Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Opposition MP's 14:34 - Aug 2 with 1603 viewsRon11

Considering the current knee jerk actions and lack of clarity from the government, you would think that there might be something positive or revolutionary coming from non Tory MP's.
It seems not.
Lib Dem MP Layla Moran being interviewed on Sky about the confusion of the reopening of schools in September (today) stated that the government should be aiming to 'eliminate the virus' and used Scotland and New Zealand as shining examples to us as how to do it right - conveniently not mentioning the fact that the total population of Scotland is 5.2 million, NZ is even less than that but of course failed mention that England's current population is 66.6 million and growing by the day. Of course the interviewer failed to raise this glaring fact.
As usual, a pompous Lib Dem full of shit.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2020 14:36]
Opposition MP's on 15:31 - Aug 2 with 1161 viewsthissceptredsaint

The population numbers argument is a red herring I am afraid, its per head of population. New Zealand has done well, Scotland has done almost as badly as England

Wales has done somewhat better than the aforementioned uk countries but no one mentions them.

I do not know what the fook Labour are saying these days Starmer is little better than Johnson and just seems to wait and see what the tories say and then says we would have done the same but a little bit better or more efficiently. I don't think there is much of an opposition
Opposition MP's on 16:10 - Aug 2 with 1132 viewsDorsetIan

Give the size of the Johnson majority, the need to be supportive at this time of crisis, and the fact that there are so many incompetents in the Cabinet who are very well capable of shooting themselves in the foot, any sensible opposition should simply be trying to keep its nose clean at this stage of the Parliament.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Opposition MP's on 16:41 - Aug 2 with 1101 viewsgrumpy

Opposition MP's on 16:10 - Aug 2 by DorsetIan

Give the size of the Johnson majority, the need to be supportive at this time of crisis, and the fact that there are so many incompetents in the Cabinet who are very well capable of shooting themselves in the foot, any sensible opposition should simply be trying to keep its nose clean at this stage of the Parliament.

Johnson is full of cliches and hand waving.
PMQs he spends a lot of time looking behind him for support, unfortunately due to distancing he hasn't got the support he craves.Even the speaker has pulled him up on it.
Starmer is trying to be constructive not egotistic.
Opposition MP's on 19:32 - Aug 2 with 1027 viewsSadoldgit

It’s all very well to have a pop at the LibDems but at least they are talking about a strategy. If only this government had one.

As for Starmer, he is no fool. You are right Ian. All he has to do is sit back and let Johnson and his equally inept cabinet continue to make a shambles of running the country and he will hoover up votes from the growing number of disaffected voters.
Opposition MP's on 19:37 - Aug 2 with 1025 viewsJaySaint

Opposition MP's on 19:32 - Aug 2 by Sadoldgit

It’s all very well to have a pop at the LibDems but at least they are talking about a strategy. If only this government had one.

As for Starmer, he is no fool. You are right Ian. All he has to do is sit back and let Johnson and his equally inept cabinet continue to make a shambles of running the country and he will hoover up votes from the growing number of disaffected voters.

what strategy is that then?
how is it working our for them?
did you hear their two potential leaders make embarrassing attempts in asking the question posed - define a woman?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Opposition MP's on 19:48 - Aug 2 with 1011 viewsthissceptredsaint

Well Starmer is not doing anything in the polls

I don't believe he is being constructive, he is as dull as dishwater and has no ideas of his own, even the new shadow chancellor is too cowardly to address the elephant in the room the need to correctly and progressively tax.
Opposition MP's on 21:01 - Aug 2 with 966 viewsgrumpy

Opposition MP's on 19:48 - Aug 2 by thissceptredsaint

I don't believe he is being constructive, he is as dull as dishwater and has no ideas of his own, even the new shadow chancellor is too cowardly to address the elephant in the room the need to correctly and progressively tax.

He cant be very constructive if the government doesn't take any notice of his advice.

He wanted a consensus on schools he didn't get it and look what's happened.
etc etc etc

He isn't dull,hes very astute.

If you're happy with all that arm waving and cliches while we drown in confusion so be it.
Opposition MP's on 21:36 - Aug 2 with 940 viewsBoris_

Soppy, Grumpy and Ian all jumping straight in on the thread one after the other. Predictable.

