Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shocking 16:29 - Jul 26 with 1279 viewsdarthvader

defending ... We arnt at it at this moment

keep the faith coyr

Shocking on 16:37 - Jul 26 with 1250 viewsTimSaint

Bed at HT ? They need a rocket

Shocking so far and the worst thing is, it's all unforced errors

Good run from Redmond - shame all asleep

TimSaint

Shocking on 16:41 - Jul 26 with 1240 viewsRipleys_revenge

Yes horrible performance so far, vested truly
Atrocious although it has to be said half our team look totally
On their holidays already. Bertrand in particular looks well on his heels
Shocking on 16:50 - Jul 26 with 1212 viewsdarthvader

Shocking on 16:41 - Jul 26 by Ripleys_revenge

Yes horrible performance so far, vested truly
Atrocious although it has to be said half our team look totally
On their holidays already. Bertrand in particular looks well on his heels

Yes i was thinking that bertrand looks slow and knakered

Billy sharp looks determind to score or get sent off

keep the faith coyr

Shocking on 17:26 - Jul 26 with 1141 viewsTimSaint

McCarthy up to his usual tricks
Couple of good saves but still hasn't learnt from his Arsenal mistake

TimSaint

Shocking on 17:46 - Jul 26 with 1122 viewsdarthvader

Much better . Well done adams brilliant goals

keep the faith coyr

Shocking on 19:05 - Jul 26 with 1051 viewsTimSaint

Shocking on 17:46 - Jul 26 by darthvader

Much better . Well done adams brilliant goals

1st was great - didn't expect him to hit it so early, after taking a touch.

Finally we got lucky with the 2nd and the rebound fell nicely for him, but he certainly smashed it home !!

Would obviously have preferred Ings to have scored them to pip Vardy to the Golden Boot, but at 2-1 and with 2 goals, they should have let Che get his hat trick and given him the penalty. Hopefully he can continue where he left off once the new season starts up.

TimSaint

Shocking on 09:35 - Jul 27 with 885 viewssledger

pint size 34 year old billy sharp gives 6 foot 7 giant a yard start yet out muscles and ou sprints him to go through on goal,vestagard plumbed new depths of garbage defending,pathetically weak,maybe he hasnt finished growing yet
Shocking on 09:41 - Jul 27 with 876 viewssaint22

Shocking on 17:26 - Jul 26 by TimSaint

McCarthy up to his usual tricks
Couple of good saves but still hasn't learnt from his Arsenal mistake

Why do our keepers persist in playing passes through the middle of attackers to the defenders or midfielders in the centre of the pitch??
Play it wide if you have to or just clear it!
Login to get fewer ads

Shocking on 09:45 - Jul 27 with 868 viewsDellHero_Would

Shocking on 09:41 - Jul 27 by saint22

Why do our keepers persist in playing passes through the middle of attackers to the defenders or midfielders in the centre of the pitch??

Is that what you tell your “boys’ and the under 2’s team?...How’s the Sky subs going?

Poll: Wearing a mask

Shocking on 10:22 - Jul 27 with 844 viewsBison

Shocking on 09:41 - Jul 27 by saint22

If you watch some recent interviews with Ralph then he is telling the players to do this , be braver and he accepts sometimes it will go wrong. I don't think McCarthy or the other players have suddenly decided to play like this. It's Ralph's new blueprint to how he wants us to play.

Look at where are centre halves were a lot of the time , right back and left back with Romeu or JWP as the centre back but trying to play it out. Look at our possession stats since we restarted its very high compared to what we were like and that because we are not hoofing it.

I can accept the odd mistake to keep watching this style of football , we are a joy to watch. I suggest you check out 'Take the Ball, Pass the Ball' on SKY , it's the story of how Pep revamped Barcelona , you can see a lot in that to what Ralph is doing especially playing out from the back.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Shocking on 10:43 - Jul 27 with 821 viewsBuggalugs

Shocking on 10:22 - Jul 27 by Bison

If you watch some recent interviews with Ralph then he is telling the players to do this , be braver and he accepts sometimes it will go wrong. I don't think McCarthy or the other players have suddenly decided to play like this. It's Ralph's new blueprint to how he wants us to play.

Look at where are centre halves were a lot of the time , right back and left back with Romeu or JWP as the centre back but trying to play it out. Look at our possession stats since we restarted its very high compared to what we were like and that because we are not hoofing it.

I can accept the odd mistake to keep watching this style of football , we are a joy to watch. I suggest you check out 'Take the Ball, Pass the Ball' on SKY , it's the story of how Pep revamped Barcelona , you can see a lot in that to what Ralph is doing especially playing out from the back.

Correct and it's also a very effective way of creating space as long as you beat the initial press.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Shocking on 10:51 - Jul 27 with 813 viewssaint22

Yes all noted and yes I watched that documentary but doing that with players like stephen's and vestergaard is a little different no?
Shocking on 10:52 - Jul 27 with 812 viewssaint22

Shocking on 09:45 - Jul 27 by DellHero_Would

Is that what you tell your “boys’ and the under 2’s team?...How’s the Sky subs going?

Oh look its another Mup___pet
Shocking on 10:55 - Jul 27 with 799 viewsJaySaint

that is a fair view.

probably backs up why Vestergaard is going to be moved on. pretty good in the air, pretty bad when asked to play

Should we progress further, playing like this, Ralph will be in huge demand after the Euro's
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 11:00]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Shocking on 11:00 - Jul 27 with 786 viewsBison

Shocking on 10:51 - Jul 27 by saint22

Yes all noted and yes I watched that documentary but doing that with players like stephen's and vestergaard is a little different no?

