Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super League 17:04 - Apr 18 with 2814 views34dfgdf54

Big announcement tonight by the looks.

End of football forever
Super League on 17:11 - Apr 18 with 1920 viewsKilkennyjack

Happy to go with this one ✊🏾

Does this mean Swans are going up ?
[Post edited 18 Apr 2021 17:12]

Beware of the Risen People

Super League on 17:21 - Apr 18 with 1894 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Super League on 17:26 - Apr 18 with 1879 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It is ironic to see the Premier League kicking up such a fuss when they did the same thing to the Football League ~20 years ago.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Super League on 17:43 - Apr 18 with 1853 viewsThornburyswan

Let ‘em go drop the whatever the remaining top league down to 18 & championship to 20 plus ban all players involved from FIFA & EUFA competitions and their national teams.

20 becomes 15 in what remains of the Prem, so usual 3 up & no relegation in first season - could make in more interesting with bottom 2 in the Prem plus 4th & 5th in the Championship playing a post season play-off style tournament with top two playing in the new Prem.
Super League on 17:51 - Apr 18 with 1843 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Super League on 17:26 - Apr 18 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It is ironic to see the Premier League kicking up such a fuss when they did the same thing to the Football League ~20 years ago.

My thoughts exactly Dwight.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Super League on 17:55 - Apr 18 with 1835 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Super League on 17:51 - Apr 18 by Joe_bradshaw

My thoughts exactly Dwight.

Obviously I don't wish for it to happen.

However I did chuckle seeing Gary Neville moaning on Sky during the Burnley match when he and his Manchester United side arguably profited greater both financially and in terms of trophies than any other English football team after they broke away from the Football League.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Super League on 18:07 - Apr 18 with 1805 viewsFlashberryjack

Pure and utter greed....f*ck em.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Super League on 18:09 - Apr 18 with 1797 viewsmax936

Bout time the super clubs self imploded, hopefully this will bring this about, absolutely shocking and all about greed and massive greed at that.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Super League on 18:10 - Apr 18 with 1790 viewsOldjack

Super League on 17:21 - Apr 18 by Joe_bradshaw

Our little cousins up the road have confirmed today neither will they

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Super League on 18:13 - Apr 18 with 1789 viewsDr_Winston

The next PL TV deal is going to be substantially smaller than the last one if this goes through. If nothing else it should drive down the wages and transfer fees paid, and inject a bit of financial reality back into proceedings.

It is quite amusing to see it dawn on the likes of UEFA and FIFA that they don't have quite as much power as they thought they had. Without the top clubs and top players they're going to be diminished.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Super League on 18:18 - Apr 18 with 1782 views34dfgdf54

Super League on 18:10 - Apr 18 by Oldjack

Our little cousins up the road have confirmed today neither will they

I just tweeted Abbadonato asking if Cardiff had been invited.
Super League on 18:23 - Apr 18 with 1771 viewsmax936

Super League on 18:13 - Apr 18 by Dr_Winston

The next PL TV deal is going to be substantially smaller than the last one if this goes through. If nothing else it should drive down the wages and transfer fees paid, and inject a bit of financial reality back into proceedings.

It is quite amusing to see it dawn on the likes of UEFA and FIFA that they don't have quite as much power as they thought they had. Without the top clubs and top players they're going to be diminished.

The clubs are pawns in this for me, its the Greedy bastards that own the Clubs, they couldn't give a monkeys about the clubs Fans, they clearly don't matter.
Gary Neville almost exploded when condemning this proposal, he went on to say how much football has done for him including providing his wealth, but he was fuming.

Super League on 18:25 - Apr 18 with 1758 viewspencoedjack

Personally I’d have no interest in watching a league with no promotion & relegation (& probably next to no away fans)

The only people who would enjoy it would be armchair fans.

The soul of football is the fans.
Super League on 18:28 - Apr 18 with 1752 viewsmax936

Super League on 18:18 - Apr 18 by 34dfgdf54

I just tweeted Abbadonato asking if Cardiff had been invited.

did you mention Barcelona

Super League on 18:30 - Apr 18 with 1745 viewsonehunglow

Greedy bar studs.
Far them
They have been itching for this years .

It will be better without them

As for Sours being a top euro club,just ffs.

Laughable

Well said Neville

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Super League on 18:33 - Apr 18 with 1736 viewsDr_Winston

Super League on 18:25 - Apr 18 by pencoedjack

Personally I’d have no interest in watching a league with no promotion & relegation (& probably next to no away fans)

The only people who would enjoy it would be armchair fans.

The soul of football is the fans.

There are millions who would. Plus millions more who would fork out for a TV subscription.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Super League on 18:38 - Apr 18 with 1717 viewsonehunglow

Super League on 18:33 - Apr 18 by Dr_Winston

There are millions who would. Plus millions more who would fork out for a TV subscription.

Sadly true.
Plastic is killing the world.

It’s time the bone ride fans stuck together.

