Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strange goings on yesterday. 09:54 - May 29 with 1932 viewsNumber_58

And not just on the pitch. A Liverpool fan near us was chucked out for waving a Liverpool shirt around and celebrating their fourth goal (for some reason he'd not bothered celebrating the other three), then a youngish lad who was wearing a Saints shirt and a Liverpool hat was also chucked out (is this a new variation on the half and half scarf?). But best of all was the extremely drunk old chap who staggered up the steps half way through the first half waving an Under 18 ticket and asking where he was meant to be sat. He didn't need a seat, he needed a time machine.
Strange goings on yesterday. on 11:21 - May 29 with 1771 viewsdirk_doone

It was the quietest I've ever known Liverpool fans. For much of the game they were stunned into silence. Anything less than the easy victory they'd anticipated was obviously going to disappoint them. There were no very obvious Liverpool fans sitting near me and no one celebrated their goals but I saw two come in wearing Brazil shirts so they were giving a very strong hint.

Liverpool fans showed yesterday that they're the same as most other fans: they only sing when they're winning. The difference is they are usually winning more than most other teams. In contrast, I thought Saints support was good. We sing when we're drawing.
[Post edited 29 May 2023 11:49]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Strange goings on yesterday. on 13:36 - May 29 with 1589 viewsSouthamptonfan

Strange goings on yesterday. on 11:21 - May 29 by dirk_doone

It was the quietest I've ever known Liverpool fans. For much of the game they were stunned into silence. Anything less than the easy victory they'd anticipated was obviously going to disappoint them. There were no very obvious Liverpool fans sitting near me and no one celebrated their goals but I saw two come in wearing Brazil shirts so they were giving a very strong hint.

Liverpool fans showed yesterday that they're the same as most other fans: they only sing when they're winning. The difference is they are usually winning more than most other teams. In contrast, I thought Saints support was good. We sing when we're drawing.
[Post edited 29 May 2023 11:49]

I thought the Saints fans were excellent yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised by the colour, red and white everywhere, and passion (Southampton til I die) chants and the big turn out of Saints fans despite being relegated and expected to get thrashed. There were a few Liverpool fans (nowhere near the amount I expected, just the odd few) around me who bizarrely were unnoticed until a few jumped up and cheered the the 4th goal. It all kicked off in the Kingsland, the stewards just stood there and the Saints fans removed them by themselves! Then there was that bizarre applause for Firmino?

But all in all, I came away more posy than I've been all year, thinking that there were 30 thousand Saints fans there yesterday, fully behind the team and will be here next season. When we sang stand up if you love the Saints, the whole ground, even the Chapel all stood up singing it.

And you're right about the Liverpool fans. They were quiet and because they only finished 5th! Imagine what they would be like if they got relegated with 2 wins all year. It's easy to be loud and proud when the team always wins.
[Post edited 29 May 2023 13:40]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Strange goings on yesterday. on 15:45 - May 29 with 1426 views1ASIN12

I don’t like Liverpool or their fans but credit where credit is due I didn’t see any “ mouthy” ones either walking to the ground or on the way back to town and past their coaches .

Yes they had the odd song in the ground about us going down but outside they were very quiet .
Strange goings on yesterday. on 11:02 - May 30 with 935 viewsSFC_Referee

We did have scousers in front of us as well actually, but to be fair to them they didn’t cheer when Liverpool scored, didn’t have any Liverpool stuff on, and still applauded when Prowse came off as well as when we scored, so we never bothered causing a scene. As we even started talking to them as you could certainly tell they were scousers, but tbf were decent enough blokes, and chatted about how shite both teams were.

As in my book, unless we’re playing the skates or something, then I don’t exactly care too much over having away fans in the home section for games like this, as we’ve all done it before. As they’re the ones giving the money to the club, and if they weren’t sitting there then probably no one else was, as it’s hardly like any die hard saints fans are always missing out on tickets and would’ve been sitting there yesterday if they weren’t. As the game was only sold out mainly due to lads like them, and if they’re not gonna cause a scene and be respectful then I really don’t mind for games like this

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Strange goings on yesterday. on 11:07 - May 30 with 925 viewsSaintNick

In the Kingsland there appeared to be a lack of Stewards, they usually have two on each exit point who patrol up the steps every 10 minutes or so, but there was no one stood at the bottom.

When Liverpool scored there was a little argument, but no Stewards arrived for about 5 mins, when they did arrive they were clueless on what to do.

Not sure why it was so sparsely stewarded, looking around the ground it seemed to be the same

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Strange goings on yesterday. on 11:07 - May 30 with 926 viewsSFC_Referee

Strange goings on yesterday. on 15:45 - May 29 by 1ASIN12

I don’t like Liverpool or their fans but credit where credit is due I didn’t see any “ mouthy” ones either walking to the ground or on the way back to town and past their coaches .

Yes they had the odd song in the ground about us going down but outside they were very quiet .

Dunno about that, as in town and before the game and during it, I didn’t see many, with non causing a scene, but after the game there certainly were a few mouthy inbreds, peed off that Man U were getting champions league and Everton were staying up whilst they were stuck the Europa league etc… as one started mouthing off to someone I was at the game with and I thought a proper fight was gonna break off at one point, but either way thankfully nothing did happen in the end.

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024