Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The ignore button 18:16 - Jan 11 with 4731 viewsTreforys_Jack

Genuine question, do you use the ignore function on here and if so how many do you have on ignore. I have 3, years ago I wouldn't dream of having posters on ignore, but I genuinely believe it enhances my forum experience and keeps me from getting into petty arguments with people who I simply wouldn't choose to interact with in the real world. Makes the mods job easier as well. No doubt I'll get pelters for using it, but wondered, is it just me or do others take the easy route as well.
The ignore button on 20:11 - Jan 11 with 1242 viewsbuilthjack

The ignore button on 19:43 - Jan 11 by shingle

Problem with that is if there pretty tasty fisticuff wise the response you get once you slap them may be a very unpleasant experience for you.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 19:44]

You have to be quick. Get the first few in. It works.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The ignore button on 20:33 - Jan 11 with 1195 viewsbonymine

Jamesy mate I do try not to invoke the Ignore button and do simply read/have to tolerate the minority of absolute W⚓️s who troll this site.

However, it has become increasingly difficult to ignore these individuals who are invariably the same scumbag individuals who have infiltrated Phil’s site as well so I totally understand your stance mate !!

We all know who the trolling scumbags are just out them and move forward as a Swansea City Football Forum 👍👊

Easier said than done I appreciate but it has to start somewhere ..

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The ignore button on 20:57 - Jan 11 with 1176 viewsbuilthjack

The ignore button on 20:33 - Jan 11 by bonymine

Jamesy mate I do try not to invoke the Ignore button and do simply read/have to tolerate the minority of absolute W⚓️s who troll this site.

However, it has become increasingly difficult to ignore these individuals who are invariably the same scumbag individuals who have infiltrated Phil’s site as well so I totally understand your stance mate !!

We all know who the trolling scumbags are just out them and move forward as a Swansea City Football Forum 👍👊

Excellent post

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The ignore button on 21:44 - Jan 11 with 1141 viewsmajorraglan

Have never had anyone on ignore. There are a few posters I tend to skip over on account of them being trolls or muldoons.
The ignore button on 22:01 - Jan 11 with 1122 viewsItchySphincter

I’ve never intentionally ignored anyone, reported anyone, or messages mods encourage banning of other posters, but I sometimes wish one or two more had me on ignore.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The ignore button on 22:06 - Jan 11 with 1108 viewsKeithHaynes

The ignore button on 18:59 - Jan 11 by 3swan

Nobody on ignore.
Unless it's something that I think I can add to or challenge I don't post as much as I used to.
Rose tinted glasses time but humour does seem to be a thing of the past.

Well you should post more mate 😉
Your favourite swans side would be a good start on the football board.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The ignore button on 00:55 - Jan 12 with 1046 viewsTreforys_Jack

The ignore button on 20:33 - Jan 11 by bonymine

Too long in the tooth to put up with some of the wum's Tobes. How you doing anyway mate, have to have a beer with the lads soon, get a veterans night out arranged.
The ignore button on 01:35 - Jan 12 with 1009 viewsRonaldStump

Having someone on ignore is cowardice of the highest order, and a veiled admission that they are right but you don't agree. Only thing lower than that on a forum is calling for other posters you don't agree with to be banned.
If a massive whopper posts something I know I don't have a n interest in (and there are a few) i'll just scroll on and look for something more interesting to read. Even massive whoppers can post things i find interesting even if it is rarer than Haleys comet.

Some people just need to grow a pair of balls in reality, ignoring someone on a football forum because they've posted something you don't like ffs
[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 1:36]

(He She Him)

Login to get fewer ads

The ignore button on 08:51 - Jan 12 with 979 viewsjack_lord

I thought I had two on ignore. Just checked and it is only one who is probably the same person. It has cheered me up that that original individual has gone (hopefully banned). The same individual I was talking to Keith about a very long time ago as the biggest antagoniser on this wonderful site.
As most of us are blokes we are all prone to acting like dicks at times, especially when something hits a nerve. Some just can't hep themselves and some don't have a mute filter. I think the ignore button is a very suitable option as a substitute for those particular examples.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

The ignore button on 08:56 - Jan 12 with 966 viewsItchySphincter

The ignore button on 01:35 - Jan 12 by RonaldStump

Having someone on ignore is cowardice of the highest order, and a veiled admission that they are right but you don't agree. Only thing lower than that on a forum is calling for other posters you don't agree with to be banned.
If a massive whopper posts something I know I don't have a n interest in (and there are a few) i'll just scroll on and look for something more interesting to read. Even massive whoppers can post things i find interesting even if it is rarer than Haleys comet.

Some people just need to grow a pair of balls in reality, ignoring someone on a football forum because they've posted something you don't like ffs

Each to their own. I don’t use ignore but if people choose to because it enhances their user experience more power to them, nothing cowardly about it. I do agree though that calling for posters to be banned, or acting like a self-appointed mod or custodian of the forum, simply because they think independently is extraordinary behaviour.

The ignore button on 09:25 - Jan 12 with 932 viewsAjack_Kerouac

I don't have any on ignore and never have.

I used to be able to say that I'd never reported a post either (not my instinct to do that) but I have in the last year or so started to report the odd post (few and far between) just because I realised that many on the Left are doing that and need to be held to their own standards (as before Keith came along they were using such tactics to censor opinions they didn't like and bully people off the forum).

