Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2023 All Ireland(s) Thread 13:15 - Apr 23 with 7933 viewsMrSheen

Sneaked off to an early start under the cover of our distractions but bursts into life this weekend. Predictions?
Are Cork able to challenge Limerick in the hurling? Everyone else looks about the same, six or more points a game behind them.
No idea about the football, doesn't seem to be a particular favourite.

Still lamenting the new calendar. I'll just be over for the finals, but I used to love being there for the provincial fianls and the semis.
2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 16:50 - May 14 with 1914 viewsBrianMcCarthy

2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 15:50 - May 14 by CLAREMAN1995

Clare V Cork next Sunday in the Lions Den with huge inplications Brian who do you have lol.

Looking forward to it. My home playing my second home.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 17:16 - May 14 with 1896 viewsEastR

2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 15:05 - May 14 by MrSheen

Could do with a few more decent football teams, too.

Boys against men at Croke Park today

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 14:16 - May 15 with 1794 viewskingsburyR

Curse is finally over.

Stick your house on MAYO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hon Mayo!

Mayo4Sam

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 14:54 - May 15 with 1754 viewsPhildo

A lot going on with Derry to say the least - my old mans county so I always look out for them. Penalties don't seem right for gaa somehow.
2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 01:00 - May 29 with 1597 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I must admit to being gutted Cork did not pull out a draw there and Limerick have found their way back to the Munster Final.
Some ferocious unpunished hits by the green monsters plus the usual penalty that never was in their favour.
Need a second ref badly one for each half the game is too fast now for one.
Tipperary literally gagged it away and now Clare have to prepare for the blood letting
2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 09:53 - May 29 with 1513 viewsMrSheen

2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 01:00 - May 29 by CLAREMAN1995

I must admit to being gutted Cork did not pull out a draw there and Limerick have found their way back to the Munster Final.
Some ferocious unpunished hits by the green monsters plus the usual penalty that never was in their favour.
Need a second ref badly one for each half the game is too fast now for one.
Tipperary literally gagged it away and now Clare have to prepare for the blood letting

Totally Tipp, beat Clare, draw with Cork and the evil empire and collapse against Waterford.

It’s our year!!!
2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 00:50 - Jun 13 with 1354 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Its nice and relaxed on the QPR front with very little news yet so I will post on this one .
Did anybody from Ireland, England ,Scotland ,Wales ,USA, New Zeland or the rest of the world see the Munster Hurling Final on Sunday .
Clare lost to the 5 times in a row champions Limerick and the final play was worse than any VAR call in history .2 Clare players got killed dead basically while trailing by a point and a few feet in front of the Ref .He proceeded to blow his whistle which every body assumed was a free to enable Clare to force extra time with an easy point but instead called it full time and Limerick won again .
There is no VAR of course and no letters of apology like QPR normally get but this was worse than Stroud, Chuckles and any ref that we get screwed by at LF or away .
Ok rant over
2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 10:05 - Jun 13 with 1297 viewsMrSheen

2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 00:50 - Jun 13 by CLAREMAN1995

Its nice and relaxed on the QPR front with very little news yet so I will post on this one .
Did anybody from Ireland, England ,Scotland ,Wales ,USA, New Zeland or the rest of the world see the Munster Hurling Final on Sunday .
Clare lost to the 5 times in a row champions Limerick and the final play was worse than any VAR call in history .2 Clare players got killed dead basically while trailing by a point and a few feet in front of the Ref .He proceeded to blow his whistle which every body assumed was a free to enable Clare to force extra time with an easy point but instead called it full time and Limerick won again .
There is no VAR of course and no letters of apology like QPR normally get but this was worse than Stroud, Chuckles and any ref that we get screwed by at LF or away .
Ok rant over

Bad day for Tony Kelly to lose his touch.

I imagine the Galway player with Richard Keogh’s touch in front of goal is delighted to have the attention diverted elsewhere!
Login to get fewer ads

2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 13:28 - Jun 13 with 1260 viewsCLAREMAN1995

2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 10:05 - Jun 13 by MrSheen

Bad day for Tony Kelly to lose his touch.

I imagine the Galway player with Richard Keogh’s touch in front of goal is delighted to have the attention diverted elsewhere!

He probably lost his taste and smell as well as his touch after that brutal last second unpunished hit Mr Sheen.Any other time it was a straight red to the Limerick player but here not even a free what a cluster fcuk.
I know Clare shot the ball very poorly and the Manager blew it leaving that full back on after halftime but they fought back from 5 down and should have had extra time at least IMO
2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 13:45 - Jun 13 with 1250 viewsMrSheen

2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 13:28 - Jun 13 by CLAREMAN1995

He probably lost his taste and smell as well as his touch after that brutal last second unpunished hit Mr Sheen.Any other time it was a straight red to the Limerick player but here not even a free what a cluster fcuk.
I know Clare shot the ball very poorly and the Manager blew it leaving that full back on after halftime but they fought back from 5 down and should have had extra time at least IMO

Wouldn’t argue against the idea that Limerick get away with far too much.

