Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid Figures Exaggerated 09:19 - Jul 19 with 19278 viewsBoris_

Who would have thought it?

Scotland and Wales classing anyone who had Covid with in 28 days of dying as a Covid death, regardless of their actual cause of death.

In England, we are classing anyone who has ever tested positive for Covid as a covid death. So someone could have have tested positive in February and get run over by a bus today, and they will be added to the list of Covid deaths.

As I have said all along, the numbers are fabricated and exaggerated. History will show that we performed as well, if not better than most of the large European countries ( which will upset some on here )

Cancer Research UK are predicting that the lack of urgent care and referrals could contribute up to 35,000 excess deaths as well.

Heart conditions etc also contributing to excess deaths.

The truth is unraveling.

Poll: Claude Puel

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 14:04 - Jul 28 with 1366 viewsSadoldgit

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 12:57 - Jul 28 by Boris_

You don't understand the concept of policing by consent, do you?

You're a bit thick, aren't you? How can you possibly be an old age pensioner and have the wisdom and common sense of a 12 year old?

Why tell the country that they will be fined £100 if they don’t wear a mask in shops if they are not going to be fined £100 for not wearing a mask in shops?

This has nothing to do with policing by consent and everything to do with sending a mixed message.

And you say I’m thick!
Covid Figures Exaggerated on 14:46 - Jul 28 with 1341 viewsBoris_

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 14:04 - Jul 28 by Sadoldgit

Why tell the country that they will be fined £100 if they don’t wear a mask in shops if they are not going to be fined £100 for not wearing a mask in shops?

This has nothing to do with policing by consent and everything to do with sending a mixed message.

And you say I’m thick!

What would YOU do then Soppy? What is your master plan? How would you police the wearing of masks? Are you going to Diane Abbotts school of Police Recruiting and going to hire 500,000 more officers?

It's pretty clear to anyone who isn't a little bed wetting pansy that the Government are directing people to wear masks in shops etc and if you don't you 'could' be liable for a fine.

Just as you 'could' be liable for a fine when, littering, shouting and a million other things, however the policy on these is normally policing by consent and only at a last resort will you actually be fined.

What don't you understand about that?

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 15:26 - Jul 28 with 1321 viewsJaySaint

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 14:46 - Jul 28 by Boris_

What would YOU do then Soppy? What is your master plan? How would you police the wearing of masks? Are you going to Diane Abbotts school of Police Recruiting and going to hire 500,000 more officers?

It's pretty clear to anyone who isn't a little bed wetting pansy that the Government are directing people to wear masks in shops etc and if you don't you 'could' be liable for a fine.

Just as you 'could' be liable for a fine when, littering, shouting and a million other things, however the policy on these is normally policing by consent and only at a last resort will you actually be fined.

Sadoldgit is absolutely the person who goes to the beach and complaines that everyone has gone to the beach

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 16:50 - Jul 28 with 1294 views1ASIN12

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 15:26 - Jul 28 by JaySaint

Sadoldgit is absolutely the person who goes to the beach and complaines that everyone has gone to the beach

And don't forget going to the pub then moaning that other people were in the pub - on the 1st day of re-opening.
Covid Figures Exaggerated on 17:16 - Jul 28 with 1275 viewsJaySaint

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 16:50 - Jul 28 by 1ASIN12

And don't forget going to the pub then moaning that other people were in the pub - on the 1st day of re-opening.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 17:19 - Jul 28 with 1271 viewsBoris_

He's definitely an oddball. I very much doubt he has a wife and if he does, she must be sick to death of him. What an absolute bore soppy is.

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 18:20 - Jul 28 with 1231 viewsChesham_Saint

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 17:19 - Jul 28 by Boris_

He's definitely an oddball. I very much doubt he has a wife and if he does, she must be sick to death of him. What an absolute bore soppy is.

Point of order. Since when can't oddballs have wives? With that logic, most of the contributors on here would be spending half their monthly disposable income on Kleenex, FFS!

