Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back 19:59 - May 4 with 6077 viewslibertine

A friend of mine from Uni lives in Oxford and was shown this job by the job centre

Employment Status :Permanent or Full Time,
Salary: £7,200 base. Remuneration is based on commission from sales

this is disgusting,

there is a car with it but the tax is affected, but how can someone be paying tax if they only earning that much.

she was told it works out at £29 per day plus commission

the point is labour back the company as partners
The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 20:01 - May 4 with 6074 viewsJackfath

What is the job?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 20:24 - May 4 with 6048 viewsblueytheblue

The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 20:01 - May 4 by Jackfath

What is the job?

Physio work with Milliband to avoid tripping over podiums?

Why should anyone be surprised though - Unite used ZHC; they tried to claim they weren't really ZHC by giving them a different name but lost at a tribunal.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 08:40 - May 5 with 5949 viewsCottsy

The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 20:01 - May 4 by Jackfath

What is the job?

It's a term time only photography job with Tempest Photography. Company car and camera equipment included and full training. Expenses, commission on the number of photographs sold and pension after 1 year of employment.

Not a great job but if you hit your target you'll probably have enough to get by on.

I'm struggling to see the link to the Labour Party though unless they do their official photographs every year.

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 10:07 - May 5 with 5914 viewslibertine

The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 08:40 - May 5 by Cottsy

It's a term time only photography job with Tempest Photography. Company car and camera equipment included and full training. Expenses, commission on the number of photographs sold and pension after 1 year of employment.

Not a great job but if you hit your target you'll probably have enough to get by on.

I'm struggling to see the link to the Labour Party though unless they do their official photographs every year.

what if you don't sell many pictures because the economy id down in poor areas of "Oxford" :)

its full time it says so, its disgraceful . what about money during the 7 week holiday the kids have in the summer

the labour party are aware of it and it uses it nevertherless,

slave labour

they should be saying to every company it employs through its schools that they should be paying at least minimum wage.

We are all outraged by the sweat shops in India and I don't put this on that level.

But give them some time.
The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 10:44 - May 5 with 5900 viewsCottsy

The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 10:07 - May 5 by libertine

what if you don't sell many pictures because the economy id down in poor areas of "Oxford" :)

its full time it says so, its disgraceful . what about money during the 7 week holiday the kids have in the summer

the labour party are aware of it and it uses it nevertherless,

slave labour

they should be saying to every company it employs through its schools that they should be paying at least minimum wage.

We are all outraged by the sweat shops in India and I don't put this on that level.

But give them some time.

Its hardly slave labour, I worked a term time only job at a similar annual salary for a few years after I graduated with no commission or company car or expenses and I did a 90 mile round trip for the privilege but I wouldn't say it was slave labour.

The fact that the job is term time only would lead me to think that its not a full time, 40 hours a week job but probably around 22-26 hours a week on a permanent contract which would put it at about or just above the minimum wage. I don't know what their targets are and whether they have to sell the service into the schools themselves or not but there are harder things to sell than school photographs.

Like I said, not a great job but there are worse about and it would suit someone coming straight out of college with a photography qualification for a bit of experience.

I'm still struggling to see the connection to the Labour Party?

The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 11:11 - May 5 with 5886 viewsClinton

Labour started life as the party of genuinely oppressed and exploited working people.
Many of workers' causes coincided with other oppressed groups such as the non-working poor, diversity groups and fighting unfair entitlements of the "establishment"
Trouble is, these days looking after the workers comes very low on the Labour Party priorities. Instead they concentrate on these other groups and causes.
When last in power they did nothing to outlaw zero-hours contracts, they did nothing to build houses for the workers, they allowed a lot of people into the country without increasing the housing stock to cater for them. They fudged the abolition of the House Of Lords.
(btw I voted Labour every local and national election 1980 to 2014...not this time)
Although these charges also apply to the Tories, it doesn't hide the fact that the Labour Party is no longer the workers' Party.
[Post edited 5 May 2015 11:13]

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 11:14 - May 5 with 5875 viewsscottishjack

The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 10:44 - May 5 by Cottsy

Its hardly slave labour, I worked a term time only job at a similar annual salary for a few years after I graduated with no commission or company car or expenses and I did a 90 mile round trip for the privilege but I wouldn't say it was slave labour.

The fact that the job is term time only would lead me to think that its not a full time, 40 hours a week job but probably around 22-26 hours a week on a permanent contract which would put it at about or just above the minimum wage. I don't know what their targets are and whether they have to sell the service into the schools themselves or not but there are harder things to sell than school photographs.

Like I said, not a great job but there are worse about and it would suit someone coming straight out of college with a photography qualification for a bit of experience.

I'm still struggling to see the connection to the Labour Party?

I had a door to door sales job before, entirely based on commission. If you didn't make any sales, it had actually cost you money to go to work! They got around the law by giving you the addresses but you were essentially self employed? (I never quite worked that one out?)

