Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? 19:22 - Aug 12 with 4443 viewsoliverqpr_2000

Where do you guys think we will come in the league??
[Post edited 12 Aug 2013 19:26]
Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 19:27 - Aug 12 with 3157 viewsWatford_Ranger

8th followed by messageboard meltdown.
Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 19:51 - Aug 12 with 3137 viewsMedwayR

4th & promotion, beating Bolton in the play-off final

Poll: Who’s better?

Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 19:53 - Aug 12 with 3134 viewssoupandhoop

somewhere between top and bottom.i might be wrong though.
Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 19:57 - Aug 12 with 3123 viewsRANGERS4EVER

9th

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 20:27 - Aug 12 with 3091 viewsoliverqpr_2000

Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 20:33 - Aug 12 with 3082 viewsoliverqpr_2000

I reckon we will come second with Blackpool or watford in first place
Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 20:36 - Aug 12 with 3074 viewsessextaxiboy

Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 20:33 - Aug 12 by oliverqpr_2000

Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 20:42 - Aug 12 with 3060 viewsJamie

Upper mid table.
Login to get fewer ads

Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 20:49 - Aug 12 with 3046 viewsNorthernr

Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 20:33 - Aug 12 by oliverqpr_2000

If Blackpool win the league I'll give you the money myself.
Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 20:51 - Aug 12 with 3042 viewsdanehoop

escape relegation in final week after an unlikely event involving Watford, Blackpool, Blackburn, Huddersfield, Sheffield Wednesday and herd of wild cows, a baseball and a piece of glass.

Never knowingly understood

Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 21:05 - Aug 12 with 3027 viewsMrNITK

Champions
Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 10:48 - Aug 13 with 2936 viewsCliff

Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 19:53 - Aug 12 by soupandhoop

somewhere between top and bottom.i might be wrong though.

I think you will be wrong - we'll either be top OR bottom
Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 11:47 - Aug 13 with 2901 viewsHolser

Mid table mediocrity imo

80's F block

Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 11:48 - Aug 13 with 2894 viewssimmo

Almost impossible to predict at this point. But I will go with my initial thoughts which is 10th.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 11:53 - Aug 13 with 2884 viewsadhoc_qpr

5th - 12th depending on a couple more signings (full back & striker) plus our luck with injuries to key players (or lack of it) over the season.
Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 11:58 - Aug 13 with 2875 viewsfakekerby

My initial prediction was 19th, but I do feel a lot better about us following the opening week - some players like Hoilett, Barton, Onouha have stepped up, we've got another couple of good players to come in, like Baird, another couple of the bad eggs will leave as well. Also, we may not have won against Huddersfield but the fact we even managed to put together a decent away performance said a lot to me.

If we manage to add another good quality striker - Crouch, Zapata... I think play offs is a distinct possibility.
Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 12:01 - Aug 13 with 2871 viewsqpr85

I said at the beginning of the season I think we will be lucky to reach the play-offs and I haven’t seen anything to change my mind.
If we end up 7th I’d considered that a success. In the play-offs I’d be ecstatic and I’m not even going to considered the top 2 places. If we do end up there I think I would have a heart attack through disbelief.
Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 12:07 - Aug 13 with 2864 viewsadhoc_qpr

Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 12:01 - Aug 13 by qpr85

I said at the beginning of the season I think we will be lucky to reach the play-offs and I haven’t seen anything to change my mind.
If we end up 7th I’d considered that a success. In the play-offs I’d be ecstatic and I’m not even going to considered the top 2 places. If we do end up there I think I would have a heart attack through disbelief.

That's a fair assessment, but with a couple of tweaks to the squad and a bit of luck the playoffs aren't out of the question.

IF we can get some consistency and keep ourselves in the mix of the top half of the table, a late playoff run is always a possibility (as is a late relegation plunge...).

