Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scotland V Ukraine 12:14 - Jun 1 with 1949 viewsSaintNick

We have an interest in it with Che McAdams playing, but who does everyone want to win Ukraine is suspect, I wonder whether Putin will be tuning in tonight

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Scotland V Ukraine on 13:28 - Jun 1 with 1899 viewsElijahK

I still remember hearing on talksport about how Borris said that Ukraine should automatically get in because of what had happened. But I think Scotland will win it, as they’ve actually got a fairly decent team these days, and Ukraine have a few decent players, but not as consistent as Scotland, hence why they’ve got some holes in their squad, which is why I don’t see them winning tonight.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Scotland V Ukraine on 13:33 - Jun 1 with 1896 views1885_SFC

Come on Ukraine! I don't want those sweaties winning anything. Sorry Che, but Sláva Ukrayíni!

Old School is Cool

Scotland V Ukraine on 14:20 - Jun 1 with 1872 viewsWints76

I want Scotlamd to beat Ukraine and Wales. Gives our group far more of an edge.
Scotland V Ukraine on 14:36 - Jun 1 with 1856 viewsSaintNick

Scotland V Ukraine on 14:20 - Jun 1 by Wints76

I want Scotlamd to beat Ukraine and Wales. Gives our group far more of an edge.

Its Scotland the Auld Enemy or whatever they say, I want other European countries to supply Ukraine with International class players ie we should supply then with Harry Kane's to boost their firepower.

I watched a documentary last night about the Black Death in 1348, as we were overcome by it, Scotland thinking we would be weakened used it as an opportunity to invade, we still drove them back with ease and they went home with their tail between their legs and took the Black Death back to Scotland with them.

Many comparisons could be drawn with Sturgeon/Kranky here who crowed about being Covid less and then was swamped.

Anyway I havent forgiven them for that incursion and nor should any right minded Englishman, especially on this hallowed weekend when our Sovereign (Gawd Bless her) is celebrating her jubilee when we should remember the 74th verse of the national anthem which has the words "Rebellious Scots To Crush" in it

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Scotland V Ukraine on 15:49 - Jun 1 with 1830 viewsWints76

Scotland V Ukraine on 14:36 - Jun 1 by SaintNick

Its Scotland the Auld Enemy or whatever they say, I want other European countries to supply Ukraine with International class players ie we should supply then with Harry Kane's to boost their firepower.

I watched a documentary last night about the Black Death in 1348, as we were overcome by it, Scotland thinking we would be weakened used it as an opportunity to invade, we still drove them back with ease and they went home with their tail between their legs and took the Black Death back to Scotland with them.

Many comparisons could be drawn with Sturgeon/Kranky here who crowed about being Covid less and then was swamped.

Anyway I havent forgiven them for that incursion and nor should any right minded Englishman, especially on this hallowed weekend when our Sovereign (Gawd Bless her) is celebrating her jubilee when we should remember the 74th verse of the national anthem which has the words "Rebellious Scots To Crush" in it

Maybe it is because I am part Irish and am looking towards my Celtic brothers? If Scotland do win, who would you want to win out of Scotland and Wales?

25% Irish/75% Wessex Boy NOT English as the saying goes.

Btw, if that documentary last night was on after the Imperial War Museum thing on Ch 5, I saw some of that. That lady presenting it is excellent.
Scotland V Ukraine on 17:15 - Jun 1 with 1756 viewskingslandstand1

Scotland V Ukraine on 15:49 - Jun 1 by Wints76

Maybe it is because I am part Irish and am looking towards my Celtic brothers? If Scotland do win, who would you want to win out of Scotland and Wales?

25% Irish/75% Wessex Boy NOT English as the saying goes.

Btw, if that documentary last night was on after the Imperial War Museum thing on Ch 5, I saw some of that. That lady presenting it is excellent.

I love Lucy!!
Scotland V Ukraine on 17:45 - Jun 1 with 1725 viewsChesham_Saint

Scotland V Ukraine on 13:28 - Jun 1 by ElijahK

I still remember hearing on talksport about how Borris said that Ukraine should automatically get in because of what had happened. But I think Scotland will win it, as they’ve actually got a fairly decent team these days, and Ukraine have a few decent players, but not as consistent as Scotland, hence why they’ve got some holes in their squad, which is why I don’t see them winning tonight.

Much as I despise the euro song contest, for me it got even more pathetic when they awarded the thing to Ukraine, what utter bollox.

When it comes to sport and the Js, my default is that I what them to lose - ideally to the point of humiliation, but that loss should be on sporting merit not sympathy for their opposition. In short, I want Ukraine to win, but on merit not sympathy.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Scotland V Ukraine on 20:13 - Jun 1 with 1687 viewsElijahK

Scotland V Ukraine on 17:45 - Jun 1 by Chesham_Saint

Much as I despise the euro song contest, for me it got even more pathetic when they awarded the thing to Ukraine, what utter bollox.

When it comes to sport and the Js, my default is that I what them to lose - ideally to the point of humiliation, but that loss should be on sporting merit not sympathy for their opposition. In short, I want Ukraine to win, but on merit not sympathy.

