Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neil Harris, Gillingham Manager 17:26 - Aug 9 with 1464 viewsRon11

'I felt we had to contain, contain and contain, but when the ball went backwards and sideways most of the time we could go after it, then it's down to the players to step on and do it and I thought at times we nailed it'.
Neil Harris, Gillingham Manager on 19:54 - Aug 9 with 1331 viewsSouthamptonfan

This also happened last year, but as I said last year, the owners want this style of play. They appoint manager after manager to implement it. You won't get a Dyche or different type of manager because those above are the ones making the decisions. If any of us don't like it, demand the owners go because a new manager (for the forth time in a year) would just again be what the owners want.

However, let's give the new manager a chance. We won the first game with a style of play that resulted in a dominant performance and we won. Any style of play won't work if the players don't try and don't play with effort and energy. It was same problem last season, we might blame the managers, but we have a set of players who are as lazy as hell. Let's get rid of them, build a team around players like Tella, Alcaraz, Smallbone who actually try and let's see what happens. Gillingham was disappointing, so was Grimsby and so on, but the manager isn't on the pitch. Certain players at our club are lazy sh!ts who seemingly didn't like 4 managers in a year. Fussy lot too, they are.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 19:58]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Neil Harris, Gillingham Manager on 20:08 - Aug 9 with 1299 viewsSaintNick

Neil Harris, Gillingham Manager on 19:54 - Aug 9 by Southamptonfan

This also happened last year, but as I said last year, the owners want this style of play. They appoint manager after manager to implement it. You won't get a Dyche or different type of manager because those above are the ones making the decisions. If any of us don't like it, demand the owners go because a new manager (for the forth time in a year) would just again be what the owners want.

However, let's give the new manager a chance. We won the first game with a style of play that resulted in a dominant performance and we won. Any style of play won't work if the players don't try and don't play with effort and energy. It was same problem last season, we might blame the managers, but we have a set of players who are as lazy as hell. Let's get rid of them, build a team around players like Tella, Alcaraz, Smallbone who actually try and let's see what happens. Gillingham was disappointing, so was Grimsby and so on, but the manager isn't on the pitch. Certain players at our club are lazy sh!ts who seemingly didn't like 4 managers in a year. Fussy lot too, they are.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 19:58]

Not quite sure that Nathan Jones was here to implement a passing/ possession game, hence the signing of Tall Paul Onauchu

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Neil Harris, Gillingham Manager on 20:10 - Aug 9 with 1294 viewsSouthamptonfan

Neil Harris, Gillingham Manager on 20:08 - Aug 9 by SaintNick

Not quite sure that Nathan Jones was here to implement a passing/ possession game, hence the signing of Tall Paul Onauchu

You're right but with Jason Wilcox here, the passing game isn't going anywhere soon.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Neil Harris, Gillingham Manager on 09:09 - Aug 10 with 1077 viewssaint901

A possession/passing game is great if it can achieve the objective of pulling apart the opposition shape and create openings.

If the opposition is disciplined for the whole game, it's just pointless possession.

There is also the danger that getting your players into a position to receive and offload the ball means that they are out of position if the ball is lost. So recovery to an "out of possession" shape is crucial and in the Gillingham game we failed dismally there. I just hope that the first team is better prepared.
Neil Harris, Gillingham Manager on 09:17 - Aug 10 with 1069 viewsNumber_58

Like most styles of play, the system is only any good if you have the players to implement it. I don't know how many of the 900+ passes last Friday involved JWP but he will be a massive gap to fill from now on. Just like we found under Ralph, if everyone's fit and available a specific system works brilliantly, but once injuries, transfers and suspensions come along it can all unravel very quickly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024