I don't like doing so (all seems a bit childish to me), but I will. You can't complain about unfairness if you do nothing to bring it to moderator's attention

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

The ignore button on 09:28 - Jan 12 with 937 viewsjack_lord

The ignore button on 01:35 - Jan 12 by RonaldStump

No. It may be because the poster has posted such stupid and inflammatory posts that my day is better not seeing them.

I suppose we have a different concept of cowardice.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

The ignore button on 10:07 - Jan 12 with 915 viewsCountyJim

I've pressed it by accident a few times mind it's easily done
The ignore button on 10:14 - Jan 12 with 910 viewsCatullus

The ignore button on 19:11 - Jan 11 by KeithHaynes

During the first week or so when I started this I banned myself twice in a week.

I knew you had good judgement!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The ignore button on 10:20 - Jan 12 with 891 viewsWhiterockin

The ignore button on 10:07 - Jan 12 by CountyJim

I've pressed it by accident a few times mind it's easily done

Particularly when using a mobile
The ignore button on 10:32 - Jan 12 with 876 viewsCatullus

3Swan, humour a thing of the past...you're having a laugh!

Major, my middle name is Muldoon!

Itchy, sorry but I aint putting you on ignore even if you beg.

Cowardly is posting things on here you wouldn't say to someone's face. Theres nothing cowardly in ignoring a coward.

Max, Have you considered some people think they've won just because you keep answering, they crave the attention.

Builthy, nothing posted on here is worth starting a punch up over....yet!

Treforys, I'd buy you a pint but after 30 mins you'd be desperate for the ignore button

Flash, I don't even drink so what is my excuse???

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The ignore button on 10:36 - Jan 12 with 869 viewsonehunglow

The ignore button on 10:32 - Jan 12 by Catullus

Cowardly is posting things on here you wouldn't say to someone's face. Theres nothing cowardly in ignoring a coward.

Max, Have you considered some people think they've won just because you keep answering, they crave the attention.

Treforys, I'd buy you a pint but after 30 mins you'd be desperate for the ignore button

Cat.
You left me out.
I dont like being ignored. I blame my mother.

I disagree.Plenty posted that would see me want to give someone a smack.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The ignore button on 10:44 - Jan 12 with 864 viewsItchySphincter

The ignore button on 09:25 - Jan 12 by Ajack_Kerouac

I don't have any on ignore and never have.

I used to be able to say that I'd never reported a post either (not my instinct to do that) but I have in the last year or so started to report the odd post (few and far between) just because I realised that many on the Left are doing that and need to be held to their own standards (as before Keith came along they were using such tactics to censor opinions they didn't like and bully people off the forum).

I don't like doing so (all seems a bit childish to me), but I will. You can't complain about unfairness if you do nothing to bring it to moderator's attention

The functions are there to be used. No right or wrong imo, it’s a judgement call, but I don’t think it should be abused by people craving dominance.

The ignore button on 10:46 - Jan 12 with 861 viewsCatullus

The ignore button on 10:36 - Jan 12 by onehunglow

Cat.
You left me out.
I dont like being ignored. I blame my mother.

I disagree.Plenty posted that would see me want to give someone a smack.

You're not on ignore though! OH OK,

OHL, just so you don't feel left out and ignored.....

The ignore button on 10:49 - Jan 12 with 860 viewsItchySphincter

The ignore button on 10:32 - Jan 12 by Catullus

I would hope not. You and I, and Winston for that matter, couldn’t be further apart on some political issues but I still think you are two of the finest posters on this board. There are also some well read posters who lean too far to the right for my tastes yet because of their manner and delivery I find their posts compelling and interesting. Speak as you find.

The ignore button on 10:56 - Jan 12 with 852 viewsonehunglow

The ignore button on 10:46 - Jan 12 by Catullus

You're not on ignore though! OH OK,

OHL, just so you don't feel left out and ignored.....

but you left me out of that list mun.
Even morons like me have feelings.

On topic,nothing should be read into whether people ignore or dont ignore others.
Some say they dont but do and some say they do but dont.

The ignore button on 11:02 - Jan 12 with 843 viewsCatullus

The ignore button on 10:56 - Jan 12 by onehunglow

but you left me out of that list mun.
Even morons like me have feelings.

On topic,nothing should be read into whether people ignore or dont ignore others.
Some say they dont but do and some say they do but dont.

Some girls do, some girls don't, some girls need a lot of loving, some girls don't...I changed the lyrics a bit, just for you.

Don't get the fever!

The ignore button on 11:11 - Jan 12 with 826 viewsonehunglow

The ignore button on 11:02 - Jan 12 by Catullus

Some girls do, some girls don't, some girls need a lot of loving, some girls don't...I changed the lyrics a bit, just for you.

Don't get the fever!

79 that was.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 11:12]

The ignore button on 13:59 - Jan 12 with 780 viewsTreforys_Jack

I assume one of my 3 has called me cowardly, I rest my case.
The ignore button on 19:34 - Jan 12 with 720 viewsGwyn737

The ignore button on 18:46 - Jan 11 by Gwyn737

Nope. There’s only 2 on here I won’t interact with so it doesn’t seem worth it.

My bad - make that 3.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024