Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TV Deals to be announced today 10:37 - Feb 10 with 9056 viewsKennedy

Most are saying an increase of around 30-45% on the current deal of £3bn. To make it around £4-£4.5bn which is crazy.

This does not include the overseas deals

Just call me JFK

TV Deals to be announced today on 20:54 - Feb 10 with 2384 viewsWingstandwood

Am I right to presume that a revenue rise like that is substantial to the point where it should present SCFC with the ideal opportunity to purchase the Liberty Stadium/fund first phase stadium expansion outright and with relative financial ease?......Providing SCFC does not go overboard with transfer market activity?

SCFC has now consolidated itself in the Premier League, has a quality squad, has money left over from the Bony sale and does not have to up the wages for players already under contract.

If the club sticks with the same prudent financial management its displayed up until now an expanded and owned by SCFC Liberty Stadium must surely become THE major plus and side effect of this new TV deal? Or is it just wishful thinking from myself?

Argus!

TV Deals to be announced today on 21:53 - Feb 10 with 2295 viewsDavillin

I have truly enjoyed the schemes and dreams in this thread, but Hope springs eternal but ends in Reality.

What can't figure out is (1) why would we "need investment," then?

And (2) will this make shareholders even more eager to sell out, and the "investors" to buy in?

Or [3] will the potential dividends in future actually be worth more than a sell-out to the Americans?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

TV Deals to be announced today on 22:36 - Feb 10 with 2250 viewsmarchamjack

TV Deals to be announced today on 21:53 - Feb 10 by Davillin

I have truly enjoyed the schemes and dreams in this thread, but Hope springs eternal but ends in Reality.

What can't figure out is (1) why would we "need investment," then?

And (2) will this make shareholders even more eager to sell out, and the "investors" to buy in?

Or [3] will the potential dividends in future actually be worth more than a sell-out to the Americans?

on (1) we wouldn't need investment if we stay in the PL far as I can see

on (2) it'll just make the investors more eager to buy, rather than our current board more eager to sell, although I'd do a quick renegotiation on the selling price if I was them

on (3) yes I think they could easily be over the longer term as long as we stay in the PL

and that's the crux to the current board, if there was a guarantee we could stay in PL then no need at all to sell, but there's no such guarantee of course so the urge to sell will remain I'm afraid. Wish it wasn't so.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

TV Deals to be announced today on 23:03 - Feb 10 with 2206 viewsWingstandwood

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/premier-league-tv-deal

Quote article about the projected revenue increase: "And the estimated basic £99m income for being part of the Premier League — not including any extra cash for finishing higher than 20th — is more than the TV cash the Swans earned during their first two years following their 2010 promotion from the Championship".

This is the reason for my earlier previous posting on this thread topic. Will an absolute golden deal like this empower SCFC with the revenue and financial muscle to both buy the Liberty Stadium and complete the proposed 1st phase expansion?

The potential revenue income stream for SCFC is now absolutely staggering when you add ticket sales, commercial revenue, sponsorship etc into the mix! Is this TV deal the reason/part reason why HJ has been involved with the council regarding a Liberty Stadium purchase?

Argus!

TV Deals to be announced today on 23:18 - Feb 10 with 2182 viewsParlay

Anything over £25 a ticket is obscene in reality.

The fact is is £45 for a third of the season is eye watering.

There is no excuse when such obscene money is coming into the game. The FA needs to do something to give the game back to the fans that make the game what it is.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

TV Deals to be announced today on 23:26 - Feb 10 with 2177 viewsDyfnant

TV Deals to be announced today on 18:44 - Feb 10 by Dr_Winston

Just cap tickets in general at £20, with £10 for kids and pensioners.

If the club came out on the back of his news and said the season after next that ST's would be £200 and matchday tickets £20, there'd be massive pressure on other clubs to follow suit. Could coincide nicely with the additional capacity

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

TV Deals to be announced today on 23:48 - Feb 10 with 2157 viewsChiswickjack4

One of the great Sky promos of all time:

TV Deals to be announced today on 23:53 - Feb 10 with 2149 viewslondonlisa2001

TV Deals to be announced today on 23:26 - Feb 10 by Dyfnant

If the club came out on the back of his news and said the season after next that ST's would be £200 and matchday tickets £20, there'd be massive pressure on other clubs to follow suit. Could coincide nicely with the additional capacity

I agree re matchday pricing - I think seasons are a good deal anyway, but if we announced unilateral prices of say £25 maximum, the pressure on the others would be huge and I think they would follow.
Login to get fewer ads

TV Deals to be announced today on 00:02 - Feb 11 with 2141 viewsazjack

TV Deals to be announced today on 23:18 - Feb 10 by Parlay

Anything over £25 a ticket is obscene in reality.

The fact is is £45 for a third of the season is eye watering.

There is no excuse when such obscene money is coming into the game. The FA needs to do something to give the game back to the fans that make the game what it is.

