Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael 09:22 - Aug 8 with 5322 viewsthomasJack

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-boss-Garry-Monk-disappointe

Poll: Next signing

Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 09:25 - Aug 8 with 2747 viewsItchySphincter

No surprises there.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 09:33 - Aug 8 with 2706 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 09:25 - Aug 8 by ItchySphincter

No surprises there.

Well it seemed to me there had been a vendetta against all the Spanish players to drive them out. It now seems that GM wanted some of them to leave but is disappointed Chico has gone. I bet he feels the same about Michu and Pablo.
I was wrong. The sad thing it seems the ones he wanted to keep no longer wanted to play for the club for whatever reasons.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 09:35 - Aug 8 with 2688 viewsTom1912

Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 09:33 - Aug 8 by Private_Partz

Well it seemed to me there had been a vendetta against all the Spanish players to drive them out. It now seems that GM wanted some of them to leave but is disappointed Chico has gone. I bet he feels the same about Michu and Pablo.
I was wrong. The sad thing it seems the ones he wanted to keep no longer wanted to play for the club for whatever reasons.

I agree. I very much doubt Monk wanted Chico, Hernandez and Michu to move on.
Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 09:46 - Aug 8 with 2584 viewsheadcleaner

So the club are backing a rookie manager to get rid of a whole nationality from our club? What utter rubbish. Player come and players go losing vorm and it looking like JDG as well are we turning our back on the Dutch as well?
Swansea City boss Garry Monk on 09:51 - Aug 8 with 2557 viewsShaky

Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 09:33 - Aug 8 by Private_Partz

Indeed.

All this certainly makes a mockery of the claim that Laudrup had lost the dressing room in any sense implying some kind of democratic majority.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Swansea City boss Garry Monk on 10:09 - Aug 8 with 2481 viewsTom1912

Swansea City boss Garry Monk on 09:51 - Aug 8 by Shaky

Indeed.

All this certainly makes a mockery of the claim that Laudrup had lost the dressing room in any sense implying some kind of democratic majority.

Not neccessarily. There's nothing to say the likes of Hernandez and Michu would still be here even if Laudrup hadn't been sacked. They could have decided they wanted to move during last season-it's been implied by Napoli that they began talking to Michu months before the deal went through, for example.

Chico has simply been offered a lot more money in my opinion. He seemed more than happy to stay at the club, judging by pre-season, until the offer came in.
Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 10:36 - Aug 8 with 2344 viewsmonmouth

Look no further than buckets of Qatar cash. Without that Pablo and Chico would still be here.

Not sure giving a public message that all a player has to do is say he wants to leave to get out is all that wise though. At some stage I reckon we'll need to take a different stance, and that just makes it harder.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 10:37 - Aug 8 with 2336 viewsDarran

Yeah it seems like that to a lot if people too and they're clearly wrong.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 10:40 - Aug 8 with 2324 viewsScoobyWho

Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 09:46 - Aug 8 by headcleaner

So the club are backing a rookie manager to get rid of a whole nationality from our club? What utter rubbish. Player come and players go losing vorm and it looking like JDG as well are we turning our back on the Dutch as well?

You have a point,maybe its a non british thing.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 10:56 - Aug 8 with 2273 viewsicecoldjack

I Think nearly all the spanish players would have been happy to stay if laudrup was here, what went on has probably Made a few view the club and its new manager alot differently.

I dont Think its the club they have a problem with but more the guy in charge ,pablo and chico have prefered an exit route to a nothing league rather than play under monk, that says alot about how some of These guys view the situation.

Both pablo and chico knuckled down and were totally professional under monk, nothing more could have been Asked, yet they still seem to consider a move away a better option than staying here and playing for him.

We all preach loyalty in football and in fairness it seems the spanish guys Are very loyal, but to the manager that brought them in not the one we have now, maybe they feel a sense of injustice about the whole thing .

Its all a bit sad its ending this way, i feel for all concerned, im sure everyone wanted the best for SCFC just that people had different ideas about howto acheive that.

First 10 games we Will know where we Are at, onlythen Will we know if all the tough calls Made
were the right ones, Even then its still our club so what the fook anyway, still love em dont we !
Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 10:59 - Aug 8 with 2249 viewsDarran

Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 10:56 - Aug 8 by icecoldjack

I Think nearly all the spanish players would have been happy to stay if laudrup was here, what went on has probably Made a few view the club and its new manager alot differently.

I dont Think its the club they have a problem with but more the guy in charge ,pablo and chico have prefered an exit route to a nothing league rather than play under monk, that says alot about how some of These guys view the situation.

Both pablo and chico knuckled down and were totally professional under monk, nothing more could have been Asked, yet they still seem to consider a move away a better option than staying here and playing for him.

We all preach loyalty in football and in fairness it seems the spanish guys Are very loyal, but to the manager that brought them in not the one we have now, maybe they feel a sense of injustice about the whole thing .

Its all a bit sad its ending this way, i feel for all concerned, im sure everyone wanted the best for SCFC just that people had different ideas about howto acheive that.

First 10 games we Will know where we Are at, onlythen Will we know if all the tough calls Made
were the right ones, Even then its still our club so what the fook anyway, still love em dont we !

Another dig.

Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 11:10 - Aug 8 with 2204 viewsZut_Alors

He hasn't said anything about wanting to keep Michu, Pablo or Canas, Poz, so I believe Monk saying he didn't expect Chico to go is genuine.
Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 11:13 - Aug 8 with 2183 viewsItchySphincter

Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 10:56 - Aug 8 by icecoldjack

You take things far to personally. Have a holiday mun.

Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 11:17 - Aug 8 with 2165 viewsItchySphincter

Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 11:10 - Aug 8 by Zut_Alors

He hasn't said anything about wanting to keep Michu, Pablo or Canas, Poz, so I believe Monk saying he didn't expect Chico to go is genuine.

If the offer hadn't have come in agreeable to the club and Chico he would've stayed and everything would've been fine. Some people, due to their undying affection for our previous manager can't accept change. This vendetta thing is pure buIIshit, some people just need to grow up.

Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 11:22 - Aug 8 with 2141 viewsZut_Alors

Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 11:17 - Aug 8 by ItchySphincter

If the offer hadn't have come in agreeable to the club and Chico he would've stayed and everything would've been fine. Some people, due to their undying affection for our previous manager can't accept change. This vendetta thing is pure buIIshit, some people just need to grow up.

Indeed. Canas' exclusion has admittedly been a bit of surprise, but Poz sounded like a jumped up little sh*t before he arrived. People blaming Monk for any of this are barmy.
Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 11:26 - Aug 8 with 2112 viewsDarran

Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 11:13 - Aug 8 by ItchySphincter

You take things far to personally. Have a holiday mun.

He's so negative it's difficult to believe he is actually a Swans fan.

He'll probably come back with something completely different shortly he usually does.

Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 11:33 - Aug 8 with 2074 viewsDull1Thomas

An awful lot of fans are thinking the same.

They just don't claim to be the arbiters of what a fan is, unlike the Planet Swans clique.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 11:33 - Aug 8 with 2071 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 11:17 - Aug 8 by ItchySphincter

It is only this morning it has been cleared up for me itchy. This was GM's statement which now suggests some Spanish players did not figure in his plans and others with the exception of Amat and Rangel ( I hope!) no longer wanted to play for the club.
In view of the silence from the club a vendetta would have seemed a possibility. I certainly thought it might have been the case.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 11:34 - Aug 8 with 2069 viewsMagicDaps

Yes three players wanted out, but if Laudrup would have stayed then other players such as Williams, Ki and Bartley may well have wanted out.

There appears to clearly have been problems within our squad last season, they look to have been addressed by Monk and as a result we need to bring in a few more players before the end of the window. We'll bring them in, they may take some time to settle in but we'll have a united squad with a lot of a quality within it by the end of the window.

There's no real point of the 'had we kept Laudrup on discussions' as we all know that whether we sacked him in February or had let him stay for the rest of the season he'd have left this summer.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 11:42 - Aug 8 with 2022 viewsDarran

Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 11:33 - Aug 8 by Private_Partz

It is only this morning it has been cleared up for me itchy. This was GM's statement which now suggests some Spanish players did not figure in his plans and others with the exception of Amat and Rangel ( I hope!) no longer wanted to play for the club.
In view of the silence from the club a vendetta would have seemed a possibility. I certainly thought it might have been the case.

Well I'm sure Chico,Michu and Pablo were in his plans.

Swansea City boss Garry Monk on 11:59 - Aug 8 with 1938 viewsPrivate_Partz

An excellent post Icecold and some very undererved pelters.
I think the reasons for Michu, Pablo and Chico going could be for another reason than just not wishing to work under Monk.
I would also say it was the sacking of ML and they way it occurred might have had an effect so their grouse could have been with the Board.
Anyway, as another poster has said, it is pointless pontificating now. What is done is done and we have urgent issues to address and yes we all love them :-)
[Post edited 8 Aug 2014 12:16]

Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 12:04 - Aug 8 with 1906 viewslondonlisa2001

People arguing over whether Chico / Pablo going was because of Laudrup, Monk, the Club etc etc - really?

Their departure reminds me of the old Mrs Merton interview ' So, Debbie McGee, why were you attracted to multi millionaire Paul Daniels'

Playing in Qatar surely shows that their priorities are in one place and one place only? Same as Laudrup's.
Swansea City boss Garry Monk on 12:14 - Aug 8 with 1851 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 11:42 - Aug 8 by Darran

Well I'm sure Chico,Michu and Pablo were in his plans.

Apologies Darren. I agree with you on that one. My post was badly worded. I meant:

Canas and Poz - not in his plans.
Michu, Pablo and Chico - were in plans but did not want to play for us.
Amat and Rangel - in his plans and want to play for us.

Just to clear it up :-)
[Post edited 8 Aug 2014 12:17]

Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 12:17 - Aug 8 with 1828 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea City boss Garry Monk on 12:14 - Aug 8 by Private_Partz

Apologies Darren. I agree with you on that one. My post was badly worded. I meant:

Canas and Poz - not in his plans.
Michu, Pablo and Chico - were in plans but did not want to play for us.
Amat and Rangel - in his plans and want to play for us.

Just to clear it up :-)
[Post edited 8 Aug 2014 12:17]

I don't think Chico didn't want to play for us as such - he has just been offered a wedge of money to go and relax in the sunshine that's all. Probably easier than training hard and playing in the Premier League and probably has doubled his money. I think it's as simple as that. Probably same with Pablo. Michu obviously wouldn't play for us.
Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 12:22 - Aug 8 with 1798 viewswaynekerr55

Swansea City boss Garry Monk "disappointed" by Chico Flores's unexpected Michael on 11:22 - Aug 8 by Zut_Alors

Indeed. Canas' exclusion has admittedly been a bit of surprise, but Poz sounded like a jumped up little sh*t before he arrived. People blaming Monk for any of this are barmy.

Well I know for a fact Pozuelo is a chopsy arrogant little c*nt. Him Canas and Vasquez were in London and a kid who plays for Wealdstone is from Spain and he said Canas and Vasquez were good as gold, but said Pozuelo was an arrogant c*nt

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024