Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spoilt fans 11:41 - Feb 11 with 1878 views1MoreBrightonR

Isnt it terrible....Sack the manager....anyone could get this lot promoted.....why aren't we running away with the league....no better than Hughes.....its all short term thinking....we don't beat the top teams....yawn.

I don't actually like Redknapp but the desperation to get him sacked is laughable and i've snapped ha ha. No one thought we'd be up there this season and if you did, you were living in fantasy land....If i supported another team and read some of the stuff on here, I'd think we were the biggest bunch of spoilt fans going.

rant done
Spoilt fans on 11:46 - Feb 11 with 1853 viewsdaveB

has anyone actually called for him to be sacked?
Spoilt fans on 11:49 - Feb 11 with 1835 viewsKendo_Nagasaki

We've got "quality" don't you know?

Psycho killer Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Spoilt fans on 12:12 - Feb 11 with 1779 viewskropotkin41

The OP is a bit rubbish to be honest. I think most criticism has been a bit more nuanced than you suggest.

You're dead right that most of us didn't think we'd be up there, but most of us would have settled for building a team and seeing players committed and hungry playing attacking football.

What is tragic is that we seem to have learned nothing in terms of players coming in and Harry is clearly less than interested in building a team for the future. We don't look like we'll go up and if we did it looks like it would be a disaster anyway.

Rock and hard place.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Spoilt fans on 12:54 - Feb 11 with 1682 views1MoreBrightonR

Sorry, was feeling ranty earlier...but i did log on and genuinely read someone saying we may as well have stuck with Hughes and numerous people saying "they hoped TF was sharpening his axe". Someone else said that by waiting till the end of the season we would miss out on McKay.

Messageboards are always a bad cross section of fans as you only get extremes but some of the stuff is painful.
Spoilt fans on 13:20 - Feb 11 with 1606 viewsToast_R

Have you been taking note of QPR results for the passed two seasons before this one?

A single promotion dumbed down by a points deduction hearing on the final day (Yes I still enjoyed that campaign immensley though) in amoungst 14 odd seasons of uttter utter despair, not to mention the prices we have paid for a glimpse of the top flight.

If that's being spiolt, I'd hate to hear your take on the shannigans of Veruca bloody Salt my son!
Spoilt fans on 13:36 - Feb 11 with 1578 viewsTheBlob

Spoilt??

Look up Torment in the dictionary.....

"severe physical or mental suffering.*"

*"colloquially Queen's Park Rangers"

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Spoilt fans on 13:39 - Feb 11 with 1565 views1MoreBrightonR

So all the more reason to be seeing this season as decent! yeah, it's boring and we dont look amazing....but we've all seen way way worse!
Spoilt fans on 13:55 - Feb 11 with 1539 viewsToast_R

Infact the reason some may have voiced the idea that removing Redknapp from the helm might not be a bad idea, is because our current manager is so far removed from what QPR have been doing throughout their history in order to survive and entertain us poor long suffering fans.

He is the one spoiling QPR right now having spent more on transfers in under 18 months then the club has ever spent in it’s history. And his most expensive signing turned out to be a unprepared unfit turd.

Now I can go along with it, and yes I can buy into Tony Fernandes’s big ideas and hope he realises his dream and that we can all be a part of it and the future of the club is on solid ground for generations to come.

But if Redknapp is consistently setting a team out for club literally banking on promotion, under prepared, unbalanced and with no particular idea as to how and go win a bloody football match, then I’m not going to blindly follow that and think nothing is up. The QPR way at the moment wherever it be scraping to stay in a division of fighting to get out of one, is to gift point after point to the teams your directly in competition with. It does my head in.

We can still get promoted of course, but Redknapp is making bloody hard work of it through obvious frustrating decisions that the average fan can tell a mile off won’t work too well before a ball is kicked. It’s likely he has no intention of staying around if he doesn’t get QPR up this season and on the other side of the coin if he does then then there’s the problem of QPR again being at the mercy of another hoard of signings to try and keep us there again. And again we’ll be asked to part with large Premier League standard sums of hard earned cash to follow this endeavouring crusade.

If that’s a spoilt attitude then so be it, but I would much rather someone who knows the value of a club of our nature and realises that Rome wasn’t built in a transfer window.
Login to get fewer ads

Spoilt fans on 14:13 - Feb 11 with 1521 viewscyprusmel

Spoilt fans on 12:12 - Feb 11 by kropotkin41

The OP is a bit rubbish to be honest. I think most criticism has been a bit more nuanced than you suggest.

You're dead right that most of us didn't think we'd be up there, but most of us would have settled for building a team and seeing players committed and hungry playing attacking football.

What is tragic is that we seem to have learned nothing in terms of players coming in and Harry is clearly less than interested in building a team for the future. We don't look like we'll go up and if we did it looks like it would be a disaster anyway.