The PL is a product, an excellent product, with an ever expanding global market. The ratio of TV rights money to actual gate receipts for a club like Swansea is probably close to 10-1. Of course the FA, and anyone involved in the business (players, managers, agents, media etc etc), will continue to defend the "traditions of the game" but increasingly it appears to be merely lip service.
It's still the beautiful game and we'll all continue to enjoy and debate our favorite players but even a well run provincial team like Swansea eventually will become more and more identified with the real "club" (ie membership of the PL).
TV Deals to be announced today on 00:16 - Feb 11 with 2129 viewsParlay

TV Deals to be announced today on 00:02 - Feb 11 by azjack

The PL is a product, an excellent product, with an ever expanding global market. The ratio of TV rights money to actual gate receipts for a club like Swansea is probably close to 10-1. Of course the FA, and anyone involved in the business (players, managers, agents, media etc etc), will continue to defend the "traditions of the game" but increasingly it appears to be merely lip service.
It's still the beautiful game and we'll all continue to enjoy and debate our favorite players but even a well run provincial team like Swansea eventually will become more and more identified with the real "club" (ie membership of the PL).

It certainly is a great product, however that product would fall flat in 24 hours without the fans. Sponsorships would collapse and tv bids would diminish.

The footballing world must realise that the fan is king and makes this game what it is. We should no longer be treated as cash cows and with contempt. Its shocking. Especially now that gate receipts make up such a small part of clubs revenue. Im stunned at the match day experience at British games, it is dire.

I highly recommend going to other countries to watch sport as the eyes are opened and you can then know what value for money is. The Premier League is not value for money, not even close. Not at match day prices anyway.

It is simply pure greed to be charging people these prices. But the only ones we can blame are the fans that continue to pay it.if people took a stand then we would invoke change almost instantly.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2015 0:17]

Forum celebrity

TV Deals to be announced today on 00:22 - Feb 11 with 2117 viewslondonlisa2001

TV Deals to be announced today on 00:16 - Feb 11 by Parlay

It certainly is a great product, however that product would fall flat in 24 hours without the fans. Sponsorships would collapse and tv bids would diminish.

The footballing world must realise that the fan is king and makes this game what it is. We should no longer be treated as cash cows and with contempt. Its shocking. Especially now that gate receipts make up such a small part of clubs revenue. Im stunned at the match day experience at British games, it is dire.

I highly recommend going to other countries to watch sport as the eyes are opened and you can then know what value for money is. The Premier League is not value for money, not even close. Not at match day prices anyway.

It is simply pure greed to be charging people these prices. But the only ones we can blame are the fans that continue to pay it.if people took a stand then we would invoke change almost instantly.

It would be hypocritical of me if I didn't also post when I completely agree with you (as well as completely disagree).

On this matter - I completely agree. i have been saying for years that the mtachday ticketing is awful (as is in my view, stuff like mascots pricing).
TV Deals to be announced today on 03:36 - Feb 11 with 2059 viewsDavillin

TV Deals to be announced today on 00:16 - Feb 11 by Parlay

You might want to check ticket and season ticket prices for U.S. basketball [N.B.A.] and football [N.F.L.] and hockey [N.H.L.]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

TV Deals to be announced today on 04:18 - Feb 11 with 2052 viewsJBT95

TV Deals to be announced today on 23:53 - Feb 10 by londonlisa2001

I agree re matchday pricing - I think seasons are a good deal anyway, but if we announced unilateral prices of say £25 maximum, the pressure on the others would be huge and I think they would follow.

I disagree.

Why would Chelsea or Man U charge everyone £25? If they can fill their grounds charging more they will, it's simple as. That's why we charge £45 cause somebody will pay for each seat.

£25 cat B and £30 cat A we should charge in my opinion. I think Hull & WBA charge most games around £25 and we are at the same level as them in size of club.

However the Premier League need to step in and cap away ticket prices for sure.
TV Deals to be announced today on 07:25 - Feb 11 with 2016 viewsstAteSwan

TV Deals to be announced today on 03:36 - Feb 11 by Davillin

You might want to check ticket and season ticket prices for U.S. basketball [N.B.A.] and football [N.F.L.] and hockey [N.H.L.]

A family of four wanting to attend an NFL game would shell out hundreds of US dollars to do it. I'm just glad that America is now not the only country pricing everyone out of their sports.
TV Deals to be announced today on 08:38 - Feb 11 with 1991 viewsKennedy

Was watching a programme about the cost of NFL. Parking something (with the Cowboys) and all ST holders have to buy a 25 year ticket just to be allowed to then buy a seat. It was crazy money like £60-80,000 and then the cost of tickets on top which are around $200 for average seats. Most have them on finance , some have re-mortgaged homes etc.

Just call me JFK

TV Deals to be announced today on 12:31 - Feb 11 with 1928 viewsParlay

Alan Sugar suggesting the same as i did on page one, all the money we get will just go to the players.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31391778

Forum celebrity

TV Deals to be announced today on 12:41 - Feb 11 with 1921 viewssomersetsimon

TV Deals to be announced today on 04:18 - Feb 11 by JBT95

I disagree.

Why would Chelsea or Man U charge everyone £25? If they can fill their grounds charging more they will, it's simple as. That's why we charge £45 cause somebody will pay for each seat.

