Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fab hails Ashley Williams 13:15 - Sep 24 with 3865 viewsLeonisGod

Swansea City goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski hails Ashley Williams

"Putting aside all his football skills, what I really like about Ash is that he is a real captain, he is a real leader," said Fabianski.

Well said Fab, and he would know better than those on here who still think Ash doesn't lead the team.

Full story:

LUKASZ Fabianski has hailed Ashley Williams's influence as the Swansea City captain prepares to lead his side out at Southampton on Saturday.

Williams and Fabianski were two of many frontline stars rested for Tuesday's Capital One Cup defeat at Hull.

But both are expected to be restored when Garry Monk's men resume Premier League action at St Mary's.

Williams has been earning rave reviews for both club and country this season.

Rio Ferdinand suggested Liverpool and Arsenal should have signed the defender, while Harry Redknapp claimed he would walk into the England side.

Fabianski played with the likes of Laurent Koscielny and Per Mertesacker while at Arsenal.

And he thinks Williams ranks among those stellar names.

"Putting aside all his football skills, what I really like about Ash is that he is a real captain, he is a real leader," said Fabianski.

"He is a big character in the dressing room and the good thing about him is, whatever he says, people want to listen to him.

"There is something special about him apart from the football skills, which are on a high level as well.

"That's a perfect example of what the captain of your club and your country should be.

"It's Ash's responsibility, but I think he does it very well. I'm very happy I can play alongside him.

"He leads by example on the pitch. He always puts his body in difficult situations and is always there to support you."

Swansea are preparing to face a Southampton side who have made a patchy start to the season.

They lost to Manchester United last weekend and have collected just six points from as many games so far.

"It will be a tough away game against a really tough team, but we have shown already this season, and the one before, that we can compete against anyone, it doesn't matter if it's away from home," added Fabianski.

"We are just a team who are tough to play against and I think we are well respected.

"Teams know it is hard to play against us, we play good football and we get results as well."

Read more: http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-goalkeeper-Lukasz-Fabianski
[Post edited 24 Sep 2015 13:15]
Fab hails Ashley Williams on 13:21 - Sep 24 with 3851 viewsyescomeon

Koscielny and Mertesacker stellar names?

Upthecity!

Fab hails Ashley Williams on 13:24 - Sep 24 with 3846 viewsLeonisGod

Fab hails Ashley Williams on 13:21 - Sep 24 by yescomeon

Koscielny and Mertesacker stellar names?

ha, yes indeed. Mertesacker's got the turning circle of an oil tanker and the speed to match
Fab hails Ashley Williams on 19:08 - Sep 24 with 3745 viewsnantywatcher

Fab hails Ashley Williams on 13:24 - Sep 24 by LeonisGod

ha, yes indeed. Mertesacker's got the turning circle of an oil tanker and the speed to match

Ever tried going around an oil tanker?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024