Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forster 15:42 - Dec 29 with 954 viewssaint22

Still not the complete package but has to now be our number 1
I do hope Ralph doesn’t just reinstate AM once he is fit again!?

Do our keepers practise kicking though???
[Post edited 29 Dec 2021 15:43]
Forster on 13:47 - Dec 30 with 836 viewsCity_boy

I agree. ~Would prefer to see Forster in the sticks, although he did ride his luck against Spurs.

I don't think his distribution is any worse than McCarthy. It is noticeable, however, that he kicks more, rather than play out from the back ?
Forster on 13:57 - Dec 30 with 823 viewscocklebreath

Forster on 13:47 - Dec 30 by City_boy

I agree. ~Would prefer to see Forster in the sticks, although he did ride his luck against Spurs.

I don't think his distribution is any worse than McCarthy. It is noticeable, however, that he kicks more, rather than play out from the back ?

Much prefer Forster launching it than McCarthy p!sing about with it at the back. Forster is so much better all round

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Forster on 14:41 - Dec 30 with 795 viewsTimSaint

Forster on 13:57 - Dec 30 by cocklebreath

Much prefer Forster launching it than McCarthy p!sing about with it at the back. Forster is so much better all round

I really hope that we address our Goalkeeping options in January.

There was talk of a extending Willy's contract for a month.

When is AM due back from injury ? Will RH put him straight back in ?

FF has done well in the Chelsea Cup and West Ham / Spurs League games, but is he playing for a new contract and should he keep his starting berth ? (I think yes, unless we sign someone new in Jan)

I also believe that none of the current 4 keepers on our books are good enough as Prem quality regular starters. We therefore need to address this in January, with the signing of a new number 1. Then RH needs to decide what to do with the others.

Willy will be released - it's only a short term contract anyway
FF has 6 months left on his contract - sell in Jan, release or renew in June ?
AM apparently has been offered a new contract, so is perhaps RH's preferred ?

Thoughts ?

TimSaint

Forster on 14:44 - Dec 30 with 794 viewscocklebreath

Forster on 14:41 - Dec 30 by TimSaint

FF has done well in the Chelsea Cup and West Ham / Spurs League games, but is he playing for a new contract and should he keep his starting berth ? (I think yes, unless we sign someone new in Jan)

I also believe that none of the current 4 keepers on our books are good enough as Prem quality regular starters. We therefore need to address this in January, with the signing of a new number 1. Then RH needs to decide what to do with the others.

Thoughts ?

We’d be mad to offfer McCarthy a new contract, get rid of him and Forster and get a proper number 1 and a decent young back up.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Forster on 15:48 - Dec 30 with 757 viewspjt50

Forster on 14:41 - Dec 30 by TimSaint

Thoughts ?

I thought this was all done & dusted. Ralph has said that one of AM/FF will leave & I thought it was common knowledge (though maybe not official) that AM has been offered a new contract. Clearly Ralph's made up his mind.

Harry Lewis is the strange one. We're reportedly paying him over a million a year yet we don't trust him as a stand-in for a couple of games. 24 is still young for a goalkeeper but if he hasn't shown anything by now it's doubtful that he will.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Forster on 16:42 - Dec 30 with 731 viewssaint22

Forster on 13:57 - Dec 30 by cocklebreath

Agree with this although be nice if he found a saints head not touch each time

But AM inviting pressure whilst fannying about with it is one of the more obvious things Ralph should ditch, plus we also don’t really have a confident ball playing CB although Salisu may be some that
Forster on 09:48 - Jan 2 with 591 viewsSaintNick

Forster on 15:48 - Dec 30 by pjt50

I thought this was all done & dusted. Ralph has said that one of AM/FF will leave & I thought it was common knowledge (though maybe not official) that AM has been offered a new contract. Clearly Ralph's made up his mind.

Harry Lewis is the strange one. We're reportedly paying him over a million a year yet we don't trust him as a stand-in for a couple of games. 24 is still young for a goalkeeper but if he hasn't shown anything by now it's doubtful that he will.

A million a year is pretty standard for a back up player in the Premier League these days, clearly though he can't get a better deal elsewhere otherwise he would have gone by now, so he is running down his contract.

As you say doubtful that he will make it at St Mary's now, if they thought he had it in him they would have thrown him in against Palace when Mccarthy got injured.

I agree it is perhaps time we shifted both keepers in the summer and started from scratch.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Forster on 12:50 - Jan 2 with 554 viewspjt50

Forster on 09:48 - Jan 2 by SaintNick

A million a year is pretty standard for a back up player in the Premier League these days, clearly though he can't get a better deal elsewhere otherwise he would have gone by now, so he is running down his contract.

As you say doubtful that he will make it at St Mary's now, if they thought he had it in him they would have thrown him in against Palace when Mccarthy got injured.

I agree it is perhaps time we shifted both keepers in the summer and started from scratch.

Maybe so Nick, but if we're not prepared to risk him under any circumstances I'm not sure he counts as a back-up PL player. He's a B team goalkeeper & a last-resort bench warmer. Why did we extend his contract last summer?

Nothing against the guy. If he can get a favourable contract then good luck to him.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024