What a bunch of bores.

Poll: Claude Puel

Login to get fewer ads

Opposition MP's on 21:57 - Aug 2 with 929 viewsgrumpy

Opposition MP's on 21:36 - Aug 2 by Boris_

Soppy, Grumpy and Ian all jumping straight in on the thread one after the other. Predictable.

What a bunch of bores.

You should know.
Hows your High Street business getting on?The way things are going you might end up on your own there.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2020 22:00]
Opposition MP's on 22:01 - Aug 2 with 925 viewsKennington

Opposition MP's on 15:31 - Aug 2 by thissceptredsaint

The population numbers argument is a red herring I am afraid, its per head of population. New Zealand has done well, Scotland has done almost as badly as England

Wales has done somewhat better than the aforementioned uk countries but no one mentions them.

I do not know what the fook Labour are saying these days Starmer is little better than Johnson and just seems to wait and see what the tories say and then says we would have done the same but a little bit better or more efficiently. I don't think there is much of an opposition

It’s not a red herring at all. London, New York, Paris and other global cities have higher density and transient populations than Wellington or Edinburgh. Per head of population is simply a way to compare areas that are different sizes, and don’t address the ease of transmission in those areas. If you take things a stage further the world’s mega cities like Mexico City or Johannesburg are even harder to control and the spread is going to be far quicker than a rural town in NZ, which could easily be isolated by some fencing and a poster of a flaming galar. Therefore avoiding the spread to the next farmstead a few miles down the track.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Opposition MP's on 22:16 - Aug 2 with 906 viewsDorsetIan

Opposition MP's on 21:36 - Aug 2 by Boris_

What a bunch of bores.

Whereas your contribution is what?

Opposition MP's on 22:21 - Aug 2 with 904 viewsthissceptredsaint

If he was that astute he wouldn't have presided over the payout against the advice of his party lawyers in the antisemitism saga. They were expected to win that. Now his party will be vulnerable to multiple claims with varying degrees of substance to them

Please tell me how he is 'astute' or forensic? This is spin. He is a cold fish and he treats politics as a game
Opposition MP's on 22:35 - Aug 2 with 897 viewsgrumpy

Opposition MP's on 22:21 - Aug 2 by thissceptredsaint

If he was that astute he wouldn't have presided over the payout against the advice of his party lawyers in the antisemitism saga. They were expected to win that. Now his party will be vulnerable to multiple claims with varying degrees of substance to them

Please tell me how he is 'astute' or forensic? This is spin. He is a cold fish and he treats politics as a game

How does Boris treat it then?
Opposition MP's on 22:53 - Aug 2 with 888 viewsDorsetIan

Opposition MP's on 22:21 - Aug 2 by thissceptredsaint

I agree that he's a cold fish. His lack of obvious charm might limit him, but my guess is that after 5 years with the keystone cops in charge, the country will be crying out for a bit of sanity.

Opposition MP's on 23:04 - Aug 2 with 879 viewsSadoldgit

Opposition MP's on 19:48 - Aug 2 by thissceptredsaint

Re the polls, I’m not sure that it true. From what I have seen he has overtaken Johnson. The one that matters is in 4 years time though so let’s see how that pans out.

As for being dull. If you want entertainment watch Mrs Brown’s Boys. I want a PM who is mature, capable, reliable, trustworthy, intelligent, diligent and empathic. Boris Johnson has none of these attributes, but if you want a chubby buffoon hanging from a wire waving Union Jacks, he is your man.
Opposition MP's on 23:12 - Aug 2 with 876 views1885_SFC

Opposition MP's on 23:04 - Aug 2 by Sadoldgit

Re the polls, I’m not sure that it true. From what I have seen he has overtaken Johnson. The one that matters is in 4 years time though so let’s see how that pans out.

As for being dull. If you want entertainment watch Mrs Brown’s Boys. I want a PM who is mature, capable, reliable, trustworthy, intelligent, diligent and empathic. Boris Johnson has none of these attributes, but if you want a chubby buffoon hanging from a wire waving Union Jacks, he is your man.

