Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And some said we could crack the top six.... 21:54 - Mar 18 with 1409 viewsMJR

It's been a while since i've posted (the abrupt end to our 300+ page wrestling thread on the old site was saddening) but I remember reading some threads before the season began which had me chuckling today.

I can't lift any quotes because I don't have the time of day to be trawling through pages of threads, but I remember legitimate conversations going on here the gist of which were 'With Bony now we're definitely set up for the top 6'. Most argued we would take the place of either Everton or L'pool.

I'm not bashing us in any way, but its funny how our season has played out however unlucky we have been missing Michu all season long. Also i'm not a scumdiff fan.... that being said location settings would suggest otherwise me living here now and what not.

Just an observation guys don't get mad!
And some said we could crack the top six.... on 22:08 - Mar 18 with 1350 viewsLiam12345

without europa league and injuries i have no doubt we would come 6th or 7th

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

And some said we could crack the top six.... on 22:12 - Mar 18 with 1342 viewsblaine_scfc

And some said we could crack the top six.... on 22:08 - Mar 18 by Liam12345

without europa league and injuries i have no doubt we would come 6th or 7th

Even after we got drubbed first game of the season against United, I felt the performance was of a side that could easily finish top ten. Everything's got on top of us as the season has progressed, when you get in a slump, it is very hard to reverse. When Newcastle were in a similar position last season due to European commitments etc, they strengthened in January to make sure they had the strength in depth to keep them out of trouble. We didn't do that, this was always going to be a very tough ask.
And some said we could crack the top six.... on 23:41 - Mar 18 with 1233 viewsSpratty

Yep definitely I recall it too and tbh with a fit Michu and a firing Bony that immediately melded into the team and was as mobile as he has become and without some of the more key long term injuries like Pablo, I think there was a good chance. Of course January did not help and just served to underline differences between the Board and manager.

Some laughed but as I said the excitement was that anything was possible (both good and bad).

I would say the majority of us still believe in the quality of our team, so do most of the pundits that comment. Trick is to get them firing again (now most the injuries are resolved and no longer having the additional 50% burden of Europa and cup matches).

Even after failing to capitalise on 2 of the easiest matches in the run in we still only have to achieve a point per game (possibly less) to be safe. Even with the more difficult fixtures / major injuries / and packed schedule we managed to achieve this level and stay in the Europa and FA Cup pre manager sacking. So we certainly should be able to at least match that level of points now, stay in the PL and maybe get 6th next year.
And some said we could crack the top six.... on 23:53 - Mar 18 with 1215 viewsLiam12345

And some said we could crack the top six.... on 23:41 - Mar 18 by Spratty

Yep definitely I recall it too and tbh with a fit Michu and a firing Bony that immediately melded into the team and was as mobile as he has become and without some of the more key long term injuries like Pablo, I think there was a good chance. Of course January did not help and just served to underline differences between the Board and manager.

Some laughed but as I said the excitement was that anything was possible (both good and bad).

I would say the majority of us still believe in the quality of our team, so do most of the pundits that comment. Trick is to get them firing again (now most the injuries are resolved and no longer having the additional 50% burden of Europa and cup matches).

Even after failing to capitalise on 2 of the easiest matches in the run in we still only have to achieve a point per game (possibly less) to be safe. Even with the more difficult fixtures / major injuries / and packed schedule we managed to achieve this level and stay in the Europa and FA Cup pre manager sacking. So we certainly should be able to at least match that level of points now, stay in the PL and maybe get 6th next year.

its great to see everyone positivity back it shows we are well capable of it look at our performances against united in the fa cup, valencia in europa league, napoli in europa league, the liverpool game and also i thought we played well against man city and of course beating newcastle when they were top of their game this season we can stay up and we can finish 6th or 7th

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024