Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Automatic 18:36 - Mar 16 with 1057 viewssaint22

We need to win all our remaining games I would say
Can’t see how we get up otherwise
After 25 games unbeaten that’s pretty damning where RM is concerned
He will have had plenty of time to get everyone fit and from now on MUST play his best 11 with Stephen’s sitting it out
Time for d1cking about is long gone
Automatic on 19:14 - Mar 16 with 1007 viewsSouthamptonfan

If (and it's a big if) we win our two games in hand over Ipswich, and then beat Ipswich, we will be above them. Likewise, if we also beat Leeds on the final day, we would be equal on points with them, but they have a better GD, so we need Leeds to slip up. It's all looking increasingly unlikely, but you never know. It's a long, long wait, having 3 weeks without a game. If it's play offs, then so be it. I quite fancy 35 thousand of us at Wembley for a big day out.
[Post edited 16 Mar 19:16]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Automatic on 06:55 - Mar 17 with 844 views1teeminants

To be honest 22 I couldn’t give a shite. For me this has been the most enjoyable season in years and it will end as soon as we’re promoted. The fact that saints have sold more season tickets this year than last and every away game is sold out tells me thousands of others feel the same.

I know many will look at this as a negative view but that’s how I honestly feel. I guess after 54 years of following them defeat after defeat in the top league tends to wear you down. We did manage to break the mould and finish top 8 including 6 th four years running but those days are long gone and it’s almost impossible for clubs of our stature to do that now. It’s only a matter of time before Brighton nosedive too.

I’m just glad I was there to see them win their only trophy in 76.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Automatic on 07:54 - Mar 17 with 793 viewssaintwizzler

Automatic on 06:55 - Mar 17 by 1teeminants

To be honest 22 I couldn’t give a shite. For me this has been the most enjoyable season in years and it will end as soon as we’re promoted. The fact that saints have sold more season tickets this year than last and every away game is sold out tells me thousands of others feel the same.

I know many will look at this as a negative view but that’s how I honestly feel. I guess after 54 years of following them defeat after defeat in the top league tends to wear you down. We did manage to break the mould and finish top 8 including 6 th four years running but those days are long gone and it’s almost impossible for clubs of our stature to do that now. It’s only a matter of time before Brighton nosedive too.

Being in any league is great when you’re winning.
When we become a mid table or worse Championship team is the worry.
When the money runs out and there’s no ‘assets’ left to sell.
Southampton Football Club has to be in The Premier League.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Automatic on 09:03 - Mar 17 with 718 views1teeminants

Automatic on 07:54 - Mar 17 by saintwizzler

Being in any league is great when you’re winning.
When we become a mid table or worse Championship team is the worry.
When the money runs out and there’s no ‘assets’ left to sell.
Southampton Football Club has to be in The Premier League.

I can remember just disappearing after some games last season not wanting to really engage with anyone in the pubs after yet another defeat. I guess it affects some more than others. Maybe I’m just turning into a miserable git ffs.

Many of the guys I used to go with gave up a few seasons back. I’ll always go but just don’t like to see them get beat all the time.
[Post edited 17 Mar 9:08]

Automatic on 09:03 - Mar 17 with 716 viewsPatfromPoole

Have to agree with much of what you say.

I also think that Wolves v Cov showed yesterday that the Championship is a genuinely decent league in terms of quality.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Automatic on 09:23 - Mar 17 with 677 views1teeminants

Automatic on 09:03 - Mar 17 by PatfromPoole

Have to agree with much of what you say.

I also think that Wolves v Cov showed yesterday that the Championship is a genuinely decent league in terms of quality.

Yes I was very impressed with Coventry yesterday . Coventry have some class players and they’re usually there or thereabouts in the table come the end of season. .

I expect Hadji Wright and Callum O’ hare will be picked off soon by prem clubs like Hamer was and Gyokores who went abroad but they recruit really well. My Cov mate can’t wait for another Wembley trip to go with the one he had last season in the play offs.

Norwich, West Brom, Sunderland, Hull are all teams that are always up there in the championship every season which shows they don’t become weak by staying in that league.

Automatic on 12:08 - Mar 17 with 529 viewskingslandstand1

POTD, with some slight reservations. Stats speak for themselves and ST sales is certainly a plus as well as away games, but have we not always done pretty well for awaydays although allocations may be slightly lower in the Champ

I've certainly enjoyed a the winning and league positions, and we even had a song for the unbeaten run no matter how arrogant it must have sounded

But being Saints fans we're always waiting for the next blip, and you could say that the extra dosh we will get by getting promotion (if we do let's hope it's at Wembley!), can be used usefully accepting we will probably struggle with current squad without taking in to account loanees going home (please can we keep some?) and natural dispersion of players, and then get a decent recruitment strategy in place to do a Leicester and walk the league assuming we go straight back down after just the one season up and learn from that

You never know, we may, just may, do a Brighton or a Saints after the 2012 (?) promotion!
Automatic on 14:22 - Mar 17 with 430 viewssaint22

I am with you completely
I have loved taking my son this season and seeing his win, he has too!
What’s galling is yet again we fall short due to poor management and recruitment
I know it’s the Southampton way but after 40 years supporting them the endles repetition of errors gets tiresome
COYS
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024