Strangely, I thoroughly enjoyed it for a while, it certainly gave you focus to earn your commission (Which was very good). Basically we worked for an agency selling SKY around the time of the digital changeover, SKY vetted all of your sales and mis-selling was a strict no-no!

Nobody held a gun to my head to do that job, it was decent money (When you made sales!), out and about with plenty of exercise every day, and it was certainly a job which was character building. Once the digital changeover had happened, it kind of dried up.
The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 12:48 - May 5 with 5851 viewslibertine

get serious guys the job is a big con
I've got to be careful what I am saying directly about the labour parties connections but I can say that this,
this business and other businesses of the same nature (international businesses) do not pay the proper wage and con the employee by making them self employed so they don't have to pay them minimum wage.

Labour run councils in England use this company to sub its work while blabbing on about living wage.

read this
http://www.ephotozine.com/forums/topic/tempest-photography-45727

labour should really be careful who they get into bed with, this is an English company so it won't be in Wales but other companies are the same in Wales.

Plaid wouldn't allow this to happen

labour will probably cover it up somehow
Login to get fewer ads

The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 14:44 - May 5 with 5815 viewsCottsy

The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 12:48 - May 5 by libertine

get serious guys the job is a big con
I've got to be careful what I am saying directly about the labour parties connections but I can say that this,
this business and other businesses of the same nature (international businesses) do not pay the proper wage and con the employee by making them self employed so they don't have to pay them minimum wage.

Labour run councils in England use this company to sub its work while blabbing on about living wage.

read this
http://www.ephotozine.com/forums/topic/tempest-photography-45727

labour should really be careful who they get into bed with, this is an English company so it won't be in Wales but other companies are the same in Wales.

Plaid wouldn't allow this to happen

labour will probably cover it up somehow

Tempest have been going for years and years in Wales, they did every one of my school photographs and they were my Uncle's main competition in South East Wales for the best part of 20 years. Their quality is terrible and always has been.

What work are Labour councils subbing to Tempest? Do you mean they are centrally contracting them to take all school photographs in an area? If that's the case its to the benefit to local schools who'll be getting a commission that a freelancer won't be able to match.

You can bet your bottom dollar that Tempest were working in schools in Caerphilly and Carmarthenshire LAs when Plaid had control of them though.

The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 15:17 - May 5 with 5784 viewslibertine

The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 14:44 - May 5 by Cottsy

Tempest have been going for years and years in Wales, they did every one of my school photographs and they were my Uncle's main competition in South East Wales for the best part of 20 years. Their quality is terrible and always has been.

What work are Labour councils subbing to Tempest? Do you mean they are centrally contracting them to take all school photographs in an area? If that's the case its to the benefit to local schools who'll be getting a commission that a freelancer won't be able to match.

You can bet your bottom dollar that Tempest were working in schools in Caerphilly and Carmarthenshire LAs when Plaid had control of them though.

ive never heard of them they aren't around here, Swansea

Does that mean that schools get money from them?

if that's right why can't your uncle compete?

because he pays a fair wage I bet.

We should not be using a big English company in Wales, we should be using your uncle ffs. The benefits to the community outway the bribe that they might or might not be giving.
The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 16:27 - May 5 with 5753 viewsCottsy

The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 15:17 - May 5 by libertine

ive never heard of them they aren't around here, Swansea

Does that mean that schools get money from them?

if that's right why can't your uncle compete?

because he pays a fair wage I bet.

We should not be using a big English company in Wales, we should be using your uncle ffs. The benefits to the community outway the bribe that they might or might not be giving.

I'd be very surprised if they have zero presence in Swansea but its possible.

Yes schools will take a cut of the sales its one of the main reasons they get photographers in, I'm not sure of the exact amount it will be a decent chunk.

My uncle did compete for many years and made a very modest living from it until he retired but its like any other industry where a freelancer goes up against a bigger, nationwide company the big company is doing things on a larger scale so they can do it cheaper.

And I would be out of a job if we stopped English/national companies from working in schools in Wales.

The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 17:44 - May 5 with 5717 viewslibertine

The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 16:27 - May 5 by Cottsy

I'd be very surprised if they have zero presence in Swansea but its possible.

Yes schools will take a cut of the sales its one of the main reasons they get photographers in, I'm not sure of the exact amount it will be a decent chunk.

My uncle did compete for many years and made a very modest living from it until he retired but its like any other industry where a freelancer goes up against a bigger, nationwide company the big company is doing things on a larger scale so they can do it cheaper.

And I would be out of a job if we stopped English/national companies from working in schools in Wales.

not necessarily

you might now be the proud director of your own Welsh business instead.

its going to take a long time to get Wales to run itself but it can

we need to look towards progressive countries like Germany for inspiration.
The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 17:55 - May 5 with 5703 viewsCottsy

The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 17:44 - May 5 by libertine

not necessarily

you might now be the proud director of your own Welsh business instead.

its going to take a long time to get Wales to run itself but it can

we need to look towards progressive countries like Germany for inspiration.

