Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shelvey 00:43 - Nov 30 with 10485 viewsBonjour

Seems he is the new "escaped goat."

Bit of a joke to be honest.. He didn't have a great game today but was the only midfielder that looked like he might make a difference.

Ki was woeful from minute 1 and Gylfi was ineffective but each time Shelvey made a mistake he got slaughtered by the crowd.

All 3 were below par today - we need to be careful that an uneducated crowd don't get on he back of a very talented youngster and ruin him.
Shelvey on 15:02 - Dec 1 with 1428 viewsperchrockjack

You re in Australia and have the cheek to come on here.
Wirral is the end of the world for jobbie but Australia? You re fooked mate. I d get down to Manley and have a dip.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Shelvey on 15:09 - Dec 1 with 1432 viewsParlay

Shelvey on 15:02 - Dec 1 by perchrockjack

You re in Australia and have the cheek to come on here.
Wirral is the end of the world for jobbie but Australia? You re fooked mate. I d get down to Manley and have a dip.

Ahhh is that what you think it is? Well ive never lived in Swansea in my life, something he may have to deal with.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Shelvey on 15:11 - Dec 1 with 1414 viewsperchrockjack

WELL ,now you ve written your own suicide note and you should have consulted me before hand.
I ll pray for you

Im outta here before the apostrophes catch me

Shelvey on 15:16 - Dec 1 with 1417 viewsParlay

Shelvey on 15:11 - Dec 1 by perchrockjack

WELL ,now you ve written your own suicide note and you should have consulted me before hand.
I ll pray for you

Im outta here before the apostrophes catch me

I make no bones about it, its not a very nice City and wouldn't live there by choice personally (im sure some love it and fair enough). But the football club that is there, i adore.

I also love Oasis, never lived in Manchester either. Sue me.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2014 15:24]

Forum celebrity

Shelvey on 16:32 - Dec 1 with 1382 viewsRancid

He's the type of player who can win us a game and lose us it all in 90 minutes.When the top managers suss us out after half hour or so and push their full backs on so our wingers are then defending and not creating then JJS is the only creative spark we have.

He's still very young, and we forget this I think, but with experience comes a more balanced attitude and | believe one day he'll be a top top PL footballer and hopefully it'll be with us.
Shelvey on 16:38 - Dec 1 with 1375 viewsParlay

Shelvey on 16:32 - Dec 1 by Rancid

He's the type of player who can win us a game and lose us it all in 90 minutes.When the top managers suss us out after half hour or so and push their full backs on so our wingers are then defending and not creating then JJS is the only creative spark we have.

He's still very young, and we forget this I think, but with experience comes a more balanced attitude and | believe one day he'll be a top top PL footballer and hopefully it'll be with us.

He has bags of potential, and is incredibly technically gifted. Harnessing that seems to be the problem. Without being unkind, he doesn't seem to have an abundance of blessings "upstairs" which makes taking up the most intelligent position on the pitch (central midfield) quite a challenge. I have a feeling Shelvey will blossom really really late (27/28 ish) when he has had enough experience to read a game and make the correct decisions as i dont think he has enough about him to learn it without doing it.

When he does mature he will be one hell of a player though.

Forum celebrity

Shelvey on 17:00 - Dec 1 with 1357 viewsskippyjack

Shelvey on 16:38 - Dec 1 by Parlay

He has bags of potential, and is incredibly technically gifted. Harnessing that seems to be the problem. Without being unkind, he doesn't seem to have an abundance of blessings "upstairs" which makes taking up the most intelligent position on the pitch (central midfield) quite a challenge. I have a feeling Shelvey will blossom really really late (27/28 ish) when he has had enough experience to read a game and make the correct decisions as i dont think he has enough about him to learn it without doing it.

When he does mature he will be one hell of a player though.

I disagree with nothing upstairs.. he shows flashes of footballing genius in every area (almost the complete midfielder).. you and Winston are wrong in this aspect.. he's doing well.. it's a lot harder to become the complete midfielder than be Leon Britton for example.. as you said he's got a lot to learn.. but he's doing the correct things to be come a Zidane or Gerrard.. they were both exactly like Jonjo at 22.. Monk gives him the freedom of the park to learn his craft.. he's improving an all.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Shelvey on 17:31 - Dec 1 with 1331 viewsParlay

Shelvey on 17:00 - Dec 1 by skippyjack

I disagree with nothing upstairs.. he shows flashes of footballing genius in every area (almost the complete midfielder).. you and Winston are wrong in this aspect.. he's doing well.. it's a lot harder to become the complete midfielder than be Leon Britton for example.. as you said he's got a lot to learn.. but he's doing the correct things to be come a Zidane or Gerrard.. they were both exactly like Jonjo at 22.. Monk gives him the freedom of the park to learn his craft.. he's improving an all.

