Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play-offs - physical approach and shithousery 12:11 - May 10 with 830 viewsPatfromPoole

God knows why, but I notice the Echo have today been re-living the horrors of the 2007 play-off defeat to Derby.

In addition to remembering:-

- the rain at Derby
- our away fans being superb
- Leon Best being a disaster
- Derby's fans being arseholes

my main memory was the thuggishness of Derby on the pitch, kicking Bale and Kenwyne Jones out of the tie in the first leg, much of their dirty stuff going unnoticed by officials.

I think we have to be massively prepared for more of the same against West Brom.

Corboran is a wily character, and he will know that their best chance of beating us is to bully and initimidate us, and to really be in our faces.

Set pieces will also be a big tactic for them, monster long throws etc etc.

If we don't stand up to all of this, it may very possibly not end well for us.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Play-offs - physical approach and shithousery on 12:31 - May 10 with 779 viewscocklebreath

Memories include some youngsters I knew having a run in with some Derby naughty boys pre match, bloke stood next to me throwing a lighter at Derby goalie during penalties, the rain, getting back to car to find a woman pissing against my car, said car’s suspension breaking on way home costing me £1500. Glorious night.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Play-offs - physical approach and shithousery on 13:09 - May 10 with 731 viewsPatfromPoole

Play-offs - physical approach and shithousery on 12:31 - May 10 by cocklebreath

Memories include some youngsters I knew having a run in with some Derby naughty boys pre match, bloke stood next to me throwing a lighter at Derby goalie during penalties, the rain, getting back to car to find a woman pissing against my car, said car’s suspension breaking on way home costing me £1500. Glorious night.

Sir

If we had a competition for “Anecdote of the Week”, I think you would be the clear leader.

Bravo

Play-offs - physical approach and shithousery on 13:18 - May 10 with 720 viewsButty101

Play-offs - physical approach and shithousery on 13:09 - May 10 by PatfromPoole

Sir

If we had a competition for “Anecdote of the Week”, I think you would be the clear leader.

Bravo

My memory from that night, was Martin Craine finally getting an opportunity and looking bloody good. Then left us for the blue few.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Play-offs - physical approach and shithousery on 16:42 - May 10 with 582 viewsSFC_Referee

Yeah well we certainly want a bit of shithousery, especially in the semi’s as those won’t have VAR, unfortunately the same of which can’t be said about the final

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Play-offs - physical approach and shithousery on 16:50 - May 10 with 574 viewsPatfromPoole

Play-offs - physical approach and shithousery on 16:42 - May 10 by SFC_Referee

Yeah well we certainly want a bit of shithousery, especially in the semi’s as those won’t have VAR, unfortunately the same of which can’t be said about the final

Yes, I think VAR would have affected Ipswich badly if they had got to Wembley.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024