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 20:54 - Jul 28 with 1189 views1885_SFC

Classic

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 08:42 - Jul 29 with 1108 viewsBoris_

Soppy doesn't want to reply. Funny that.

I see a GMB poll this morning on 'Should you or your boss decide when you return to the office' and 60% of the voters say it should be up to the employee to decide when they want to come back and not their bosses.

A snapshot of the problem we have with left-wing extremists in this country.

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 10:39 - Jul 29 with 1074 viewsDorsetIan

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 08:42 - Jul 29 by Boris_

I see a GMB poll this morning on 'Should you or your boss decide when you return to the office' and 60% of the voters say it should be up to the employee to decide when they want to come back and not their bosses.

Are you calling the 60% 'left-wing extremists'?

Speaking as an enlightened modern employer, what rights (if any) should workers have?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Covid Figures Exaggerated (n/t) on 10:42 - Jul 29 with 1074 viewsDorsetIan

[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 10:44]

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 10:47 - Jul 29 with 1067 viewsSadoldgit

Moaning that other people were in the pub 😂. Nicely twisted. Doris would be proud of you!
Covid Figures Exaggerated on 10:49 - Jul 29 with 1066 viewsSadoldgit

Please provide evidence that the people not wishing to return to work until their safety can be ensured are “left wing extremists”.
Covid Figures Exaggerated on 10:52 - Jul 29 with 1060 viewsSadoldgit

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 14:46 - Jul 28 by Boris_

It really isn’t difficult Doris, although you seem to share your hero’s inability to sort anything out properly. Just don’t sell products in shops to people without masks on.

I’m glad you aren’t a manager anywhere important. Nothing would ever get done.
Covid Figures Exaggerated on 10:56 - Jul 29 with 1051 viewsBoris_

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 10:39 - Jul 29 by DorsetIan

Are you calling the 60% 'left-wing extremists'?

Speaking as an enlightened modern employer, what rights (if any) should workers have?

Employees certainly shouldn't be the ones deciding whether they should go to work or not. ( Well not if they expect paying )

If the employer has made his workplace Covid secure as per the government guidelines then it's up to them if they want their team to come back to work.

If someone catches Covid-19 and risks were not mitigated by the employer then they should be sued... in exactly the same process that would happen with any Health and Safety negligence.

What a bunch of babies you and soppy are. Does mummy still breast feed you?
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 11:00]

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 11:00 - Jul 29 with 1048 viewsBoris_

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 10:52 - Jul 29 by Sadoldgit

It really isn’t difficult Doris, although you seem to share your hero’s inability to sort anything out properly. Just don’t sell products in shops to people without masks on.

I’m glad you aren’t a manager anywhere important. Nothing would ever get done.

So your solution is to not sell products in shops to people without masks on.

How will you enforce this? Are you expecting Sheila the cashier to police it? Or are you recruiting a zillion police officers?

Not sure your McDonalds cleaning job gives you authority of an opinion on this Soppy. Get back in your lane.

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 11:34 - Jul 29 with 1035 viewsDorsetIan

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 10:56 - Jul 29 by Boris_

Employees certainly shouldn't be the ones deciding whether they should go to work or not. ( Well not if they expect paying )

If the employer has made his workplace Covid secure as per the government guidelines then it's up to them if they want their team to come back to work.

If someone catches Covid-19 and risks were not mitigated by the employer then they should be sued... in exactly the same process that would happen with any Health and Safety negligence.

What a bunch of babies you and soppy are. Does mummy still breast feed you?
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 11:00]

OK leaflet-offence-boy, I only asked you a question.

If it's possible for you to be sensible for a second, isn't the issue here that if an employee doesn't trust that their employer has put in in place the necessary Covid mitigation (most employees will have a feel for whether their employer is a tw@t or not (I'm sure yours will)) then telling them that they can sue if they catch Covid isn't really going to cut it for them.

Similarly, the circumstances of the employee are quite relevant aren't they? If the person is elderly or living with elderly or at risk family members they might take a different view of the risks to their employer.

Employees must have a right of refusal if they genuinely fear for their safety.