No yeah I think your spot on there. As people can want Ukraine to win and support them because of why they’ve been through, but that stupid Eurovision and people saying that Ukraine should automatically win/qualify/skip a faze etc, just aren’t right. As for starters practically all of those who are performing aren’t actually involved in it, as they’re not the ones fighting or defending their homeland (although they may have family who are, which is why I still have sympathy for them). But just because somethings happened that has 0% to do with the game, it shouldn’t mean that they get an advantage over others, as maybe those that have done bad things should be punished, even if it’s got nothing to do with the game (so what’s happened with Russia), but to credit those that have had bad things done to them isn’t fair. As if they automatically qualify m then that removes a place for another team that’s done nothing right or wrong, but if they miss out on that spot, then they’ve had punishment for something that they’ve done nothing wrong in.

Login to get fewer ads

Scotland V Ukraine on 20:22 - Jun 1 with 1672 viewsElijahK

Blimey Ukraine are 1-0 up, bit surprised by that. Still what a cracker to open the score with

Scotland V Ukraine on 20:57 - Jun 1 with 1639 views1885_SFC

2-0 now and deservedly so.

Cheerio sweaties

Old School is Cool

Scotland V Ukraine on 20:58 - Jun 1 with 1637 viewsinthebox

Scotland V Ukraine on 14:36 - Jun 1 by SaintNick

1348, I remember like it was only yesterday. I can't forgive them either those dastardly Jocks, and as for the Queen she would be perfect if her ancestors weren't Krauts like King George, bring back Henry the viii oh no he was a Taffy, Charles 1 was Scottish I give up.
Scotland V Ukraine on 22:04 - Jun 1 with 1560 viewsdirk_doone

Scotland V Ukraine on 20:58 - Jun 1 by inthebox

1348, I remember like it was only yesterday. I can't forgive them either those dastardly Jocks, and as for the Queen she would be perfect if her ancestors weren't Krauts like King George, bring back Henry the viii oh no he was a Taffy, Charles 1 was Scottish I give up.

England was ruled by Germans after they took over from the Dutch and before them the French and before them the Danes and Italians but Boris Johnson's ancestor, George II, born in Hanover, was the last German King of England who, of course, spoke German and even French much better than he spoke English. When the Scottish Stuarts were in charge it made a pleasant change for the English to at least be ruled by people from the British Isles.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2022 22:10]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Scotland V Ukraine on 23:05 - Jun 1 with 1483 viewsChesham_Saint

Scotland V Ukraine on 22:04 - Jun 1 by dirk_doone

England was ruled by Germans after they took over from the Dutch and before them the French and before them the Danes and Italians but Boris Johnson's ancestor, George II, born in Hanover, was the last German King of England who, of course, spoke German and even French much better than he spoke English. When the Scottish Stuarts were in charge it made a pleasant change for the English to at least be ruled by people from the British Isles.

“England” was ruled by the Germans? Must have missed that….

Scotland V Ukraine on 23:17 - Jun 1 with 1472 viewsdirk_doone

Scotland V Ukraine on 23:05 - Jun 1 by Chesham_Saint

“England” was ruled by the Germans? Must have missed that….

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Hanover

Scotland V Ukraine on 08:07 - Jun 2 with 1276 viewsChesham_Saint

Scotland V Ukraine on 23:17 - Jun 1 by dirk_doone

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Hanover

Ah, misread, thought you meant that England was ruled by the Germans before the Tudors etc

Scotland V Ukraine on 11:18 - Jun 2 with 1177 viewsdirk_doone

What football teams our non-English rulers (I won't say foreign because Scotland and Wales are still British) would have supported, based on their birth places, if they'd been alive today.:

William I - Caen/ France
William II- Rennes/ France
Stephen - PSG/ France
Henry II - Le Mans/ France
Edward II - Wrexham/ Wales
Richard II - Bordeaux/ France
Henry V - Cardiff City/ Wales
Edward IV - Rouen/ France
Henry VII - Swansea/ Wales
James I - Hibernian/ Scotland
Charles I - Dunfermline Athletic/ Scotland
William III - Den Haag/ Netherlands
George I - Hannover 96/ Germany
George II - Hannover 96/ Germany (Boris Johnson's German ancestor was the last foreign ruler of England)

Our 11th century Danish kings, like Canute, could support any team in the Danish Superliga, even Midtjylland/ Denmark
[Post edited 2 Jun 2022 13:57]

Scotland V Ukraine on 16:43 - Jun 2 with 1010 viewsChesham_Saint

Scotland V Ukraine on 11:18 - Jun 2 by dirk_doone

What football teams our non-English rulers (I won't say foreign because Scotland and Wales are still British) would have supported, based on their birth places, if they'd been alive today.:

William I - Caen/ France
William II- Rennes/ France
Stephen - PSG/ France
Henry II - Le Mans/ France
Edward II - Wrexham/ Wales
Richard II - Bordeaux/ France
Henry V - Cardiff City/ Wales
Edward IV - Rouen/ France
Henry VII - Swansea/ Wales
James I - Hibernian/ Scotland
Charles I - Dunfermline Athletic/ Scotland
William III - Den Haag/ Netherlands
George I - Hannover 96/ Germany
George II - Hannover 96/ Germany (Boris Johnson's German ancestor was the last foreign ruler of England)

Our 11th century Danish kings, like Canute, could support any team in the Danish Superliga, even Midtjylland/ Denmark
[Post edited 2 Jun 2022 13:57]

The Normans weren’t French though, were they.

Scotland V Ukraine on 16:49 - Jun 2 with 996 viewsRednWight

Scotland V Ukraine on 22:04 - Jun 1 by dirk_doone

Queen Victoria spoke German before she spoke English and if the rules of succession had been as they are now when she died, I.e. females treated equally, the next king would have been Kaiser Bill

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024