I agree we could do with an upgrade of some players especially Vestergaard , I am ok with Stephens generally. We are definitely greater than the sum of our parts though with this style of football and Ings is our Messi I don't think it would be as effective without him.

Worse player on pitch I thought ( apart from Vesty ) was Smallbone , maybe that will come with experience and age though but Armstrong is far more effective.

Shocking on 11:05 - Jul 27 with 776 viewssaint22

Shocking on 11:00 - Jul 27 by Bison

I agree we could do with an upgrade of some players especially Vestergaard , I am ok with Stephens generally. We are definitely greater than the sum of our parts though with this style of football and Ings is our Messi I don't think it would be as effective without him.

Worse player on pitch I thought ( apart from Vesty ) was Smallbone , maybe that will come with experience and age though but Armstrong is far more effective.

Yes Smallbone clearly can play but is way too lightweight right now
Window needs to see two CBs, a solid CM, an RB and maybe an AM
Shocking on 11:06 - Jul 27 with 773 viewsBuggalugs

Shocking on 10:51 - Jul 27 by saint22

One of Stephen's biggest strengths is how comfortable he is on the ball, so he suits playing that way quite well. Vestergaard however...

The keeper is the key to that style of play though and McCarthy's distribution has always been his biggest weakness. He doesn't have the speed of thought to pick the right pass either, ends up dwelling on it too long and either gets robbed or makes a poor pass to the centre forward.

The more we play that way though, the better and more confident he'll get, although it's not going to help when our mongy fans are back in and start ironically cheering him when he picks out his man.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Shocking on 11:14 - Jul 27 with 754 viewsBison

Shocking on 11:06 - Jul 27 by Buggalugs

One of Stephen's biggest strengths is how comfortable he is on the ball, so he suits playing that way quite well. Vestergaard however...

The keeper is the key to that style of play though and McCarthy's distribution has always been his biggest weakness. He doesn't have the speed of thought to pick the right pass either, ends up dwelling on it too long and either gets robbed or makes a poor pass to the centre forward.

The more we play that way though, the better and more confident he'll get, although it's not going to help when our mongy fans are back in and start ironically cheering him when he picks out his man.

Yes and I can't see Forster coming back as the answer , after his last experience with us I think he will just be a disaster waiting to happen. I can't see us buying another keeper so hopefully they can drill McCarthy and Gunn during the break and hopefully they embrace and improve in this new style.

Shocking on 11:58 - Jul 27 with 733 viewsdirk_doone

We can't persevere with Vestergaard any more and now that we have Salisu, we won't have to. Stephens and Bednarek are developing a very good partnership and their opta stats are impressive. It's many months since Stephens made even a single error to give a chance to the opposition, let alone a goal, making him the least error-prone central defender in the Premier League in 2020, while Bednarek, although he's made a few errors, is one of the league's top defenders for successful interceptions and tackles. Assuming Salisu lives up to the hype, that gives us 3 good central defenders for next season.

It was interesting in the second half yesterday, that Ralph put Romeu in at centre back alongside Stephens and it worked quite well, with Vestergaard in a keeping out of the way in the corner, role, where he couldn't do any harm. In fact, he even did some good as he acted as a decoy for the Sheffield United forwards, who'd been using him as a target for their attacks in the first half and became quite confused by Ralph's defensive switch in the second.. So, Romeu can obviously provide more cover at centre back if necessary.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 12:04]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Shocking on 14:29 - Jul 27 with 672 viewsInsideOut

Shocking on 11:58 - Jul 27 by dirk_doone

We can't persevere with Vestergaard any more and now that we have Salisu, we won't have to. Stephens and Bednarek are developing a very good partnership and their opta stats are impressive. It's many months since Stephens made even a single error to give a chance to the opposition, let alone a goal, making him the least error-prone central defender in the Premier League in 2020, while Bednarek, although he's made a few errors, is one of the league's top defenders for successful interceptions and tackles. Assuming Salisu lives up to the hype, that gives us 3 good central defenders for next season.

It was interesting in the second half yesterday, that Ralph put Romeu in at centre back alongside Stephens and it worked quite well, with Vestergaard in a keeping out of the way in the corner, role, where he couldn't do any harm. In fact, he even did some good as he acted as a decoy for the Sheffield United forwards, who'd been using him as a target for their attacks in the first half and became quite confused by Ralph's defensive switch in the second.. So, Romeu can obviously provide more cover at centre back if necessary.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 12:04]

That's an amusing report on the match, unfortunately I haven't been able to watch it so I'll take your word for it. I vaguely remember Romeu playing in defence at least once when he first arrived, but I'm unsure if he started in defence or replaced someone during the game. Glad to hear about Stephens and Bednarek good stats as well.

Does anyone have a replay link handy for yesterday ?

Poll: WTF is a little pompey ?

Shocking on 15:05 - Jul 27 with 654 viewsJaySaint

Shocking on 14:29 - Jul 27 by InsideOut

That's an amusing report on the match, unfortunately I haven't been able to watch it so I'll take your word for it. I vaguely remember Romeu playing in defence at least once when he first arrived, but I'm unsure if he started in defence or replaced someone during the game. Glad to hear about Stephens and Bednarek good stats as well.

Does anyone have a replay link handy for yesterday ?

Romeu did not play in defence - happy to help

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024