Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England Tickets 14:40 - Feb 13 with 3409 viewsBison

I know a few on here follow England home and away and I have never had an issue with home games but I am not a member of the travel club.

Looking to go to the Malta away game in June does anyone have any advice on getting tickets for it and do's and don'ts given our fans reputation.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

England Tickets on 15:27 - Feb 13 with 3343 viewsPatfromPoole

Hi mate.

Really you need to join the England Supporters Travel Club; this costs £75 and covers a 2-year period which will include the next Euros. It is worth being a member as you get discounted tickets for the home games, and it’s the only way of getting tickets in the England section at tournaments.

Allocation for Malta away is likely to be around 4,000, though to be honest getting in the home end may well be possible. Ground holds 17,000.

There are quite a few Saints fans who regularly follow England; it is a great craic and you meet great people doing it.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

England Tickets on 16:17 - Feb 13 with 3285 viewsBison

England Tickets on 15:27 - Feb 13 by PatfromPoole

Hi mate.

Really you need to join the England Supporters Travel Club; this costs £75 and covers a 2-year period which will include the next Euros. It is worth being a member as you get discounted tickets for the home games, and it’s the only way of getting tickets in the England section at tournaments.

Allocation for Malta away is likely to be around 4,000, though to be honest getting in the home end may well be possible. Ground holds 17,000.

There are quite a few Saints fans who regularly follow England; it is a great craic and you meet great people doing it.

Cheers Pat we have already booked flights/hotel so just need to sort tickets , I think joining the travel club is the way to go especially as it also covers the Euro's next year.

I'll have to keep an eye out for 'Hedgeend Bob' and his flag !

England Tickets on 17:14 - Feb 13 with 3228 viewsPatfromPoole

England Tickets on 16:17 - Feb 13 by Bison

Cheers Pat we have already booked flights/hotel so just need to sort tickets , I think joining the travel club is the way to go especially as it also covers the Euro's next year.

If you can get tickets for as many of the home qualifiers as possible, that is a really good way to build up caps entitlement which will get you up for the ladder for away games.

The Euros in Germany in 2024 will be popular, so worth joining now and getting some caps to your name to stand the best chance of getting tickets.

You only get caps from qualifiers and friendlies. Tournament finals matches don’t count (unfortunately for me….)

If you sign up with the ESTC, it’s worth then getting on their FB group if you are on FB. It is pretty helpful actually.

Good luck re Malta.

England Tickets on 19:00 - Feb 13 with 3151 viewshedgeend61

England Tickets on 16:17 - Feb 13 by Bison

Bison, as Pat said buy yourself an ESTC membership for £75 asap, you'll be able to buy home match tickets for £25, decent seats behind the goal at Wembley, not stuck up in the Gods.

North Macedonia tickets will be on sale to members Mon-Thurs next week, so if you joined this week you'll start getting caps. It's 2 caps per game attended, so if you went to the remaining 4 Euro qualifiers (Ukraine sold out) and Malta you'd have 10 caps by the end of this year.
Caps have just been reset, so top cappers now are on 28, which pretty much guarantees you away tickets.

As for Malta away, I got one on zero caps in 2017, so I'd expect everyone this time who applied will get one, as they'll be around 5000 available.
Even if a miracle happened and you didn't, you'd be able to get one through the Malta FA as they allocated a section on the side last time to England non members.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 19:03]
England Tickets on 15:48 - May 30 with 2567 viewsBison

England Tickets on 19:00 - Feb 13 by hedgeend61

Bison, as Pat said buy yourself an ESTC membership for £75 asap, you'll be able to buy home match tickets for £25, decent seats behind the goal at Wembley, not stuck up in the Gods.

North Macedonia tickets will be on sale to members Mon-Thurs next week, so if you joined this week you'll start getting caps. It's 2 caps per game attended, so if you went to the remaining 4 Euro qualifiers (Ukraine sold out) and Malta you'd have 10 caps by the end of this year.
Caps have just been reset, so top cappers now are on 28, which pretty much guarantees you away tickets.

As for Malta away, I got one on zero caps in 2017, so I'd expect everyone this time who applied will get one, as they'll be around 5000 available.
Even if a miracle happened and you didn't, you'd be able to get one through the Malta FA as they allocated a section on the side last time to England non members.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 19:03]

Well we were not successful in the ballot so waiting to see if any cancelations come up . The Malta FA look sold out as well so we may have to see what the touts are doing come match day.

