Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The old messageboard 23:36 - Aug 7 with 7835 viewsTangerine_Cabbie

Appears to be a lot busier over on the fansonline site than in here. Just feels like we've kind of been split up, with subjects being discussed and repeated on both sites, I'm finding myself flitting between each site. But got tbh the old site has definately got more traffic. Thoughts ?
The old messageboard on 23:42 - Aug 7 with 6361 viewsrealistic

Sadly the agenda and true colours of an individual appear to have upset many, and you can't really blame them.

It takes a lot to shock me, but the stunt pulled to make everyone think AVFTT was closing down was beyond the pale.

It's ironic, but the man who thought he was AVFTT, has essentially fallen on his own sword, as the original and true AVFTT, may well live long and prosper, whilst his new empire crumbles before it has even started.

''quod saveris metes''

The old messageboard on 23:47 - Aug 7 with 6343 viewsTomorTrev

There isn't the banter on here like there is on the original site.

Phil posted something about real ale earlier that was a really good, funny good natured thread, that got 100+posts in a couple of hours, wouldn't get that on here!

Be careful Karl, BFC is my life!!
Poll: What points tally will we get this season?

The old messageboard on 23:49 - Aug 7 with 6341 viewsTangerine_Cabbie

The old messageboard on 23:42 - Aug 7 by realistic

Sadly the agenda and true colours of an individual appear to have upset many, and you can't really blame them.

It takes a lot to shock me, but the stunt pulled to make everyone think AVFTT was closing down was beyond the pale.

It's ironic, but the man who thought he was AVFTT, has essentially fallen on his own sword, as the original and true AVFTT, may well live long and prosper, whilst his new empire crumbles before it has even started.

Tbh I thought I'd read that too... re the old site closing in a matter of weeks/month. I'd of still joined here anyway.. but yes it does appear misleading if that is so
The old messageboard on 23:49 - Aug 7 with 6337 viewsGrayth

The old messageboard on 23:42 - Aug 7 by realistic

There's a big world out there.
The old messageboard on 23:54 - Aug 7 with 6327 viewsSeasidepete

just posted this on the other site

I like the new avftt but without the numbers its never going to work.

This site will become like Lord of the Flies

Neither will have any credibility as the fans voice and both will suffer.

Exactly at the time we need to get the media to take us seriously.

Brilliant. [|)]
The old messageboard on 23:55 - Aug 7 with 6324 viewsrealistic

Yes mate, as did many others, I suspect if he was honest from the start, people would make their own mind up in time, on where to post.

Sadly he appears to have alianated a fair few, when really, was there any need?

This site IS good and has the potential to be very popular, but the agenda of one man can cause a hell of a lot of damage, and that's a shame for the people who have worked hard to set this forum up.

''quod saveris metes''

The old messageboard on 00:01 - Aug 8 with 6312 viewsSeasidepete

The old messageboard on 23:55 - Aug 7 by realistic

Yes mate, as did many others, I suspect if he was honest from the start, people would make their own mind up in time, on where to post.

This site IS good and has the potential to be very popular, but the agenda of one man can cause a hell of a lot of damage, and that's a shame for the people who have worked hard to set this forum up.

if he was "honest" and said have a look at this new site I've created no one would be bothered.
its a numbers game.
People have been moaning about the reliability of the old site for years and now they love it.......people eh!
The old messageboard on 00:03 - Aug 8 with 6307 viewsTangerine_Cabbie

The old messageboard on 23:55 - Aug 7 by realistic

Both sites have their pro's n cons, however like u say realistic. While some posters remain on the old and some on the new, the forum as it was, is divided and can't be for the better.
Login to get fewer ads

The old messageboard on 00:05 - Aug 8 with 6297 viewsrealistic

Yes, I agree, it's not all about honesty, and I could have made my point better. I do in part think it has a slight bearing though, but the overiding factor is that a large majority, appear to enjoy the original AVFTT, layout, ease of use, structure, debate etc ....

