Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Workplace colleagues as football fans 10:14 - Oct 7 with 1695 viewsRichardO

A number of people I use to work with are Cxxxxxf fans I would put them into the following categories( I'm sure the categories apply to fans of other teams, even our own).

1. The fan who has been around long enough to to accept the ups and downs of their team and can engage in good banter with a sense of humour.[ Always a pleasure to talk to]

2. As above but they will always put a little barbed dig in during the conversation( to be expected)[Happy enough to talk to as they will expect the same back]

3. The fan who has got a bit of humour but will lose all sense of proportion at times will start going red in the face and a vein somewhere on their head or neck can clearly be seen to start pulsing [don't get into an into a long depth conversation about his team,if you do call a medic]

4. The fan with no sense of humour who will always take any conversation you have about his team with suspicion, will get defensive and can start making unfounded accusations [ not worth the effort to engage they will never see anybody else's point of view]
Feel free to update with any categories I have missed.

[Post edited 7 Oct 2022 10:15]
Workplace colleagues as football fans on 10:53 - Oct 7 with 1651 views1983

I live and work not far from London and I have got a broad selection of football fan friends work colleagues...etc supporting teams from Millwall to Man Utd and I would put them all in category 1 because they are all grown adults but I have met cardiff fans in all social aspects and every single one has come across as a complete knob jockey, but saying that when Ingerland played Wales in the Euros some did get a bit silly

Workplace colleagues as football fans on 11:17 - Oct 7 with 1630 viewsRichardO

Workplace colleagues as football fans on 10:53 - Oct 7 by 1983

I live and work not far from London and I have got a broad selection of football fan friends work colleagues...etc supporting teams from Millwall to Man Utd and I would put them all in category 1 because they are all grown adults but I have met cardiff fans in all social aspects and every single one has come across as a complete knob jockey, but saying that when Ingerland played Wales in the Euros some did get a bit silly

Doesn't take much for some to show their true colours
Workplace colleagues as football fans on 11:37 - Oct 7 with 1610 viewsswan65split

My best m8 is a Cardiff fan , so it can work, though he get son my bits at times.

I've banned him from the house if Swans are on the box
Workplace colleagues as football fans on 11:38 - Oct 7 with 1607 views1983

Workplace colleagues as football fans on 11:17 - Oct 7 by RichardO

Doesn't take much for some to show their true colours

True but the same thing would happen if they lived and worked in Wales sticks & stones and all that

Workplace colleagues as football fans on 11:43 - Oct 7 with 1606 viewsRichardO

Workplace colleagues as football fans on 11:37 - Oct 7 by swan65split

My best m8 is a Cardiff fan , so it can work, though he get son my bits at times.

I've banned him from the house if Swans are on the box

So you go to each others home derby games together then
Workplace colleagues as football fans on 11:49 - Oct 7 with 1598 viewsswan65split

Workplace colleagues as football fans on 11:43 - Oct 7 by RichardO

So you go to each others home derby games together then

No!!!

Its just Monday night football we watch, he like sto watch the European matches/clubs, that's not my choice.
Workplace colleagues as football fans on 11:56 - Oct 7 with 1592 viewsRichardO

Workplace colleagues as football fans on 11:49 - Oct 7 by swan65split

No!!!

Its just Monday night football we watch, he like sto watch the European matches/clubs, that's not my choice.

Didn't think you would, sometimes even though most of us are rational thinking adults there are things that you just can't do.
Workplace colleagues as football fans on 17:48 - Oct 7 with 1505 viewsAguycalledJack

Been lucky only ever worked with 1 Cardiff fan. And he kept that quiet for months. Tidy bloke and could have a good chat.

When I worked in Cardiff centre in my 20s the company employed about 20 people. Not one Cardiff fan in that lot.
Login to get fewer ads

Workplace colleagues as football fans on 17:52 - Oct 7 with 1502 viewsKeithHaynes

Workplace colleagues as football fans on 11:38 - Oct 7 by 1983

True but the same thing would happen if they lived and worked in Wales sticks & stones and all that

Thing is they have been the underdog for so long in Wales they have to search for excuses to make the whole thing feel better. I can understand that but those who get feisty especially at internationals are an absolute dream to deal with. France inc.

No malice intended of course.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Workplace colleagues as football fans on 18:52 - Oct 7 with 1458 viewsonehunglow

When Inworked they were primarily Liverpool Everton or Tranmere fans. Tryouts,never had anything other than respect and admiration even especially from Liverpool fans .
Some will remember the Anfield main stand clapping our team and fans off the pitch after we had beaten them.
Nuff said

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Workplace colleagues as football fans on 10:06 - Oct 10 with 1256 viewsGixerJack

I work with mainly Cardiff supporters and there’s usually pretty good banter but to be fair they haven’t had a lot to crow about recently, most of them even accepted that their latest foray into the prem was doomed before a ball was kicked.

What I found the most amusing was that people that don’t even like football were ribbing them over it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024