. Football is a squad game now. Why do people have a problem with the squad getting medals when the squad wins the league or a cup? It doesn’t affect anyone here at all yet they would deny someone else a chance to have recognition of their contribution to an overall team achievement.

They all work together in training. They all contribute to what happens on the pitch each week even if they don’t play.

...and if you're out on loan or injured for most of the season and come back in for the last month even though you don't get a game except maybe to sit as an unused sub do you get a medal? How about when you start the season in the squad then sign for someone else at Christmas - do you still get a medal from your old club because you were in the squad for some of the time? THe idea of handing out medals like sweets devalues them for those who have put most in. You don't get a free VC just because you happened to be next to the guy in the trenches who did something heroic. You can't just say "I was in his platoon, don't I get one too?" That's the same thing.
Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 14:53 - Jul 6 with 414 viewsSadoldgit

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 13:19 - Jul 6 by GasGiant

...and if you're out on loan or injured for most of the season and come back in for the last month even though you don't get a game except maybe to sit as an unused sub do you get a medal? How about when you start the season in the squad then sign for someone else at Christmas - do you still get a medal from your old club because you were in the squad for some of the time? THe idea of handing out medals like sweets devalues them for those who have put most in. You don't get a free VC just because you happened to be next to the guy in the trenches who did something heroic. You can't just say "I was in his platoon, don't I get one too?" That's the same thing.

Of course you don’t get a medal if you sign for another club, unless they win something. Where do you fairly draw the line? Someone could play a massive part in 4 games and not get anything. Someone might play most of the games but be bang average but they get one. Many teams rotate their squads. How do you work out who is the most deserving of you only get say 15 medals to hand out? It wasn’t that long ago the manager/coach didn’t get a medal. Should they? They don’t play at all.
Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 15:15 - Jul 6 with 405 viewsBison

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 14:53 - Jul 6 by Sadoldgit

Of course you don’t get a medal if you sign for another club, unless they win something. Where do you fairly draw the line? Someone could play a massive part in 4 games and not get anything. Someone might play most of the games but be bang average but they get one. Many teams rotate their squads. How do you work out who is the most deserving of you only get say 15 medals to hand out? It wasn’t that long ago the manager/coach didn’t get a medal. Should they? They don’t play at all.

The PL does not decide who gets medals ( apart from the 5 appearance criteria ) . City got 40 medals last year and it's the club that decides who gets them whether its players coaches etc...

The max squad size is 25 players so Liverpool if they want to could ensure everyone of those players fulfill the criteria as they have enough games left to ensure they all play 5 games.

Klopp is a whinging publicity seeking tw@t.

Login to get fewer ads

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 15:37 - Jul 6 with 382 viewsBison

As the under 21's don't count as part of the 25 which of these deserve a medal for being contributing to winning what is generally regarded as the best league in the world , the peak of a players career ?

Name
Trent Alexander-Arnold 2880' 33 32 1 4 3 4 - -
Roberto Firmino 2653' 33 30 3 17 8 - - -
Virgil van Dijk 2970' 33 33 - - 4 1 - -
Georginio Wijnaldum 2538' 32 30 2 12 3 - - -
Andrew Robertson 2709' 31 30 1 4 1 2 - -
Sadio Mané 2433' 30 28 2 11 16 2 - -
Jordan Henderson 2164' 29 25 4 9 3 2 - -
Mohamed Salah 2520' 29 29 - 11 17 1 - -
Divock Origi 629' 25 6 19 6 3 1 - -
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain 1283' 25 14 11 14 3 1 - -
Alisson 2095' 24 24 - 1 - - - 1
Fabinho 1775' 24 19 5 1 2 5 - -
Joe Gomez 1549' 23 17 6 1 - 4 - -
James Milner 802' 19 8 11 2 2 4 - -
Adam Lallana 373' 15 3 12 3 1 1 - -
Naby Keïta 552' 13 6 7 5 1 1 - -
Adrián 873' 11 9 2 - - 1 - -
Dejan Lovren 777' 10 9 1 1 - 1 - -
Joel Matip 703' 9 8 1 1 1 - - -
Takumi Minamino 144' 6 1 5 1 - - - -
Xherdan Shaqiri 174' 6 2 4 1 1 - - -
Curtis Jones 24' 3 - 3 - 1 - - -
Neco Williams 30' 3 - 3 - - - - -
Harvey Elliott 6' 2 - 2 - - - - -
Rhian Brewster - - - - - - - - -
Ki-Jana Hoever - - - - - - - - -
Caoimhin Kelleher - - - - - - - - -
Andy Lonergan - - - - - - - - -
Nathan Phillips - - - - - - - - -
Jack Bearne - - - - - - - - -
Morgan Boyes - - - - - - - - -
Jake Cain - - - - - - - - -
Isaac Christie-Davies - - - - - - - - -
Leighton Clarkson - - - - - - - - -
Elijah Dixon-Bonner - - - - - - - - -
Tony Gallacher - - - - - - - - -
Marko Grujić - - - - - - - - -
Joe Hardy - - - - - - - - -
Loris Karius - - - - - - - - -
Billy Koumetio - - - - - - - - -
Adam Lewis - - - - - - - - -
Liam Millar - - - - - - - - -
James Norris - - - - - - - - -
Sheyi Ojo - - - - - - - - -
Sepp van den Berg - - - - - - - - -
Ben Woodburn - - - - - - - - -

Perhaps Harvey Elliot his 2 games and massive 6 minutes on the field , perhaps they should build a statue of him outside The Kop ?

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 16:13 - Jul 6 with 373 viewsSadoldgit

Is it 5 appearances as in games or do sub appearances count? Could you play 4 full matches and not get a medal yet get 5 appearances as a last minute sub and get a medal?
Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 16:19 - Jul 6 with 370 viewsBison

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 16:13 - Jul 6 by Sadoldgit

Is it 5 appearances as in games or do sub appearances count? Could you play 4 full matches and not get a medal yet get 5 appearances as a last minute sub and get a medal?