Interesting that you see such things are evidence of 'left wing extremism'. I suppose when you're as far to the right as you are then everyone appears like Lenin to you.

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 11:59 - Jul 29 with 1017 viewsBoris_

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 11:34 - Jul 29 by DorsetIan

OK leaflet-offence-boy, I only asked you a question.

If it's possible for you to be sensible for a second, isn't the issue here that if an employee doesn't trust that their employer has put in in place the necessary Covid mitigation (most employees will have a feel for whether their employer is a tw@t or not (I'm sure yours will)) then telling them that they can sue if they catch Covid isn't really going to cut it for them.

Similarly, the circumstances of the employee are quite relevant aren't they? If the person is elderly or living with elderly or at risk family members they might take a different view of the risks to their employer.

Employees must have a right of refusal if they genuinely fear for their safety.

Interesting that you see such things are evidence of 'left wing extremism'. I suppose when you're as far to the right as you are then everyone appears like Lenin to you.

It was a pretty stupid question you asked and I assume you ask it as someone who has spent his life as a junior nobody and have no experience in running a BUSINESS?

If you did have experience then you'd know how ludicrous it would be to allow employees to demand to be able to work from home and have a right of refusal.

It is up to the employer to ensure their staff are safe, whether that's from Covid or a box falling on their head, or putting the right fire prevention and escape systems in place etc. If employers get it wrong, there are huge penalties and even imprisonment as a result!

If an employee decides they don't want to go in to work, then it's up to them but they can't expect to be paid. If their fears that their workplace isn't safe are warranted and there is proof to that effect, they won't have a problem winning an unfair/constructive dismissal case in a tribunal.

You can't just transfer management of the BUSINESS over to the employees and let them decide if they want to come to work or not, whilst still expecting pay.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 12:01]

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 12:20 - Jul 29 with 1007 viewsDorsetIan

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 11:59 - Jul 29 by Boris_

It was a pretty stupid question you asked and I assume you ask it as someone who has spent his life as a junior nobody and have no experience in running a BUSINESS?

If you did have experience then you'd know how ludicrous it would be to allow employees to demand to be able to work from home and have a right of refusal.

It is up to the employer to ensure their staff are safe, whether that's from Covid or a box falling on their head, or putting the right fire prevention and escape systems in place etc. If employers get it wrong, there are huge penalties and even imprisonment as a result!

If an employee decides they don't want to go in to work, then it's up to them but they can't expect to be paid. If their fears that their workplace isn't safe are warranted and there is proof to that effect, they won't have a problem winning an unfair/constructive dismissal case in a tribunal.

You can't just transfer management of the BUSINESS over to the employees and let them decide if they want to come to work or not, whilst still expecting pay.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 12:01]

I don't need lessons from you in employment law, thanks.

The point - which you fail (as usual) to grasp - is that these are somewhat extraordinary times, so comparing a box falling on someone's head is as silly as your usual stuff.

And the original question was this: "Speaking as an enlightened modern employer, what rights (if any) should workers have?" I was interested to know where you would draw the line. Perhaps you think it's stupid (or 'left wing extremism') because it's stupid to think of workers as having any rights? Is that your view Mr Scrooge?

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 12:28 - Jul 29 with 1004 viewsBoris_

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 12:20 - Jul 29 by DorsetIan

I don't need lessons from you in employment law, thanks.

The point - which you fail (as usual) to grasp - is that these are somewhat extraordinary times, so comparing a box falling on someone's head is as silly as your usual stuff.

And the original question was this: "Speaking as an enlightened modern employer, what rights (if any) should workers have?" I was interested to know where you would draw the line. Perhaps you think it's stupid (or 'left wing extremism') because it's stupid to think of workers as having any rights? Is that your view Mr Scrooge?

Why is a box falling on someones head different? It is Health and Safety in the workplace. Covid comes under than, as does a box falling on someones head. It is up to the employer to mitigate the risks and if they don't they are rightfully up in court explaining themselves and subject to huge punishments including prison. What are you failing to understand? ( there is a lesson in employment law for you as I don't think you understand )

I'll flip it to you. Someone turns around to their employer and says 'I am not coming in to work as it's not safe to do so in my opinion, so I am going to stay at home and expect full pay'

This particular person happens to just want to work from home because it's easier and more convenient for them and in fact the workplace is safe and all risks mitigated.

