Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Day 45 Years Ago 14:58 - Feb 17 with 583 viewsSaintNick

We beat West Brom at the Del in an FA Cup 5th round replay, I remember finishing school, getting home, early dinner before getting the bus to the Dell to get in the ground at 6pm when the gates opened as it was pay on the night and going to get somewhere near capacity

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

This Day 45 Years Ago on 16:37 - Feb 17 with 541 viewsdirk_doone

Yes, we usually play our FA Cup games against West Brom on February 17th. It's become something of a tradition.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

This Day 45 Years Ago on 16:41 - Feb 17 with 532 viewsstmichael

I was there too.. Thousands still outside when Channon scored..

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

This Day 45 Years Ago on 17:02 - Feb 17 with 518 viewsdirk_doone

There were thousands of Saints fans at the one at the Hawthorns in 1968 too. We came so close to beating the eventual cup winners that year. After we'd drawn up there, I expected us to beat them at the Dell. But, of course, there was no stopping Jeff Astle that year and he continued his scoring spree all the way to Wembley, where he scored the winner against Everton.

Then we won at the Hawthorns in 2018 on our way to the semi-final. Hopefully, our next February 17th FA Cup game against West Brom will be on our way to winning the final again like we did in 1976.

Anyway, one thing's for sure: whenever Saints and West Brom play an FA Cup game on February 17th, one of us ends up at Wembley.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 17:12]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

This Day 45 Years Ago on 17:23 - Feb 17 with 488 viewsSonicBoom

I was there, think I was about 7. I dont remember the score or the game just the crowd being crammed in. I'm sure there was like 29000 there but maybe that was just my imagination as a kid.
This Day 45 Years Ago on 17:28 - Feb 17 with 485 views1teeminants

Yes I was there too great memories . I Always enjoy West Brom away too one of my favourite aways. Good train trip ,good beer up, good atmosphere and we usually do ok there.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024