Also if we are top 10 in January, you'd think we'll no doubt strengthen for a promotion push - TF is clearly desperate to bounce back at first time of asking and Harry is only here for one attempt (his words).
Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 12:31 - Aug 13 with 2848 viewsDANRANGER

Top 6 for me and if the strikers we have/we sign get the goals you'd expect then I'd go top 2. Impressed with the attitude so far and the worry that we didn't have enough match winners isn't as big an issue as I thought (life after Adel and all that).

Jury still out in some ways though as to how we react to defeat but I'm feeling surprisingly good about the season.
Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 12:47 - Aug 13 with 2830 viewsLblock

I dont think you can safely make any predictions at this level --- that's what worries me!!

The next 3 games will give an indication of how we'll fair but that may well be dependant on who comes in between now and 2nd September and maybe even after due to the differing rules at this level.

Our only creative spark seems to be Hoillet with all other players being linked with us or recently signed being somewhat "industrial". If we were to be following the recipe that we cooked into a Championship winning pie last time then I think we are woefully short; that was basically:-
Solid reliable keeper unfazed by anything or anyone; used in liberal doses
Mix carefully with a solid back line with one player possessing phenomenal pace
Add an attritional midfield with players that can get stuck in and also pass the ball
Heat up with a speedy winger with a reliable centre forward
Bring to the boil with a sprinkling of devastating skill from a player which could turn the mix bad at any time in cooking and needs treating with oven gloves.
Serve warm to 18,000 fans

Note - avoid adding any Italian flavourings in at the last minute.

If pushed for a placing prediction I think we'll be 7th and miss out on play offs agonisingly! Then we'll have a summer of spin on new grounds, training centres etc

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 12:52 - Aug 13 with 2823 viewsade_qpr

dreaming about top 2, but just in the top ten my tip

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 13:08 - Aug 13 with 2796 viewsNorthernr

Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 12:47 - Aug 13 by Lblock

I dont think you can safely make any predictions at this level --- that's what worries me!!

The next 3 games will give an indication of how we'll fair but that may well be dependant on who comes in between now and 2nd September and maybe even after due to the differing rules at this level.

Our only creative spark seems to be Hoillet with all other players being linked with us or recently signed being somewhat "industrial". If we were to be following the recipe that we cooked into a Championship winning pie last time then I think we are woefully short; that was basically:-
Add an attritional midfield with players that can get stuck in and also pass the ball
Bring to the boil with a sprinkling of devastating skill from a player which could turn the mix bad at any time in cooking and needs treating with oven gloves.

If pushed for a placing prediction I think we'll be 7th and miss out on play offs agonisingly! Then we'll have a summer of spin on new grounds, training centres etc

I think you're dead right about the difficulty in making predictions. Th reason I've held off doing a season preview is because until the transfer window closes who knows what team everybody is going to have.

By September 3 we could be selecting a strike force from Crouch, Johnson, Austin, Zapata and Defoe. Or we could have had Zapata's work permit turned down, not got Crouch or Defoe, have Johnson and Austin long term injured and be selecting a strike force from Zamora and Zamora.
Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 13:17 - Aug 13 with 2770 viewssimmo

Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 12:47 - Aug 13 by Lblock

Our only creative spark seems to be Hoillet with all other players being linked with us or recently signed being somewhat "industrial"

This is the part that worries me, although I think Faurlin has the potential to be creative, that is probably an earlier phase of play than the 'final ball'. That is why I would like to see another winger, similar to Hoilett to 1) provide additional chances but also 2) take some of the attention away from Hoilett. With teams that set up correctly it doesnt seem like they will have to do much to nullify us...

Hoilett and Onouha our most important players IMO, we just do not have the players to do the same job.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 13:22 - Aug 13 with 2763 viewsMonahoop

My initial prediction is I think we will finish 11th, 10th, 9th or 8th or thereabouts. Could be the other way round of course!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Predictions on where we will come in the league!!?? on 13:26 - Aug 13 with 2754 viewsLewes_r

Bit more optimistic than i was 2 weeks ago.. I'll go for 6th!

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024