Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sport Republic to acquire Turkish club 14:50 - Jun 5 with 1107 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/20187995.amp/

Will be interested in how this will work. I assume we will swap players, use each others academy set ups etc.

Or will it mean less committment to our club?
[Post edited 5 Jun 2022 14:52]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Sport Republic to acquire Turkish club on 15:21 - Jun 5 with 1065 viewsElijahK

Well it should certainly be interesting/good, as yesterday the lad who scored the Hungarian goal and is their next big player by the sounds of things, went form RB Salzburg to RB Leipzig and has done really well there, and it’s been a similar scenario for many other players.
So even if it meant that we had a period of less attention it could pay off as we’d basically have a B team which we could ship off the players we don’t want to (like McCarthy, Stephens, Diallo etc) to give them game time, whilst we take their star players who’ve already had first team experience and if they don’t work, will have basically paid nothing and could always send them back.
As it would benefit both sides and would certainly be a decent place to start.

As I’d this is true, then I’d probably say that this is more exciting than any new signings we might get this season.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Sport Republic to acquire Turkish club on 15:58 - Jun 5 with 1031 viewssaintwizzler

Sport Republic to acquire Turkish club on 15:21 - Jun 5 by ElijahK

Well it should certainly be interesting/good, as yesterday the lad who scored the Hungarian goal and is their next big player by the sounds of things, went form RB Salzburg to RB Leipzig and has done really well there, and it’s been a similar scenario for many other players.
So even if it meant that we had a period of less attention it could pay off as we’d basically have a B team which we could ship off the players we don’t want to (like McCarthy, Stephens, Diallo etc) to give them game time, whilst we take their star players who’ve already had first team experience and if they don’t work, will have basically paid nothing and could always send them back.
As it would benefit both sides and would certainly be a decent place to start.

As I’d this is true, then I’d probably say that this is more exciting than any new signings we might get this season.

‘As I’d this is true, then I’d probably say that this is more exciting than any new signings we might get this season.’

FFS

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Sport Republic to acquire Turkish club on 17:20 - Jun 5 with 943 viewscocklebreath

Sport Republic to acquire Turkish club on 15:58 - Jun 5 by saintwizzler

‘As I’d this is true, then I’d probably say that this is more exciting than any new signings we might get this season.’

FFS

Incomprehensible

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Sport Republic to acquire Turkish club on 20:45 - Jun 5 with 788 viewsPoirot

This is what i didnt want to see, buy us and we need major changes all over the shop and now they want to get involved in another club. I know that was said from the outset, but i think improving us for a number seasons is more important.
Sport Republic to acquire Turkish club on 21:04 - Jun 5 with 768 viewsSaintsforeverj

Sport Republic to acquire Turkish club on 20:45 - Jun 5 by Poirot

This is what i didnt want to see, buy us and we need major changes all over the shop and now they want to get involved in another club. I know that was said from the outset, but i think improving us for a number seasons is more important.

The negative side of me says that our new owners are only in this to use us as a PL club that will be able sell players for a lot money, developed across their portfolio of clubs. However, the positive is that we would need to remain as a steady PL club for this to work, so we can't be neglected (in theory). We will probably get to see some good players from the owner's other clubs, eventually end up playing for us where the money is. So, we will get to see the best players arrive here in the end from the clubs they own. I'm assuming the idea is that they then get sold. We have a better chance of developing and creating top players, if there is a portfolio of clubs and coaches. If a Saints player needs to work on finishing for example, he can be sent to work with a top finishing coach at one of the other clubs, if we didn't have one here. Or he could be sent there on loan to get first team football. So I can see advantages, but this is all long term so we shall have to see.

At the moment, Saints need serious investment in the team or we could be relegated, so we hope they realise this.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2022 21:08]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024