I am the proud director of a Welsh company, I also work for a national company that helps young people gain the skills to run their own businesses.

The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 18:04 - May 5 with 5692 viewslondonlisa2001

The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 17:55 - May 5 by Cottsy

I am the proud director of a Welsh company, I also work for a national company that helps young people gain the skills to run their own businesses.

Come on Cottsy mun - look to Germany. You could be the owner of a company like Allianz or BMW or Deutsche Bank if it wasn't for those pesky English.
The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 18:09 - May 5 with 5687 viewslibertine

The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 17:55 - May 5 by Cottsy

I'm glad to hear that,

well done I am happy to hear that you belong to such a business which is doing something good.in society.

I am sure there could be a welsh equivalent.

This business tempest does not appear to be a good business it seems to be a very bad company to work for and I hope you are wrong about its present existence in Wales.
what example does the job application show to budding art students

Fairness has to start somewhere.
The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 18:41 - May 5 with 5655 viewsCottsy

The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 18:09 - May 5 by libertine

I'm glad to hear that,

well done I am happy to hear that you belong to such a business which is doing something good.in society.

I am sure there could be a welsh equivalent.

This business tempest does not appear to be a good business it seems to be a very bad company to work for and I hope you are wrong about its present existence in Wales.
what example does the job application show to budding art students

Fairness has to start somewhere.

There is a welsh equivalent to the company I work for, we are in direct competition with them. Our product is better.

Like I said earlier it's not a great job and Tempest are not company renowned for quality but there are a lot worse jobs out there. And even if you stopped English companies trading in Wales (ignoring the obvious idiocy of even attempting that) all companies would do is rent a small office somewhere and register Tempest Cymru at the address and nothing would change.

And as we live in an age where anyone with digital SLR camera can call themselves a photographer it will teach photography graduates that the market is over saturated and controlled by the big companies and that they need to look at a more niche area than school photography if they want to make good money from their trade.

The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 19:40 - May 5 with 5630 viewslibertine

The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 18:41 - May 5 by Cottsy

There is a welsh equivalent to the company I work for, we are in direct competition with them. Our product is better.

Like I said earlier it's not a great job and Tempest are not company renowned for quality but there are a lot worse jobs out there. And even if you stopped English companies trading in Wales (ignoring the obvious idiocy of even attempting that) all companies would do is rent a small office somewhere and register Tempest Cymru at the address and nothing would change.

And as we live in an age where anyone with digital SLR camera can call themselves a photographer it will teach photography graduates that the market is over saturated and controlled by the big companies and that they need to look at a more niche area than school photography if they want to make good money from their trade.

Your probably right cottsy, I also no understand why you feel the way you do, as you are financially connected to an English company.

I'm not at all anti English i'm just pro wales and people who live in Wales.

I've heard of this con where business pretend to be british and open an office in London with no staff. Just because it happens doesn't mean its right though , its quite obviously taking the mick and should be stopped.

I am sure that you cannot disagree that we need to grow welsh business.

Leanne has made the suggestion of public sector welsh work being done locally is that a bad ambition?
This is the way it is achieved in Germany and france, do you believe that is wrong aswell?

It has too start somewhere or shall we stay the way we are?

loads of debate there cottsy
The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 19:57 - May 5 with 5617 viewsCottsy

The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 19:40 - May 5 by libertine

Your probably right cottsy, I also no understand why you feel the way you do, as you are financially connected to an English company.

I'm not at all anti English i'm just pro wales and people who live in Wales.

I've heard of this con where business pretend to be british and open an office in London with no staff. Just because it happens doesn't mean its right though , its quite obviously taking the mick and should be stopped.

I am sure that you cannot disagree that we need to grow welsh business.

Leanne has made the suggestion of public sector welsh work being done locally is that a bad ambition?
This is the way it is achieved in Germany and france, do you believe that is wrong aswell?

It has too start somewhere or shall we stay the way we are?

loads of debate there cottsy

Yes I am financially connected to a British company just like thousands of other Welsh workers or if they are not financially connected to American or Japanese or German companies.

We absolutely need to grow Welsh businesses but we need to grow them into British or European businesses but how could we expect our businesses to trade with the rest of the world if we don't allow them to trade with us?

The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 20:02 - May 5 with 5613 viewslibertine

The company advertising this job are partners with a union that labour back on 19:57 - May 5 by Cottsy

Yes I am financially connected to a British company just like thousands of other Welsh workers or if they are not financially connected to American or Japanese or German companies.

We absolutely need to grow Welsh businesses but we need to grow them into British or European businesses but how could we expect our businesses to trade with the rest of the world if we don't allow them to trade with us?

Nice company this tempest are.

how can these be allowed into our schools

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/latest/photo-news/copyright-storm-over-duke
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024