Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TV Deals to be announced today 10:37 - Feb 10 with 9116 viewsKennedy

Most are saying an increase of around 30-45% on the current deal of £3bn. To make it around £4-£4.5bn which is crazy.

This does not include the overseas deals

Just call me JFK

TV Deals to be announced today on 20:07 - Feb 11 with 739 viewsAJ101

TV Deals to be announced today on 19:17 - Feb 11 by ItchySphincter

Sky have put themselves in an impossible position. They'll have to hike their subscriptions and eventually people will walk away. We need to use this windfall to expand now so when the whole house of cards collapses it leaves a decent legacy.

It may collapse but it won't be for a while as we've seen from the latest bids BT didn't reduce their bids but didn't raise them either or at least not by much and Sky won't lower their bids until their sure their competitors will do the same so unless Sky go out of business like ITV Digital did then the money paid for the domestic TV rights isn't going to reduce.

On top of that the foreign rights are going to keep going up and up for a long time IMO so will take over any plateau in the domestic rights pay day that the PL receives.

I think what we will see is many PL clubs increasing the number of youngsters they bring in from all over Europe, the best players in the world want to be playing in the CL and if clubs can't offer that then they'll usually hold out until they get offered a chance by a club that can even if you could pay them more in salary than their current club. There's also the limits on first team squad sizes which many clubs are already reaching so other than increasing the quality of those squad players there's only so many areas a club can spend the money on.

If a club like Swansea invests in bringing in talented youngsters then there's much less risk involved as wages will be low and if the worst was to happen and relegation occurred there's still that large amount of youth players hopefully ready to come in and play first team football for the club.

If I was a PL chairman of a club from below the CL regulars that and training facilities is what I'd try to invest in anyway.
TV Deals to be announced today on 20:46 - Feb 11 with 725 viewsParlay

TV Deals to be announced today on 19:07 - Feb 11 by Gowerjack

Exactly.

Its not rocket science is it?

Anyone with a modicum of business expertese would agree.

No they wouldn't, otherwise how do you explain season tickets being £400. And £10 cheaper than last year.

Its short sighted business sense and usually the thoughts on inexperienced business people who just think "more money up front = better". Certainly not the case with Swansea.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024