Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
suspensions 14:40 - Jan 18 with 574 viewssaint22

Since when did suspensions not count in the FA cup too?
I thought Bertrand got booked on purpose so stupidly Saturday so as to miss the tie and be clear for the next PL games....
[Post edited 18 Jan 2021 14:41]
suspensions on 15:06 - Jan 18 with 548 viewsTimSaint

Maybe he thought that at the time - but they changed the rules for this season.

Perhaps he now regrets 3 yellows in his last 3 games !!

TimSaint

suspensions on 15:07 - Jan 18 with 545 viewssaint22

suspensions on 15:06 - Jan 18 by TimSaint

Maybe he thought that at the time - but they changed the rules for this season.

Perhaps he now regrets 3 yellows in his last 3 games !!

of all seasons to change the rules, you do wonder some times what people are thinking, or maybe they just dont
suspensions on 17:49 - Jan 18 with 476 viewskingslandstand1

suspensions on 15:07 - Jan 18 by saint22

of all seasons to change the rules, you do wonder some times what people are thinking, or maybe they just dont

But should you get yourself booked deliberately?

I know the response and they all do it and the reasons for doing so (assuming Bertrand was deliberate), but isn't it against the principals of the game. If the player is being absolutely blatant about about it, why not give him a red as it is cheating surely? But then again, there are probably loads of instances that could create arguments over this
suspensions on 20:54 - Jan 18 with 380 viewsSaintNick

suspensions on 17:49 - Jan 18 by kingslandstand1

But should you get yourself booked deliberately?

I know the response and they all do it and the reasons for doing so (assuming Bertrand was deliberate), but isn't it against the principals of the game. If the player is being absolutely blatant about about it, why not give him a red as it is cheating surely? But then again, there are probably loads of instances that could create arguments over this

Bertrand would have been aware of the suspension rulings for this game and would also be aware that a second yellow would see him sent off, he got booked with 30 mins to go so that would have been a risk, if he had been booked for time wasting in the final minutes then i could understand people thinking that

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

suspensions on 22:23 - Jan 18 with 345 viewsA1079

suspensions on 20:54 - Jan 18 by SaintNick

Bertrand would have been aware of the suspension rulings for this game and would also be aware that a second yellow would see him sent off, he got booked with 30 mins to go so that would have been a risk, if he had been booked for time wasting in the final minutes then i could understand people thinking that

Agree Nick. It was a stupid, ill judged thing to do and he must have known.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024