Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GB News 10:21 - Jul 31 with 1280 viewsKerouac

Has it been successful?

Remember when they launched and people on the Left claimed it would be a 'far right channel'?
Remember the orchestrated campaign against it, the boycott?

I'm watching Carolyn Harris (Labour - Swansea East) on there right now being given a fair hearing...no arguments, no silliness, no bias from the presenter trying to shut her down...just a grown up, mature, exchange of views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

GB News on 10:35 - Jul 31 with 1236 viewstrampie

Most Labour MPs and hierarchy are Tories, they are traitors to the working class and poor.
I've never seen GB news but it's the overton window situation, the elite decides the parameters of debate, they will encourage vigorous debate within their set parameters that met their agenda.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

GB News on 10:54 - Jul 31 with 1206 viewsonehunglow

Over to you K...

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

GB News on 11:19 - Jul 31 with 1190 viewsSirjohnalot

It has its audience who will appreciate it, and the people who it’s not catered for, won’t like it. Problem is there’s not much middle ground at the moment or room for folk to accept someone else’s opinion if it differs from mine. Very rare you hear someone say ‘you know what, that’s a good point, I may be wrong there’
GB News on 11:59 - Jul 31 with 1159 viewsBoundy

GB News on 10:35 - Jul 31 by trampie

Most Labour MPs and hierarchy are Tories, they are traitors to the working class and poor.
I've never seen GB news but it's the overton window situation, the elite decides the parameters of debate, they will encourage vigorous debate within their set parameters that met their agenda.

Well said Wolfie

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

GB News on 14:19 - Jul 31 with 1098 viewsLohengrin

GB News on 11:19 - Jul 31 by Sirjohnalot

It has its audience who will appreciate it, and the people who it’s not catered for, won’t like it. Problem is there’s not much middle ground at the moment or room for folk to accept someone else’s opinion if it differs from mine. Very rare you hear someone say ‘you know what, that’s a good point, I may be wrong there’

John, I rarely watch GB News but I’ve quite often got the GB radio station on DAB on in the background. Now this may surprise you but Trampie has once again got things spectacularly wrong.

It provides a platform for a far wider range of perspectives than you’d encounter on the BBC or LBC, and it seems to allow the time to explore a variety of themes in much greater depth.

Certainly you’ll hear voices from the right that advocate market solutions (Tramp dabbles on the Stock Exchange) and advance arguments for the privatisation of the NHS (again,Tramp was holding up Health Ireland on here recently as paying at the point of treatment “cuts down on malingerers,”) but equally you’ll hear from those like myself who support elements of economic planning and state intervention where necessity dictates.

There’s a discussion on just now debating the advisability of televising trials in the UK that would be of interest to you, John.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

GB News on 15:01 - Jul 31 with 1067 viewsSirjohnalot

GB News on 14:19 - Jul 31 by Lohengrin

John, I rarely watch GB News but I’ve quite often got the GB radio station on DAB on in the background. Now this may surprise you but Trampie has once again got things spectacularly wrong.

It provides a platform for a far wider range of perspectives than you’d encounter on the BBC or LBC, and it seems to allow the time to explore a variety of themes in much greater depth.

Certainly you’ll hear voices from the right that advocate market solutions (Tramp dabbles on the Stock Exchange) and advance arguments for the privatisation of the NHS (again,Tramp was holding up Health Ireland on here recently as paying at the point of treatment “cuts down on malingerers,”) but equally you’ll hear from those like myself who support elements of economic planning and state intervention where necessity dictates.

There’s a discussion on just now debating the advisability of televising trials in the UK that would be of interest to you, John.

I’d hate it. (Televised trials) If they were in place they’d be restricted. Couldn’t have them in domestic violence cases or any matters where there are vulnerable witnesses. There’s enough difficulty in getting nervous witnesses to court without having their evidence televised. Whole point is to give their best evidence, having a tv camera there wouldn’t help that.

Criminal trials are open to the public anyway so people can come and watch if they are interested.

On the other hand, it would quell some of the myths you hear about trials and show the role prosecuting and defence barristers have and why we have to test the evidence irrespective of how evil the person we represent is.

I’ve no issue in sentencing remarks being televised, think that’s a good thing but the last thing we want is to become an American style system with ‘celebrity lawyers’

I’ve been involved in some of these ‘fly on the wall docs’ in police station but always refused to appear on tv, and had my fave and my clients faces blurred out. I’ve no interest in being on tv.
GB News on 15:18 - Jul 31 with 1042 viewsDr_Winston

Nothing about the American Justice System makes me think "Hmm, we could do with some of that here" except maybe the severity of some sentences.

It really shouldn't be as rare as it is that some people get Whole Life terms.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

GB News on 17:52 - Jul 31 with 965 viewskrunchykarrot

On the money is excellent every lunchtime.
Login to get fewer ads

GB News on 18:25 - Jul 31 with 939 viewsonehunglow

GB News on 15:01 - Jul 31 by Sirjohnalot

I’d hate it. (Televised trials) If they were in place they’d be restricted. Couldn’t have them in domestic violence cases or any matters where there are vulnerable witnesses. There’s enough difficulty in getting nervous witnesses to court without having their evidence televised. Whole point is to give their best evidence, having a tv camera there wouldn’t help that.

Criminal trials are open to the public anyway so people can come and watch if they are interested.

On the other hand, it would quell some of the myths you hear about trials and show the role prosecuting and defence barristers have and why we have to test the evidence irrespective of how evil the person we represent is.

I’ve no issue in sentencing remarks being televised, think that’s a good thing but the last thing we want is to become an American style system with ‘celebrity lawyers’

I’ve been involved in some of these ‘fly on the wall docs’ in police station but always refused to appear on tv, and had my fave and my clients faces blurred out. I’ve no interest in being on tv.

Agreed
Justice should be excluded from prurience

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024