What happens then? Who has the power to decide? The employer or the employee?

Interested to hear your solution, with your clearly extensive experience.

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 13:22 - Jul 29 with 977 viewsChesham_Saint

Silly name calling aside, employees do generally have the right ask to work from home or even job share. The employer I believe, then has to demonstrate why accepting the request would be unreasonable. Not taking sides here, just saying.

*sits back and reaches for the popcorn..*

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 13:32 - Jul 29 with 970 viewsBoris_

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 13:22 - Jul 29 by Chesham_Saint

Silly name calling aside, employees do generally have the right ask to work from home or even job share. The employer I believe, then has to demonstrate why accepting the request would be unreasonable. Not taking sides here, just saying.

You're completely wrong there pal. Not even close.

It's up to the employer to deem where the place of work is ( and 99/100 it will be clearly defined in the contract ). They cannot unreasonably change the place of work without offering redundancy but to say that an employee can demand to work from home or change their location of work and the employer mustn't reasonably withold it is completely false mush. Absolute fantasy land stuff ( assuming it was a troll post and I fell for it... FFS )
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 13:33]

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 13:45 - Jul 29 with 963 viewsDorsetIan

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 12:28 - Jul 29 by Boris_

Why is a box falling on someones head different? It is Health and Safety in the workplace. Covid comes under than, as does a box falling on someones head. It is up to the employer to mitigate the risks and if they don't they are rightfully up in court explaining themselves and subject to huge punishments including prison. What are you failing to understand? ( there is a lesson in employment law for you as I don't think you understand )

I'll flip it to you. Someone turns around to their employer and says 'I am not coming in to work as it's not safe to do so in my opinion, so I am going to stay at home and expect full pay'

This particular person happens to just want to work from home because it's easier and more convenient for them and in fact the workplace is safe and all risks mitigated.

What happens then? Who has the power to decide? The employer or the employee?

Interested to hear your solution, with your clearly extensive experience.

The difference is that boxes can be stored in places where they won't fall on people's heads and trip hazards can be avoided, and equipment can be pat tested and all other office hazards will be subject to H&S best practise which has been developed, accumulated and learnt upon over many many years.

This virus is new. As you have been so keen to argue when excusing the govt from any blame in how they have handled it so far, there are many unknowns and a lot of it is 'best guess' based on imperfect information. It is very different to the risk of a box falling on your head, for an employee to conclude that an office space is still not 'safe' for them (and given their particular circumstances) that they want to continue working for home or, if that is not possible, not work at all.

The issue of whether someone in those circumstances should be paid should be up for debate but I certainly don't think that the employer would should be able to dismiss them - as long as their actions are reasonable (which will, of course, depend upon their circumstances, the type of work they do, and the working environment).

And this sort of thing is the stuff of sensible discussion in a liberal democracy like ours, about citizens'/workers' rights. Only someone who would like to see children sent back up chimneys would refer to it as 'left wing extremism'.

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 13:47 - Jul 29 with 962 viewsDorsetIan

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 13:22 - Jul 29 by Chesham_Saint

At heart, you've always been a bit of a left 'left wing extremist' Chesham.

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 13:54 - Jul 29 with 959 viewsDorsetIan

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 13:32 - Jul 29 by Boris_

You're completely wrong there pal. Not even close.

It's up to the employer to deem where the place of work is ( and 99/100 it will be clearly defined in the contract ). They cannot unreasonably change the place of work without offering redundancy but to say that an employee can demand to work from home or change their location of work and the employer mustn't reasonably withold it is completely false mush. Absolute fantasy land stuff ( assuming it was a troll post and I fell for it... FFS )
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 13:33]

Oh dear Boris, another massive face plant. Your nose must be the size of an orange by now.

https://www.gov.uk/flexible-working

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024