Rock and hard place.

One thing that we don't know is what Harry's brief is. With the amount of money involved with being in the Prem I would think Mr Fernandez has told Harry don't worry about the future just get us back and we will sort it from there. Right or wrong I do not know but it would seem that that is what they are doing.
Spoilt fans on 14:37 - Feb 11 with 1492 viewsthemodfather

qpr had the window to buy big, with big games coming up
we did ok but no marquee signings.
I WANT STEVE CLARKE LINED UP for qpr as next manager, arry won't be around too long imo.

qpr have been rumbled, fast teams worry us, teams that close us down, chase our back 4 get rewarded....no one from the midfield can do that "special" long shot, we go side to side,back and side with little end product.
a long way to go, "welcome to the jungle"!
Spoilt fans on 15:07 - Feb 11 with 1456 viewslave16

Spoilt fans on 14:37 - Feb 11 by themodfather

qpr had the window to buy big, with big games coming up
we did ok but no marquee signings.
I WANT STEVE CLARKE LINED UP for qpr as next manager, arry won't be around too long imo.

qpr have been rumbled, fast teams worry us, teams that close us down, chase our back 4 get rewarded....no one from the midfield can do that "special" long shot, we go side to side,back and side with little end product.
a long way to go, "welcome to the jungle"!

Personally I am not a harry fan... although I am slowly becoming one... the QPR squad this year are basically a squad of players who are not wanted by any premiership clubs, are over paid and are getting on a bit... any wanted by premiership clubs are loaned to them already... If harry gets us up he has done brilliantly... plus he has taken a gamble not to spend at chrimbo on players he will have to replace in the summer if we go up... every club is treating playing us like a cup match... the mighty rich qpr as the media portray us... with the exception of us not being mighty or rich at the moment and not actually having spent that much money in the transfer market... the players we bought are both injured for the season phillips and austin... so instead of trying to throw harry under the bus for staying with us and trying to get us promoted I think its time to get behind him and appreciate his efforts with us... bear in mind if do get up he will be judged on his moves in the transfer market in the summer and if he keeps us up... so without sounding like delia come on lets be having you

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Spoilt fans on 16:11 - Feb 11 with 1386 viewsMatch82

Spoilt fans on 13:55 - Feb 11 by Toast_R

Infact the reason some may have voiced the idea that removing Redknapp from the helm might not be a bad idea, is because our current manager is so far removed from what QPR have been doing throughout their history in order to survive and entertain us poor long suffering fans.

He is the one spoiling QPR right now having spent more on transfers in under 18 months then the club has ever spent in it’s history. And his most expensive signing turned out to be a unprepared unfit turd.

Now I can go along with it, and yes I can buy into Tony Fernandes’s big ideas and hope he realises his dream and that we can all be a part of it and the future of the club is on solid ground for generations to come.

But if Redknapp is consistently setting a team out for club literally banking on promotion, under prepared, unbalanced and with no particular idea as to how and go win a bloody football match, then I’m not going to blindly follow that and think nothing is up. The QPR way at the moment wherever it be scraping to stay in a division of fighting to get out of one, is to gift point after point to the teams your directly in competition with. It does my head in.

We can still get promoted of course, but Redknapp is making bloody hard work of it through obvious frustrating decisions that the average fan can tell a mile off won’t work too well before a ball is kicked. It’s likely he has no intention of staying around if he doesn’t get QPR up this season and on the other side of the coin if he does then then there’s the problem of QPR again being at the mercy of another hoard of signings to try and keep us there again. And again we’ll be asked to part with large Premier League standard sums of hard earned cash to follow this endeavouring crusade.

If that’s a spoilt attitude then so be it, but I would much rather someone who knows the value of a club of our nature and realises that Rome wasn’t built in a transfer window.

Got to be a bit careful when you're talking about Samba, seeing as we basically got our money back.

Using that as a way of saying Harry has spent more than anyone else is a little one-sided - you could also see that he's recouped more money than anyone else too.
Spoilt fans on 16:59 - Feb 11 with 1357 viewsballbag

Sort of agree with the OP.

A Blackpool supporter at work said he saw the game and was impressed at how end-to-end it was, even went on to say he thought we looked quite good.

Actually, it probably just shows how shite Blackpool have been, poor bastard!
[Post edited 11 Feb 2014 17:00]
Spoilt fans on 17:07 - Feb 11 with 1342 viewsWeaverQPR

If we don't get promoted i won't be too bothered as the PL is not all that, and i quite enjoy seeing us win and compete. Problem is due to TF's crazy transfer policy and spending means we simply have to get promotion. Its boom or bust.
A couple of years building in the chumpionship wouldnt bother me.
If we do go up its deja vu, as we have to by another 15 odd players to replace Dads army.

@WeavQPR

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024