This is VERY early days though, and this new forum could yet grow (and I hope it does) ... but alianating posters from day one, isn't helping anyone, in my opinion.

''quod saveris metes''

The old messageboard on 00:08 - Aug 8 with 6261 viewsspider29

The old messageboard on 00:05 - Aug 8 by realistic

Yes, I agree, it's not all about honesty, and I could have made my point better. I do in part think it has a slight bearing though, but the overiding factor is that a large majority, appear to enjoy the original AVFTT, layout, ease of use, structure, debate etc ....

This is VERY early days though, and this new forum could yet grow (and I hope it does) ... but alianating posters from day one, isn't helping anyone, in my opinion.

The old board is...
History...
The old messageboard on 00:11 - Aug 8 with 6268 viewsrealistic

The old messageboard on 00:08 - Aug 8 by spider29

The old board is...
History...

Well judging by the traffic and volume of posts, that's clearly a load of rubbish you've just posted.

Hope it didn't take you too long to type.

''quod saveris metes''

The old messageboard on 00:11 - Aug 8 with 6266 viewsTomorTrev

The old messageboard on 00:08 - Aug 8 by spider29

The old board is...
History...

Wrong again spider!

Be careful Karl, BFC is my life!!
Poll: What points tally will we get this season?

The old messageboard on 00:19 - Aug 8 with 6250 viewsTangerine_Cabbie

The old messageboard on 00:11 - Aug 8 by TomorTrev

Wrong again spider!

Spider you are posting back and forth on both sites, so why post that ??
The old messageboard on 00:46 - Aug 8 with 6218 viewstangerinehad

The old messageboard on 00:19 - Aug 8 by Tangerine_Cabbie

Spider you are posting back and forth on both sites, so why post that ??

To be honest the robbie thing is just a bulgery red herring, when the old site crashes, which it will, then the carotids will migrate.
Having said that I do prefer the old layout.
I shall continue to chuck my keepnet out on the old site just for balance

"fire"!!!!!

The old messageboard on 02:26 - Aug 8 with 6178 viewsThe_Ghost

The old messageboard on 00:46 - Aug 8 by tangerinehad

To be honest the robbie thing is just a bulgery red herring, when the old site crashes, which it will, then the carotids will migrate.
Having said that I do prefer the old layout.
I shall continue to chuck my keepnet out on the old site just for balance

I think some people cannot tell the difference between the site owner and one of it's moderators.
The old messageboard on 08:24 - Aug 8 with 6044 viewsAVFTT

The old messageboard on 02:26 - Aug 8 by The_Ghost

I think some people cannot tell the difference between the site owner and one of it's moderators.

Just to put this one to bed once and for all - we told Fansonline we were leaving, the site therefore would be closing down but because after we'd gone there was clearly traffic continuing over there, they kept it going. Good luck to them. The reason we moved was because FOL needs major work and during the last week we were with them the site crashed twice and the admin was unusable, thus the decision.

We're delighted so far with the response on here and traffic numbers and visitors have been excellent for a site that is only 3 days old and we are getting as many new threads as any of the BFC sites. We're also aware because FOL chose to pull down links to the new sites that many people haven't found us yet. This weekend hopefully you'll see a big difference with our match day reported, galleries, prediction league, chat room, your report etc - we couldn't have done the majority of that on the old site.

We feel we have a future with this site and that some of the old AVFTT'ers will find a place over here as well.
The old messageboard on 08:47 - Aug 8 with 6012 viewsanexmanager

The old messageboard on 08:24 - Aug 8 by AVFTT

Just to put this one to bed once and for all - we told Fansonline we were leaving, the site therefore would be closing down but because after we'd gone there was clearly traffic continuing over there, they kept it going. Good luck to them. The reason we moved was because FOL needs major work and during the last week we were with them the site crashed twice and the admin was unusable, thus the decision.