By all means disagree to your hearts content. He is one of the most naive and brainless players I've witnessed. That being said, i think he even realised this and can be shown by his frustrations towards himself.

Forum celebrity

Login to get fewer ads

Shelvey on 17:39 - Dec 1 with 1323 viewsfootball2301

Shelvey on 17:31 - Dec 1 by Parlay

By all means disagree to your hearts content. He is one of the most naive and brainless players I've witnessed. That being said, i think he even realised this and can be shown by his frustrations towards himself.

The most naive and brainless player you have ever seen.
Shelvey on 17:40 - Dec 1 with 1319 viewsParlay

Shelvey on 17:39 - Dec 1 by football2301

The most naive and brainless player you have ever seen.

He is up there without question.

Forum celebrity

Shelvey on 17:41 - Dec 1 with 1317 viewsskippyjack

Shelvey on 17:31 - Dec 1 by Parlay

I wouldn't say that.. I'd say he's an honest player.. and will grow into a model professional.. he's passionate not frustrated.. he's not afraid to show his true colours and express himself.. unlike other players.. he stands out.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Shelvey on 17:44 - Dec 1 with 1307 viewsParlay

Shelvey on 17:41 - Dec 1 by skippyjack

I wouldn't say that.. I'd say he's an honest player.. and will grow into a model professional.. he's passionate not frustrated.. he's not afraid to show his true colours and express himself.. unlike other players.. he stands out.

I think his frustrations with own game are as clear as day.

Forum celebrity

Shelvey on 17:49 - Dec 1 with 1302 viewsskippyjack

Shelvey on 17:44 - Dec 1 by Parlay

I think his frustrations with own game are as clear as day.

That tells me he wants to improve.. he gets frustrated even when he plays well.. you don't notice this do you.

Shelvey on 17:55 - Dec 1 with 1298 viewsParlay

Shelvey on 17:49 - Dec 1 by skippyjack

That tells me he wants to improve.. he gets frustrated even when he plays well.. you don't notice this do you.

Who said he doesn't want to improve then?

My nephew gets frustrated playing Mario Kart and would love to improve but hes still crap, part of that is he is too young and immature to learn how to play a driving game properly as hes 6 years old.

Shelvey has bags of ability as stated, but he cannot harness it due to a lack of the grey matter and his frustrations with that are obvious. Will match experience replace what he lacks upstairs, probably but we are going to have to wait a good few years while he learns his trade.

Forum celebrity

Shelvey on 18:06 - Dec 1 with 1282 viewsskippyjack

Shelvey on 17:55 - Dec 1 by Parlay

Who said he doesn't want to improve then?

My nephew gets frustrated playing Mario Kart and would love to improve but hes still crap, part of that is he is too young and immature to learn how to play a driving game properly as hes 6 years old.

Shelvey has bags of ability as stated, but he cannot harness it due to a lack of the grey matter and his frustrations with that are obvious. Will match experience replace what he lacks upstairs, probably but we are going to have to wait a good few years while he learns his trade.

His frustration shows he wants to improve.. would you rather him keep playing balls out of play and show no reaction.. he knows what he's doing wrong.. but trying to be the complete midfielder is the hardest position on the pitch.. he's got the ability to do it.. because we've seen it.. games will give him consistency.. he's doing everything correct to become an all rounder.. I'm struggling to see what he lacks upstairs? Jonjo stood out in the u21s.. he's above the u21s in footballing intelligence.. that's why hodgson called him up.. I'm struggling to see what you're getting at.. he stamps his authority on matches like a 28 year old.

Shelvey on 18:08 - Dec 1 with 1276 viewsfootball2301

Shelvey on 17:40 - Dec 1 by Parlay

He is up there without question.

You never staed this before the game so I take it you think it was a penalty
Shelvey on 18:11 - Dec 1 with 1270 viewsParlay

Shelvey on 18:08 - Dec 1 by football2301

You never staed this before the game so I take it you think it was a penalty

Ive stated it many times in fact.

What has the penalty got to do with anything, no it wasn't a penalty.

