Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question: New Manager or New Striker/s 00:24 - Jan 6 with 746 viewsUplandsJack

If other threads about lack of money are correct, perhaps it has to be one or the other.
So as title suggests which would be your preference, if both cannot happen due to financial shortcomings...?
As much as I'd love a new manager at the helm, we desperately need strengthening on the pitch more!! Curtis has got us playing much better and is prepared, even if a little reluctantly, if some reports are to be believed, to carry on till the end of the season. So for me it would be spend all we can afford and some on new players... The long term manager situation may sadly have to wait.
In any eventuality Curtis for me will be above any finger pointing if the worst happens at the end of the season, but the board, well that's a completely different matter all together and maybe It shouldn't only be a new manager we are looking for in the Summer....
But that conversation is for after this season has played out to its conclusion....

Question: New Manager or New Striker/s on 00:43 - Jan 6 with 725 viewsawayjack

With so much money at stake and our huge (£90m?) cost base, surely we can fund a manager and at least loan striker? If it's one or other I'd go for a manager. Curt has done a decent job holding the fort and agree he should be above criticism if he's forced to manage for the season. Curt is honest to admit he doesn't have experience or motivation skills to manage a tricky group of players or out smart some seasoned premier league managers in a relegation fight. A top manager would get more creativity and push our midfield/attacking players. Even if we have to stick with Gomis/ayew there are capable of scoring as proved at end of last season / start of this.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024