Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bertie Mee Said To Bill Shankly 23:03 - Oct 17 with 831 viewsSaintNick

I have been watching some of the Big Match revisited programmes and i have to say the Premier League lacks some good british managers with personalities these days

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Bertie Mee Said To Bill Shankly on 23:11 - Oct 17 with 811 viewsSadoldgit

Does it lack any good foreign managers with personalities?
There are plenty of British managers with personalities but no one wants them at our club.
Bertie Mee Said To Bill Shankly on 23:13 - Oct 17 with 811 viewsSaintNick

Bertie Mee Said To Bill Shankly on 23:11 - Oct 17 by Sadoldgit

Does it lack any good foreign managers with personalities?
There are plenty of British managers with personalities but no one wants them at our club.

I cant think of too many great British managers even fewer with personalities or passion

Bertie Mee Said To Bill Shankly on 09:13 - Oct 18 with 689 viewsBerber

Bertie Mee Said To Bill Shankly on 23:13 - Oct 17 by SaintNick

I cant think of too many great British managers even fewer with personalities or passion

There is the sparkling wit of Eddie Howe, who looks like he has been constipated for a week, the dull same old, same old from Steve Bruce, Anyone want a fight from Sean Dyche, any others?
Bertie Mee Said To Bill Shankly on 09:17 - Oct 18 with 685 viewsSaintNick

Bertie Mee Said To Bill Shankly on 09:13 - Oct 18 by Berber

There is the sparkling wit of Eddie Howe, who looks like he has been constipated for a week, the dull same old, same old from Steve Bruce, Anyone want a fight from Sean Dyche, any others?

Brendan Rodgers is perhaps the most successful, but he is dour as they come and i don't think he considers himself British

Bertie Mee Said To Bill Shankly on 09:46 - Oct 18 with 657 viewsSadoldgit

Bertie Mee Said To Bill Shankly on 23:13 - Oct 17 by SaintNick

You said good originally which widens the scope to include people like Neil Warnock. Like him or not he has personality. Nigel Adkins has plenty of personality. Life was very different back in the 50’s to 70’s and footballers and football mangers were a very different breed. Society doesn’t produce the likes of Brian Clough anymore! I wonder how the likes of him and Bill Shankly would cope with the level of public scrutiny and social media nowadays?
Bertie Mee Said To Bill Shankly on 09:55 - Oct 18 with 647 viewsdarthvader

Bertie Mee Said To Bill Shankly on 09:17 - Oct 18 by SaintNick

Brendan Rodgers is perhaps the most successful, but he is dour as they come and i don't think he considers himself British

Plus hes vertically challenged

keep the faith coyr

Bertie Mee Said To Bill Shankly on 17:19 - Oct 18 with 549 viewsChesham_Saint

Bertie Mee Said To Bill Shankly on 09:13 - Oct 18 by Berber

Graham Potter and David Moyes...? Actually I quite like both.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Bertie Mee Said To Bill Shankly on 17:57 - Oct 18 with 527 viewsA1079

There did seem to be an era of British managers when we had Lawrie McMenemy and then there was Bobby Robson at Ipswich, Brian Clough at Forest, Ron Atkinson at West Brom and Man U, John Lyall at West Ham, Keith Burkinshaw at Spurs, John Bond at Man City, Terry Neill and then Don Howe at Arsenal and the list probably goes on.

British managers seem few and far between at top level now. Whether that it is that they are not good enough, too many are happier going into presenting, punditry and commentating (far easier than putting up with awkward over paid footballers and abuse from fans) or it is just fashionable to have a non domestic manager I am not sure.
Login to get fewer ads

Bertie Mee Said To Bill Shankly on 19:25 - Oct 18 with 501 viewsBazza

Bertie Mee Said To Bill Shankly on 17:57 - Oct 18 by A1079

There did seem to be an era of British managers when we had Lawrie McMenemy and then there was Bobby Robson at Ipswich, Brian Clough at Forest, Ron Atkinson at West Brom and Man U, John Lyall at West Ham, Keith Burkinshaw at Spurs, John Bond at Man City, Terry Neill and then Don Howe at Arsenal and the list probably goes on.

British managers seem few and far between at top level now. Whether that it is that they are not good enough, too many are happier going into presenting, punditry and commentating (far easier than putting up with awkward over paid footballers and abuse from fans) or it is just fashionable to have a non domestic manager I am not sure.

Limited no of British managers could due to very few being qualified coaches. Number of qualified top level coaches for example in Spain is 10 times the number in England which is about 200 despite ex players being fast tracked here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024