Will be going to a few games to build the caps up ready for next summer. The home game against Macedonia is at bloody Old Trafford rather than Wembley !

England Tickets on 22:00 - May 30 with 2440 viewshedgeend61

England Tickets on 15:48 - May 30 by Bison

Well we were not successful in the ballot so waiting to see if any cancelations come up . The Malta FA look sold out as well so we may have to see what the touts are doing come match day.

Will be going to a few games to build the caps up ready for next summer. The home game against Macedonia is at bloody Old Trafford rather than Wembley !

You may get lucky, out of 4000 tickets allocated (out of the 7000 who applied), 800 (20%) never even bothered buying them, which is crazy and unfair on fans like you who really wanted them and had booked travel.

Try your luck at the hotel in St Julians where they issue the tickets on the Friday just before the final pick up time about 3 hours before the game, as a pound to a penny all 4000 won't be collected, but make sure you take your membership card. If no luck there I'm sure you'll be able to pick tickets up somewhere, some fans may just pick up the tickets to get the 2 caps and not even bother going to the game as the FA don't check if the tickets been scanned at away games through turnstile, whereas at Wembley they do.

We're staying in St Julians, pop down for a beer

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g227101-d231311-Reviews-The_Westin_Drag
England Tickets on 23:05 - May 30 with 2372 viewsPatfromPoole

England Tickets on 22:00 - May 30 by hedgeend61

You may get lucky, out of 4000 tickets allocated (out of the 7000 who applied), 800 (20%) never even bothered buying them, which is crazy and unfair on fans like you who really wanted them and had booked travel.

Try your luck at the hotel in St Julians where they issue the tickets on the Friday just before the final pick up time about 3 hours before the game, as a pound to a penny all 4000 won't be collected, but make sure you take your membership card. If no luck there I'm sure you'll be able to pick tickets up somewhere, some fans may just pick up the tickets to get the 2 caps and not even bother going to the game as the FA don't check if the tickets been scanned at away games through turnstile, whereas at Wembley they do.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g227101-d231311-Reviews-The_Westin_Drag

800 didn’t buy them ??? 😳😳

They must have been on quite high cap levels as well (?)….

Shocked by that.
[Post edited 30 May 2023 23:06]

England Tickets on 20:07 - May 31 with 2268 viewshedgeend61

England Tickets on 23:05 - May 30 by PatfromPoole

800 didn’t buy them ??? 😳😳

They must have been on quite high cap levels as well (?)….

Shocked by that.
[Post edited 30 May 2023 23:06]

Yes Pat, you could understand a few who had their plans changed, but 800, no.

The 70/30 system meant anyone with 21+caps (2800 out of 4000)) was guaranteed a ticket with the other 1200 in a ballot of the others who applied. You'd imagine anyone lucky enough to get one in the ballot would purchase, so many high cappers didn't.

You'd think it would make sense to offer the 800 to the original 3000 unsuccessful
(like Bison) to give them a better chance, but no, anyone of the 15,000 odd members could then try on the the first come first served fastest finger first second chance sale
Login to get fewer ads

England Tickets on 20:18 - May 31 with 2249 viewsPatfromPoole

England Tickets on 20:07 - May 31 by hedgeend61

Yes Pat, you could understand a few who had their plans changed, but 800, no.

The 70/30 system meant anyone with 21+caps (2800 out of 4000)) was guaranteed a ticket with the other 1200 in a ballot of the others who applied. You'd imagine anyone lucky enough to get one in the ballot would purchase, so many high cappers didn't.

You'd think it would make sense to offer the 800 to the original 3000 unsuccessful
(like Bison) to give them a better chance, but no, anyone of the 15,000 odd members could then try on the the first come first served fastest finger first second chance sale

Mmmm, shocking.

Have had an email from ESTC today confirming this is their practice, it’s very unfair.

England Tickets on 13:42 - Jun 1 with 2110 viewsBison

England Tickets on 22:00 - May 30 by hedgeend61

Yes we are staying at St Julians as well from Tuesday - Tuesday so will deffo post on here and we can meet up for a beer or 2. We have registered that we will be in Malta anyway if any spares come up.

I like your idea about checking out the hotel where they dish them out , all is not lost yet as ideally would like to be amongst our own fans and maybe get the caps as well.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024