" I want a PM who is mature, capable, reliable, trustworthy, intelligent, diligent and empathic."

Keep wanting then. We haven't had one of those since Thatcher.

Old School is Cool

Opposition MP's on 07:54 - Aug 3 with 790 viewssaint22

The Lib Dems can say what they like they will never get elected, a wasted party and vote
Opposition MP's on 08:39 - Aug 3 with 768 viewsBoris_

Opposition MP's on 22:16 - Aug 2 by DorsetIan

Whereas your contribution is what?

Highlighting how obsessed you are with pushing your left wing ideologies and moaning about Boris to a bunch of strangers on a football forum.

Opposition MP's on 09:32 - Aug 3 with 744 viewsDorsetIan

Opposition MP's on 08:39 - Aug 3 by Boris_

Highlighting how obsessed you are with pushing your left wing ideologies and moaning about Boris to a bunch of strangers on a football forum.

For the first time?

Why don't bore off somewhere else if you've got nothing constructive to say.

Opposition MP's on 10:22 - Aug 3 with 722 viewsBoris_

Opposition MP's on 09:32 - Aug 3 by DorsetIan

For the first time?

Why don't bore off somewhere else if you've got nothing constructive to say.

Do you like football?

Opposition MP's on 10:34 - Aug 3 with 714 viewsDorsetIan

Opposition MP's on 10:22 - Aug 3 by Boris_

Do you like football?

Yes. I wonder where this line of questioning is leading...

Opposition MP's on 10:55 - Aug 3 with 699 viewsBoris_

Opposition MP's on 10:34 - Aug 3 by DorsetIan

Yes. I wonder where this line of questioning is leading...

Just wondering why you never talk about football? Pretty much the only thing you do on here is push your left wing opinions on people.

Wouldn't you be better off on a Political forum?

Opposition MP's on 11:09 - Aug 3 with 688 viewsDorsetIan

Opposition MP's on 10:55 - Aug 3 by Boris_

Just wondering why you never talk about football? Pretty much the only thing you do on here is push your left wing opinions on people.

Wouldn't you be better off on a Political forum?

Why don't you do some research before opening your mouth. You will find plenty of posts about football.

And when you've done that maybe have a word with Nick because there is non-football section on here which - call me a pedant - is presumably for stuff other than football.

And when you've done that perhaps have a word with Ron11 for starting a political thread...

...but bottom line Boris is that you are full of sh!t. You don't have a consistent view on anything. You are one of the few posters left on here who behaves like he's still in the playground and pretty much all the things you accuse others of, you do yourself in spades.

You have all the characteristics of a troll and if it weren't for your extraordinary business empire and your great works of charity, I would be convinced that you are sitting in a bedsit in Omsk pumping out this drivel.

Opposition MP's on 11:12 - Aug 3 with 685 viewsBoris_

Opposition MP's on 11:09 - Aug 3 by DorsetIan

Why don't you do some research before opening your mouth. You will find plenty of posts about football.

And when you've done that maybe have a word with Nick because there is non-football section on here which - call me a pedant - is presumably for stuff other than football.

And when you've done that perhaps have a word with Ron11 for starting a political thread...

...but bottom line Boris is that you are full of sh!t. You don't have a consistent view on anything. You are one of the few posters left on here who behaves like he's still in the playground and pretty much all the things you accuse others of, you do yourself in spades.

You have all the characteristics of a troll and if it weren't for your extraordinary business empire and your great works of charity, I would be convinced that you are sitting in a bedsit in Omsk pumping out this drivel.

You seem tired and a bit grumpy this morning?

Why are you so obsessed about pushing your political opinions to a bunch of strangers on a football forum? It's very odd behaviour pal.

Opposition MP's on 11:18 - Aug 3 with 683 viewsDorsetIan

Opposition MP's on 11:12 - Aug 3 by Boris_

You seem tired and a bit grumpy this morning?

Why are you so obsessed about pushing your political opinions to a bunch of strangers on a football forum? It's very odd behaviour pal.

Just bored of you, you tiresome twerp.

P.S. You second line is an exact repeat of your previous post. Check your software, if I were you.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024