We're delighted so far with the response on here and traffic numbers and visitors have been excellent for a site that is only 3 days old and we are getting as many new threads as any of the BFC sites. We're also aware because FOL chose to pull down links to the new sites that many people haven't found us yet. This weekend hopefully you'll see a big difference with our match day reported, galleries, prediction league, chat room, your report etc - we couldn't have done the majority of that on the old site.

We feel we have a future with this site and that some of the old AVFTT'ers will find a place over here as well.

BRB should be dumped if you want any credibility as i and a few others wont be staying here if that pompous buffoon continues to moderate.

I'd rather die on my feet Than keep living on my knees

The old messageboard on 11:34 - Aug 8 with 5924 viewsbillybigbananas

Never underestimate the power of inertia.

... or lack of moderation
The old messageboard on 11:39 - Aug 8 with 5909 viewsWizaard

There's an argument to be said for the uncluttered old site, but at the same time, there were a lot who derided it for exactly the same reason and wanted all the bells and whistles that are now available.

PS Don't think it was Robbie's decision to move btw, so all the agenda stuff is misplaced.
The old messageboard on 11:44 - Aug 8 with 5880 viewsTHEMISSINGLINK

The old messageboard on 11:34 - Aug 8 by billybigbananas

Never underestimate the power of inertia.

... or lack of moderation

AVFTT, and you think this site won't ever crash, according to certain technophobes the equipment being used here is more outdated than the original(and still by far the best AVFTT), time as you say will eventually tell,but the way this transfer was handled was to say the least a little on the underhanded side.Anyway back over to the real board.
The old messageboard on 11:47 - Aug 8 with 5878 viewsBISONS

You mean might be misplaced. People aren't bothered about extras, its a board to debate not to select your team and other such nonsense.
The old messageboard on 11:50 - Aug 8 with 5875 viewstde74

Some seem so keen to take offense it's a wonder they get through the day without breaking down in tears. Last time I witnessed such groundless all-encompassing paranoia we had to catch the next flight home from Amsterdam.

This post has been edited by an administrator
The old messageboard on 12:28 - Aug 8 with 5826 viewsdaveclayt

I'm on both for the time being. This one clearly has the best features, some of which I like, some of which I'm less bothered about.

The old one, for the moment anyway, seems to have most of the actual people posting, which to be honest is the whole point!
The old messageboard on 13:24 - Aug 8 with 5755 viewsrealistic

The old messageboard on 11:39 - Aug 8 by Wizaard

There's an argument to be said for the uncluttered old site, but at the same time, there were a lot who derided it for exactly the same reason and wanted all the bells and whistles that are now available.

PS Don't think it was Robbie's decision to move btw, so all the agenda stuff is misplaced.

Wizaard

I think you'll find people are being critical of basilrobbiereborn for his agenda and behaviour towards others, through moderation, personal spats etc, and not solely because he was the man responsible for moving AVFTT.

Lying as to the reason they moved hasn't helped his poularity though, in my opinion.

People appear to be voting with their feet, which is telling in itself, as they didn't have the opportunity to before.

Aside from his circle of friends, I think he's upset a large amount of people and that's not doing this site and it's hard working creators any favours at all.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2014 13:32]

''quod saveris metes''

The old messageboard on 13:27 - Aug 8 with 5742 viewsTwoPhillips

The old messageboard on 13:24 - Aug 8 by realistic

Wizaard

I think you'll find people are being critical of basilrobbiereborn for his agenda and behaviour towards others, through moderation, personal spats etc, and not solely because he was the man responsible for moving AVFTT.

Lying as to the reason they moved hasn't helped his poularity though, in my opinion.

People appear to be voting with their feet, which is telling in itself, as they didn't have the opportunity to before.

Aside from his circle of friends, I think he's upset a large amount of people and that's not doing this site and it's hard working creators any favours at all.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2014 13:32]

Think they'll come over at 3pm tomorrow when that site crashes!

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024