Yes but like I say the club gets 40 medals the club can give the 4 game player a medal if they want. If Klopp was that worried just put him on the bench and bring him on for a minute. They have won the title and now there is even 5 subs.

He is picking the team so if he thinks a player deserves a medal , play him. The fact some players are not getting picked suggests they are not good enough , I don't agree with rewards by association . The same thing has happened with England caps over the years , players who should be nowhere near the England team have been given caps.

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 16:48 - Jul 6 with 365 viewsSadoldgit

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 16:19 - Jul 6 by Bison

Yes but like I say the club gets 40 medals the club can give the 4 game player a medal if they want. If Klopp was that worried just put him on the bench and bring him on for a minute. They have won the title and now there is even 5 subs.

He is picking the team so if he thinks a player deserves a medal , play him. The fact some players are not getting picked suggests they are not good enough , I don't agree with rewards by association . The same thing has happened with England caps over the years , players who should be nowhere near the England team have been given caps.

It sounds like although the squad is 25 and you can get up to 40 medals (???) you can’t give a medal to a player who has played less than 5 games. How does that work? Where did 40 come from? Does the kit man get one? As Klopp pointed out, you could be the back up goalkeeper and have to be fit and ready to play at any time but not get a game. Aren’t they worthy of a medal? It’s a no brainer. Give all squad members a medal. I think this has more to do with Klopp than medal distribution. If a miracle happened and we won the league, wouldn’t you want the whole of our 25 man squad to be recognised?
Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 17:02 - Jul 6 with 361 viewsBison

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 16:48 - Jul 6 by Sadoldgit

It sounds like although the squad is 25 and you can get up to 40 medals (???) you can’t give a medal to a player who has played less than 5 games. How does that work? Where did 40 come from? Does the kit man get one? As Klopp pointed out, you could be the back up goalkeeper and have to be fit and ready to play at any time but not get a game. Aren’t they worthy of a medal? It’s a no brainer. Give all squad members a medal. I think this has more to do with Klopp than medal distribution. If a miracle happened and we won the league, wouldn’t you want the whole of our 25 man squad to be recognised?

Look at the Liverpool squad I posted earlier , there are 48 players on there. Of the players who have actually kicked a ball , well I'm not sure that some even touched the ball , in a premier game only 3 do not qualify with only 2 or 3 games so far. Klopp can play them if he likes to qualify or he can dish the medals out as he sees fit as only 20 odd players currently qualify and they get given 40 medals.

As for if Saints won the PL no I wouldn't dish a medal out to players who never played , medals need to be earnt , you will see some of those Liverpool players who don't make the grade and become bricklayers or something yet they have a PL winners medal , in years to come they can show there kids who then check YouTube for clipses of Daddy playing for Liverpool the year they won the title but can't find anything.

Perhaps the crowd each get a medal for being the 12th man when that vital game was won in the 90th minute , potentially they had more impact on winning the title then some 18 year old kid who never played , see my point ?

As for goalkeeps both Adrian and Allison qualify so he must be referring to Loris Karius who cost them the Chamions League and has not played since , yeah give him a medal LoL !!!!
[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 17:22]

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 17:30 - Jul 6 with 351 viewsSadoldgit

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 17:02 - Jul 6 by Bison

Look at the Liverpool squad I posted earlier , there are 48 players on there. Of the players who have actually kicked a ball , well I'm not sure that some even touched the ball , in a premier game only 3 do not qualify with only 2 or 3 games so far. Klopp can play them if he likes to qualify or he can dish the medals out as he sees fit as only 20 odd players currently qualify and they get given 40 medals.

As for if Saints won the PL no I wouldn't dish a medal out to players who never played , medals need to be earnt , you will see some of those Liverpool players who don't make the grade and become bricklayers or something yet they have a PL winners medal , in years to come they can show there kids who then check YouTube for clipses of Daddy playing for Liverpool the year they won the title but can't find anything.

Perhaps the crowd each get a medal for being the 12th man when that vital game was won in the 90th minute , potentially they had more impact on winning the title then some 18 year old kid who never played , see my point ?

As for goalkeeps both Adrian and Allison qualify so he must be referring to Loris Karius who cost them the Chamions League and has not played since , yeah give him a medal LoL !!!!
[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 17:22]

I thought you could only name a 25 man squad, in which case what is the problem? He is arguing that every member of the first team squad (25) should get a medal. Given that the 5 match rule seems to be so arbitrary (why 5? Why not 4,6 or 10?) where is the harm in giving all 25 squad members a medal.Does the manager get a medal? Klopp has not played 5 matches.

This is not something I am going to lose any sleep over, but if they are happy to dish out up to 40 medals to a club I would expect the first 25 to go to the squad.
Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 17:37 - Jul 6 with 347 viewsBison

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 17:30 - Jul 6 by Sadoldgit

I thought you could only name a 25 man squad, in which case what is the problem? He is arguing that every member of the first team squad (25) should get a medal. Given that the 5 match rule seems to be so arbitrary (why 5? Why not 4,6 or 10?) where is the harm in giving all 25 squad members a medal.Does the manager get a medal? Klopp has not played 5 matches.

This is not something I am going to lose any sleep over, but if they are happy to dish out up to 40 medals to a club I would expect the first 25 to go to the squad.

they can if they want , every player who plays 5 games is guaranteed a medal so if 50 players played 5 game the PL gives them more medals. The others are dished out by the club so yes Liverpool can give all 25 a medal like you suggest , Klopp is just being a tw@t no other winning team as cried they don't have enough medals.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024