Time for Swansea ,Plymouth, Norwich ,Brighton fans to support their home town club.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Super League on 18:54 - Apr 18 with 1696 viewsFlashberryjack

Super League on 18:33 - Apr 18 by Dr_Winston

I think that would be true for a little while, but most would eventually get fed up of watching a heartless mundane sport with no promotion or relegation, but, people watch programmes like" Love Island " and "The Masked Singer", so who knows, I do know that I won't be.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Super League on 19:04 - Apr 18 with 1685 viewsDr_Winston

Super League on 18:54 - Apr 18 by Flashberryjack

I think that would be true for a little while, but most would eventually get fed up of watching a heartless mundane sport with no promotion or relegation, but, people watch programmes like" Love Island " and "The Masked Singer", so who knows, I do know that I won't be.

There's no promotion or relegation in the NFL or NBA and those sports remain wildly popular worldwide. They're clearly the model that this new plan is aspiring to.

Super League on 19:07 - Apr 18 with 1676 viewsjasper_T

Bringing the average PL and Championship incomes closer together would improve things dramatically, even if it's just to the same amounts as when we were last promoted. Something like £70m our first PL season had risen to £120m by the end. Prices across the board skyrocket and that effects clubs at all professional levels.
Super League on 19:14 - Apr 18 with 1660 viewsmonmouth

Super League on 19:07 - Apr 18 by jasper_T

Bringing the average PL and Championship incomes closer together would improve things dramatically, even if it's just to the same amounts as when we were last promoted. Something like £70m our first PL season had risen to £120m by the end. Prices across the board skyrocket and that effects clubs at all professional levels.

All clubs in the whole efl and pl should get exactly the same base broadcast income. Totally level playing field. No owner capital of any sort allowed. Differential income should be determined by bums on seats in the stadium and position bonuses.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Super League on 19:41 - Apr 18 with 1611 viewsKilkennyjack

Super League on 19:07 - Apr 18 by jasper_T

So there is another way, and the PL more than hints at this in their press release.

It says that it would impact tbe PL itself, AND those that rely on the trickle down of funds to the FL etc.

That suggests that the smaller income to PL will result in cuts to funding down the pyramid structure.
Basically the PL will have less of a pie to hand out so its going to cut the pyramid monies to protect whats left ofbthe PL.

I cant see this ending with PL clubs and FL clubs having closer funding from PL monies. It will most likely widen the divide.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2021 19:42]

Beware of the Risen People

Super League on 19:43 - Apr 18 with 1603 viewsCatullus

Super League on 19:04 - Apr 18 by Dr_Winston

There's no promotion or relegation in the NFL or NBA and those sports remain wildly popular worldwide. They're clearly the model that this new plan is aspiring to.

Yes but those sports use a draft system so that no one club can dominate the sport. It's why out of 32 NFL teams 20 of them have won a Superbowl and 20 out of 30 NBA teams have won a Championship.

Blackburn and Leicester aside the same 5 teams have dominated the Premier league and going back to the 70's and 80's Liverpool dominated.

Besides, the Americans have a different attitude to sport because they've never really known anything other than the systems they use.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Super League on 19:53 - Apr 18 with 1591 viewsDr_Winston

Super League on 19:43 - Apr 18 by Catullus

Yes but those sports use a draft system so that no one club can dominate the sport. It's why out of 32 NFL teams 20 of them have won a Superbowl and 20 out of 30 NBA teams have won a Championship.

Blackburn and Leicester aside the same 5 teams have dominated the Premier league and going back to the 70's and 80's Liverpool dominated.

Besides, the Americans have a different attitude to sport because they've never really known anything other than the systems they use.

Will one team out of those involved be so dominant against the rest?

The PL is one of the more equitable distributors of TV cash, hence the league is amongst the most competitive in Europe with at least four teams each year being in with a shout of winning it. Compare that to the long string of victories by Juve, or PSG, or Bayern Munich.

If the television revenue is shared equally (which it probably will be otherwise there'd be little point in some teams joining it) there's no real reason why one club would dominate.

Super League on 20:11 - Apr 18 with 1564 viewsjasper_T

Super League on 19:41 - Apr 18 by Kilkennyjack

So there is another way, and the PL more than hints at this in their press release.

It says that it would impact tbe PL itself, AND those that rely on the trickle down of funds to the FL etc.

That suggests that the smaller income to PL will result in cuts to funding down the pyramid structure.
Basically the PL will have less of a pie to hand out so its going to cut the pyramid monies to protect whats left ofbthe PL.

I cant see this ending with PL clubs and FL clubs having closer funding from PL monies. It will most likely widen the divide.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2021 19:42]

The PL will of course toot it's own horn about how much money it hands down the pyramid but it's not the reason the average wage of a Championship first team player is what it is. PL handouts aren't the reason Reading spend 211% of their standard revenue on player wages, losing £40m a year while playing in front of 10k season ticket holders. Wage costs trickle down more than actual cash does, there's players in League One and Two earning 5 figures a week ffs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024