Didn’t Galway recover from 9 down to 2 ahead until that goal? Absolute shocker for Connacht GAA all round this weekend.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2023 13:47]
2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 17:41 - Jun 13 with 1212 viewsPaddyhoops

I take it because football is getting such a poor press , that it’s rarely discussed in this thread.
Brolly and Spillane being the main detractors.
2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 19:23 - Jun 13 with 1174 viewsbrad

Mayo for SAM.......dont do it this year......never will.....football wide open this year.......Limerick comming good in the hurling again....
2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 19:24 - Jun 13 with 1173 viewsMrSheen

2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 20:28 - Jun 26 with 1051 viewsTomS

This morning's football quarter final draw has resulted in some mouthwatering ties. Three Ulster sides will play in Croke Park on Saturday, with Kerry the odd team out. Then on Sunday, Cork and Derry will provide the warm up act for the big one. I'll be cheering on Dublin against Mayo from The Hill. I was impressed by Mayo in their win against Galway, it was a well executed dope-a-rope in the second half. Now the curse has been lifted, maybe this is their year!!!
2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 15:37 - Jun 27 with 957 viewsbrad

2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 20:28 - Jun 26 by TomS

This morning's football quarter final draw has resulted in some mouthwatering ties. Three Ulster sides will play in Croke Park on Saturday, with Kerry the odd team out. Then on Sunday, Cork and Derry will provide the warm up act for the big one. I'll be cheering on Dublin against Mayo from The Hill. I was impressed by Mayo in their win against Galway, it was a well executed dope-a-rope in the second half. Now the curse has been lifted, maybe this is their year!!!

its gonna be a great weekend of football in croker.........armagh....derry mayo,,,,,,and tyrone to win.......??
2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 15:52 - Jun 27 with 946 viewsWatfordR

2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 15:37 - Jun 27 by brad

its gonna be a great weekend of football in croker.........armagh....derry mayo,,,,,,and tyrone to win.......??

Think I agree with that. Maybe Kerry to beat Tyrone. Maybe.

Think I'd still have a little each way bet on Derry to win Sam. Fancied them since the League, think they could do it but do they believe they could?
2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 13:49 - Jul 9 with 831 viewsMrSheen

Normal service resumed in yesterday’s semi. Fans of the Cats and the Banner can watch today’s runners-up eliminator for free on BBC red button at 4pm. Try under Northern Ireland. Lovely hurling.
2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 17:43 - Jul 9 with 776 viewsTomS

Well, that was compelling viewing in the second half, and the result sets up a repeat of last year's final. But I don't see Kilkenny troubling Limerick, who are simply playing at a different level to everyone else these days.
2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 20:13 - Jul 9 with 734 viewsCLAREMAN1995

2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 17:43 - Jul 9 by TomS

Well, that was compelling viewing in the second half, and the result sets up a repeat of last year's final. But I don't see Kilkenny troubling Limerick, who are simply playing at a different level to everyone else these days.

Would like your opinion on the horrendous ref there TomS or MR Sheen I am too bitter to give a calm view.
Just like the last play in the Munster Final so blatent was the mistakes the Clare players must be crushed.
We could have done without that stupid goal we gifted the cats but some of the goalkeeping was stunning .
Limerick will wear down KK and pull away I suspect
2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 20:20 - Jul 9 with 728 viewsCLAREMAN1995

https://hoganstand.com/Article/Index/328452
Anybody interested check out the highlights
2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 22:36 - Jul 9 with 684 viewsTomS

2023 All Ireland(s) Thread on 20:13 - Jul 9 by CLAREMAN1995

Would like your opinion on the horrendous ref there TomS or MR Sheen I am too bitter to give a calm view.
Just like the last play in the Munster Final so blatent was the mistakes the Clare players must be crushed.
We could have done without that stupid goal we gifted the cats but some of the goalkeeping was stunning .
Limerick will wear down KK and pull away I suspect

I didn't think the ref was poor. In hindsight, I thought he didn't punish a lot of robust challenges as severely as he could. In particular, there was one Limerick earned towards the end on the left hand side where the Clare defender got a thick yellow card. I noticed a lot of high tackles which could have been carded too, but nothing out of the ordinary. I agree that the goal Clare conceded was totally self-inflicted. Will Lohan survive the post-mortem in Ennis?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024