£25 cat B and £30 cat A we should charge in my opinion. I think Hull & WBA charge most games around £25 and we are at the same level as them in size of club.

That's the issue. From a business perspective, the demand exceeds supply even at £35/£45 a ticket, so why would they reduce prices? Any PL club that doesn't consistently sell out should seriously look at the prices they are charging, but other than that, the business model should be to set the price at the maximum you can get away with while still selling every seat.
TV Deals to be announced today on 13:10 - Feb 11 with 1905 viewsParlay

TV Deals to be announced today on 12:41 - Feb 11 by somersetsimon

That's the issue. From a business perspective, the demand exceeds supply even at £35/£45 a ticket, so why would they reduce prices? Any PL club that doesn't consistently sell out should seriously look at the prices they are charging, but other than that, the business model should be to set the price at the maximum you can get away with while still selling every seat.

Then you are condoning a hike in season ticket prices for us from £400 to £750.

We would still sell them all.

Forum celebrity

TV Deals to be announced today on 13:52 - Feb 11 with 1883 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Wow that's some serious money , let's hope with ground expansion some ticket prices will come down .
Altough I think prices are about right at the moment due to the size of our ground .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

TV Deals to be announced today on 16:46 - Feb 11 with 1846 viewsstAteSwan

TV Deals to be announced today on 08:38 - Feb 11 by Kennedy

Was watching a programme about the cost of NFL. Parking something (with the Cowboys) and all ST holders have to buy a 25 year ticket just to be allowed to then buy a seat. It was crazy money like £60-80,000 and then the cost of tickets on top which are around $200 for average seats. Most have them on finance , some have re-mortgaged homes etc.

Cowboys can charge what they want because they know there is always a demand for a ticket. Now, admittedly, they charge like double what most NFL teams do, but with the sport as popular over here and internationally as ever, more and more people are wanting tickets, so prices are going up.

Hell, even college athletics over here are starting to follow a pattern. An American College Football game between two top teams now costs over 100 dollars a ticket, usually with a 100 dollar or more donation required to the school the ticket is bought from.

The Greed is remarkable.
TV Deals to be announced today on 16:59 - Feb 11 with 1840 viewsTom1912

TV Deals to be announced today on 12:41 - Feb 11 by somersetsimon

That is how you would look at it purely from a business perspective. But a football club shouldn't be run purely from a business perspective.

Given the level of TV money, it should be a requirement that ticket prices are £20 for adults, and £10 for children. Additionally, a certain level should be invested in local community projects and every club should have to pay the living wage to all their employees. It's incredible that only Chelsea do this out of all the PL clubs.

I think a lot of the ill feeling towards the PL cash machine would be reduced if the above measures were introduced.
TV Deals to be announced today on 18:53 - Feb 11 with 1807 viewsAJ101

TV Deals to be announced today on 16:59 - Feb 11 by Tom1912

That is how you would look at it purely from a business perspective. But a football club shouldn't be run purely from a business perspective.

Given the level of TV money, it should be a requirement that ticket prices are £20 for adults, and £10 for children. Additionally, a certain level should be invested in local community projects and every club should have to pay the living wage to all their employees. It's incredible that only Chelsea do this out of all the PL clubs.

I think a lot of the ill feeling towards the PL cash machine would be reduced if the above measures were introduced.

Most are run purely from a business perspective though and there's really now way to go back from that.

As I posted before that's just going to stop clubs putting any investment in to new stadiums and stadium facilities though as a Spurs fan there's no way we'd go ahead with a new stadium if tickets were going to be fixed at £20 each (it would take roughly 60 years to make our money back before any interest payments!).

Agree about the living wage it really is incredible that all PL clubs don't. I'm pretty sure most clubs do quite a bit of community work though.
TV Deals to be announced today on 19:07 - Feb 11 with 1796 viewsGowerjack

TV Deals to be announced today on 04:18 - Feb 11 by JBT95

I disagree.

Exactly.

Its not rocket science is it?

Anyone with a modicum of business expertese would agree.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

TV Deals to be announced today on 19:09 - Feb 11 with 1791 viewsGowerjack

TV Deals to be announced today on 20:54 - Feb 10 by Wingstandwood

Am I right to presume that a revenue rise like that is substantial to the point where it should present SCFC with the ideal opportunity to purchase the Liberty Stadium/fund first phase stadium expansion outright and with relative financial ease?......Providing SCFC does not go overboard with transfer market activity?

SCFC has now consolidated itself in the Premier League, has a quality squad, has money left over from the Bony sale and does not have to up the wages for players already under contract.

If the club sticks with the same prudent financial management its displayed up until now an expanded and owned by SCFC Liberty Stadium must surely become THE major plus and side effect of this new TV deal? Or is it just wishful thinking from myself?

What do you see as the benefit of us owning the stadium?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

TV Deals to be announced today on 19:17 - Feb 11 with 1775 viewsItchySphincter

Sky have put themselves in an impossible position. They'll have to hike their subscriptions and eventually people will walk away. We need to use this windfall to expand now so when the whole house of cards collapses it leaves a decent legacy.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024