Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Season 09:26 - Apr 17 with 1007 viewsMytchettSaint

As we slip meekly into the championship I have started to look at whether or not to renew my ST’s.

I am seriously toying with the idea of doing some foreign games in the Dutch, Spanish and Italian leagues every 6 weeks (long weekends away)
The experience of a day at St Mary’s is akin to going on a works night out with all the people you have to suffer in the work place that you don’t really have much time for. You do it because you need to show your face but know it’s going to be a long night.

The idea of traveling over to Rotterdam Friday night on the over night ferry from Harwich, then back again on the Sunday, is starting to look a lot more appealing than Watford at home with zero atmosphere, probably zero goals and a team full of prospects getting bashed up physically.

I started to think this a few weeks ago and what would the club do to rectify the malaise of fans next season. If they think freezing ticket prices is going to be the answer then I suspect they are in for a shock.

I look at the atmosphere at some of these European leagues and we’ve fallen miles behind them.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Next Season on 09:33 - Apr 17 with 978 viewsSaintNick

Personally I think we will have enough youngsters left in the squad to be a decent Championship side, someone like Theo could probably still cut it at that level and James Bree is proven and add a couple of experienced players and we would have a good side.

The problem is that out of the 5 clubs still likely to go down, Saints would not be the biggest, at least one out of Leeds, Everton & Leicester will have to make the drop

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Next Season on 10:03 - Apr 17 with 951 viewssledger

Next Season on 09:33 - Apr 17 by SaintNick

Personally I think we will have enough youngsters left in the squad to be a decent Championship side, someone like Theo could probably still cut it at that level and James Bree is proven and add a couple of experienced players and we would have a good side.

The problem is that out of the 5 clubs still likely to go down, Saints would not be the biggest, at least one out of Leeds, Everton & Leicester will have to make the drop

theo walcott will not cut it at championship level,extending his contract would be a total waste of money
Next Season on 12:29 - Apr 17 with 909 viewsfranniesTache

Next Season on 09:33 - Apr 17 by SaintNick

Solent Toffee knows more i'm sure but aren't Everton absolutely f*cked if they go down? Pretty sure I read something that said it would be a financial meltdown on par with Leeds if they did.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024