Forum celebrity

Shelvey on 18:14 - Dec 1 with 1263 viewsParlay

Shelvey on 18:06 - Dec 1 by skippyjack

His frustration shows he wants to improve.. would you rather him keep playing balls out of play and show no reaction.. he knows what he's doing wrong.. but trying to be the complete midfielder is the hardest position on the pitch.. he's got the ability to do it.. because we've seen it.. games will give him consistency.. he's doing everything correct to become an all rounder.. I'm struggling to see what he lacks upstairs? Jonjo stood out in the u21s.. he's above the u21s in footballing intelligence.. that's why hodgson called him up.. I'm struggling to see what you're getting at.. he stamps his authority on matches like a 28 year old.

I don't even know what you are arguing about now.

My 6 year old nephew shows frustration, my 6 year old nephew wants to improve but hes still not very good. Ive not said frustration is a bad thing, but doesnt make him good does it.

Shelvey is a decent player but nowhere near as good as he should be because be lacks footballing intelligence. At this stage in his career, with his talent, and with the amount of game experience he has had - he should be a lot more rounded than he is.

Its as simple as that.

Forum celebrity

Shelvey on 18:18 - Dec 1 with 1251 viewsfootball2301

Shelvey on 18:14 - Dec 1 by Parlay

I don't even know what you are arguing about now.

My 6 year old nephew shows frustration, my 6 year old nephew wants to improve but hes still not very good. Ive not said frustration is a bad thing, but doesnt make him good does it.

Shelvey is a decent player but nowhere near as good as he should be because be lacks footballing intelligence. At this stage in his career, with his talent, and with the amount of game experience he has had - he should be a lot more rounded than he is.

Its as simple as that.

Your talking like a complete fool he had the highest goal scoring and passing stats than any player of his age last season including golden boys Barclay Wiltshire Delphi and will have again this year by the end of the season you really don't know about football simple
Shelvey on 18:20 - Dec 1 with 1244 viewsParlay

Shelvey on 18:18 - Dec 1 by football2301

Your talking like a complete fool he had the highest goal scoring and passing stats than any player of his age last season including golden boys Barclay Wiltshire Delphi and will have again this year by the end of the season you really don't know about football simple

Ah right you are then, a complete class act and the best midfielder of his age in the country.

And you believe that do you?

Of so then please reverse your misplaced "fool" jibe and assume it upon yourself please my good man.

Forum celebrity

Shelvey on 18:25 - Dec 1 with 1234 viewsfootball2301

Shelvey on 18:20 - Dec 1 by Parlay

Ah right you are then, a complete class act and the best midfielder of his age in the country.

And you believe that do you?

Of so then please reverse your misplaced "fool" jibe and assume it upon yourself please my good man.

I ain't your good man fool and didn't say nothing of the sort fool but yes he is one of the best young midfielders in the country and if you don't see that your a bigger fool than you seem to be il leave it at that
Shelvey on 18:28 - Dec 1 with 1228 viewsParlay

Shelvey on 18:25 - Dec 1 by football2301

I ain't your good man fool and didn't say nothing of the sort fool but yes he is one of the best young midfielders in the country and if you don't see that your a bigger fool than you seem to be il leave it at that

You aren't from the A-team are you?

He is not one of the best central midfielders in the country and is questionable whether he will be in our side now Britton is back to fitness, that my good man, is a fact.

Forum celebrity

Shelvey on 23:14 - Dec 1 with 1166 viewsperchrockjack

Parlay.
Swansea can be a fine place to live.
If you have a good job ,live in west swansea and are able to send your kids to a good school, I think it's a top place. Plenty out west last Friday eating some overpriced food and drinking .looking just fine.

It's been hammered by industrial decay and it's simply sinful.

I have a sister in law living in Sydney and I want nothing less than to go over there ,plenty of crap in oz and from ive seen pretty nasty racist elements. Severe wicked weather, things that can kill you by just crawling over you and sharks all over the place..no thanks and really and truly, nothing of any consequence happens there. It's all northern hemisphere based.

So there

Shelvey on 10:08 - Dec 2 with 1117 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Shelvey on 18:28 - Dec 1 by Parlay

You aren't from the A-team are you?

He is not one of the best central midfielders in the country and is questionable whether he will be in our side now Britton is back to fitness, that my good man, is a fact.

Shows how much you know about football when you think JJS is vying with Leon Britton for the defensive midfield berth. You really put the Dim into Dimi don't you?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Shelvey on 10:10 - Dec 2 with 1116 viewsParlay

Shelvey on 10:08 - Dec 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Shows how much you know about football when you think JJS is vying with Leon Britton for the defensive midfield berth. You really put the Dim into Dimi don't you?

Errr he is. Ki will then stop playing the leon role.

Wake up before posting one would suggest.

Forum celebrity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024